Future remake? (archived)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Re: Oh well........................................

#326 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:45 pm

Shouldn't it be "Bonne chance avec vos jeux"? "Chance" is feminine, and since you're using the plural "jeux", it should be "vos" rather than "votre".

...Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. It's been a while since I took French myself! :p

Edit: Oh, and that's a good idea about the QFG 0 - Correspondance School. I could almost imagine the Hero taking part in a quiz similar to the one Roger Wilco had to take in SQ5...complete with Anti-cheat bot and all! :p Hehe...who knows...maybe for an easter egg they could have Roger in there trying to cheat off of the hero! :D Although...I guess a correspondance school is done through the mail but it's still a pretty cool idea, Storm!

~Wolfgang

Edited by: Wolfgang Abenteuer at: 1/24/03 7:01:17 am

adeyke

Heh.

#327 Post by adeyke » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:57 pm

I was going to make those same comments but then I didn't because this is, after all, the future remake thread that shouldn't go too far off-topic :p

Storm
Knight Status

#328 Post by Storm » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:10 pm

You know, there's just so much you can say about remakes, especially since there aren't that many Sierra game that should be remade and it's pretty obvious which one will get Tierra's treatment next.
So after 17 pages you would expect people to run out of things to say... :b

BTW - In my school we studied Arabic as a third language, but I don't remember any of it or have a proper font :rolleyes

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Remakes

#329 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Fri Jan 24, 2003 1:19 pm

adeyke - Agreed! :) I actually forgot to post what I originally intended to (about Storm's idea) after reading phil's thread and had to edit it in after the fact! :p

As for which games should get a remake, nothing could make me happier than to have QFG2 get the remake it deserves. I love that game and I'm glad the multi-talented AGDs are giving it a facelift. Whatever they decide to do after that will be great, to be sure, but nothing will be as grand as QFG2 in VGA splendour, IMO! :)

~Wolfgang

Naturette
Peasant Status

#330 Post by Naturette » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:45 pm

Good luck with your games
Thank you.
Do you speak French?
Yes I speak french.

Expect to see KQ0 in French and English.
Shouldn't it be "Bonne chance avec vos jeux"? "Chance" is feminine, and since you're using the plural "jeux", it should be "vos" rather than "votre".
You're right Wolfang but I don't care of it since I'm still having problem with my English.

Robin Gravel

Naturette rules. Oui monsieur.

Relight
Archival Expert

#331 Post by Relight » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:20 pm

I think the topic is still very relevant.

I will be content, now that Tierra has remade KQ1, KQ2, and will remake QFG2. QFG2 is arguably the game most-deserving of a remake. I think the excitement for this game is going to be HUGE. Personally I would much prefer Tierra (AGD1 and AGD2 personally) does KQ3 and KQ4, but if other fan groups or a new Tierra team do them instead, I can't complain since Tierra did a lot already.

Let's assume Tierra don't do KQ3 or KQ4, and don't move onto a commercial venture under a new name after QFG2. If they were to remake another game, what would it be?

Choice #1: I think it would be PQ2. PQ2 is a very strong game of the PQ series. And PQ is very different-type series than the fantasy Tierra has been doing.

Choice #2: LSL2. You know it's a good choice, since it's also a very different-type series and since it's one of Sierra's top series.

Choice #3: Laura Bow 1, the fans are practically killing for it to be done and again, it's a new genre for Tierra.

Choice #4: The Black Cauldron is also a hopeful, I can just imagine the beautiful artwork AGD1 could do for it. Then we are back to the fantasy realm.

What do I think it should be, given all the "if"s of what will happen in the future? I don't think any of the above games should miss-out on being honored by the deluxe treatment from Tierra. The must-have? Laura Bow 1.

In the original poll, Laura Bow is leading after KQ3. So it is the obvious choice. Sadly, PQ2 is low in the poll... So after Laura Bow, I would choose The Black Cauldron.

I don't exactly remember, but I'm sure somewhere one of the AGDs (or both of them) said good stuff about TBC, so I hope they re-make it. It is a simpler game as well, and I believe it should stay that way - so theoretically, Tierra could even be working on it on the side now as a new secret project!

Edited by: Relight at: 1/24/03 4:24:15 pm

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Re: Remakes

#332 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:57 pm

The only PQ I ever played was PQ4 (I loved it BTW), so it would be interesting to see PQ2 remade. If we discount KQ3, like you said Relight, I'd have to go with Larry 2 as my second choice. Larry 1 AGI was the first adventure game I ever played (and I liked Larry long before I ever understood the humour :p ), and of all of the Larry games I'd say LSL2 was my favourite. I remember playing it with my dad, cracking up when Larry stuffed the Super Big Gulp into his leisure suit! :lol That game would be fun to play in VGA IMO, even though I know there are those adventure game fans out there that don't much care for Larry.

Just my two cents.

~Wolfgang

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#333 Post by Erpy » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:06 am

The Black Cauldron is a bit tough. Disney's one of those companies who doesn't mind lobbying to keep their grip on intellectual property or building copyright enforcing hardware into computers.

Sierra no longer has any say about TBC. The rights transferred back to Disney in 1989 or so, so even Sierra is no longer allowed to distribute the game even if they wanted to.

Umm...did I mention Disney legal dept already?

Relight
Archival Expert

#334 Post by Relight » Sat Jan 25, 2003 4:23 am

Yeah, that legal thing on TBC does keep coming up (although I think there was a thread where AGD2 dismissed it, although maybe his mind is changed since then - I don't remember all these previous threads though), and there are other popular votes that would probably come first. It's just my wishful thinking.

Storm
Knight Status

Re: Remakes

#335 Post by Storm » Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:46 am

It's nice talking about other remakes, but it's pretty obvious that almost everyone here, especially those who played kq2+, want to see a KQ3+ remake after the completion of QFG2VGA.

Personally, I'd like to see even a KQ4 remake before anything else - it's my favorite among the first 4 KQs, and I can't wait to see what Tierra can make with it! :D

philthethrill101
Royal Servant Status

#336 Post by philthethrill101 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:13 pm

I'd like to see a remake of King's Quest IV too. The Sponge Factory team will probably be working on the game in the future so I don't know if Tierra is going to do a remake or not.

The Knight
King of Men

Here's....................................

#337 Post by The Knight » Sun Jan 26, 2003 6:04 am

PQ2 I believe is already got a team working on it. I think its something like werewolf productions. Or something like that.

The Knight

Gonchi
Peasant Status

#338 Post by Gonchi » Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:14 pm

any idea how werewolf productions is coming along with the remake?

The Knight
King of Men

No.........................................................

#339 Post by The Knight » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:34 am

No, I just remember someone was on the forums was part of the remake. I'm not sure whats going on with it right now though.

The Knight

CR3ePeR
Peasant Status

Re: Future remake?

#340 Post by CR3ePeR » Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:57 am

I love Kings Quest, but it would be 2 great to miss a Laura Bow upgrade. It's a great mystery game, with lots of plot twists.

philthethrill101
Royal Servant Status

Re: ...

#341 Post by philthethrill101 » Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:40 pm

It would be nice to see the Laura Bow 1 game in VGA style. Would Tierra use the same character sprite and dialogue picture from Laura Bow II: Dagger of Amon Ra?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#342 Post by Vildern » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:52 pm

I hope they wont.

The Knight
King of Men

I take.....................................................

#343 Post by The Knight » Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:51 pm

I take it you didn't like the way the characters look in LB2, Vildern. I haven't seen them to judge them, yet.

The Knight

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

Re:I take..........................................

#344 Post by Vildern » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:18 pm

The graphics in LB2 are considered the worst ever (in my book) >D

And it isnt the AGDs' drawing style, so no worries their remake would look like LB2 :)

philthethrill101
Royal Servant Status

#345 Post by philthethrill101 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:02 pm

Here is a screenshot of the back of the box to give you an idea of what the characters look like.
www.mobygames.com/game/co...ameId,462/

Here are a couple of screenshots from Sierra Planet.
www.sierraplanet.com/laur...odies.html

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: I take..................................................

#346 Post by Erpy » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:08 am

What a shame the name of the countess on the back of the box is nearly unreadable. It's almost identical to someone else.

The Knight
King of Men

I see.......................................................

#347 Post by The Knight » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:10 am

I see what you mean. But, they aren't the worst in my book.

The Knight

philthethrill101
Royal Servant Status

#348 Post by philthethrill101 » Thu Jan 30, 2003 1:09 pm

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. You've lost me.

The Knight
King of Men

Hmmmm......................................................

#349 Post by The Knight » Thu Jan 30, 2003 8:46 pm

The last few posts were about the graphics of LB2. And the posts before that, were about the future remake.

The Knight

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Re: I see...................................................

#350 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:51 pm

I think he was referring to Erpy's comment about the name of the Countess on the back of the box in one of the links phil gave (the mobygames one). Countess Lavinia. Similar to the name of someone Possum knows, doncha think?! ;)

Unless, of course, Erpy was talking about something else in which case I'm just as lost as phil! :p

~Wolfgang