Future remake? (archived)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: re

#451 Post by Erpy » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:52 am

What makes you think it was M who summoned the dragon? In the manual, it justs says he was watching the beast wreaking havoc with more than a bit of amusement.

rodeoclown
Royal Servant Status

none

#452 Post by rodeoclown » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:53 am

I never got to read the manual.
I had a pirated version (back before I knew piracy was wrong, I was only 6)

I never got past the stupid spells until I used the debug cheat and just jumped to the end...

I played it through properly a decade or so ago.

It would be good to have it remade.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

Re: Most people........................................

#453 Post by Vildern » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:48 pm

Lara Bow: The Colonel's Bequest VGA 208 / 19.1%
Charlie and Moe:
We've decided to make a remake of: "The Colonel's Bequest VGA". It will have a voice pack, up - to - date graphics and 3D animated cut-scenes. We presume that it will be released sometime during 2005
Well, you've read it yourself. Other people have taken ‘The Colonel's Bequest VGA' project. I guess now that there is no other option but choosing KQ3VGA as Tierra's next goal, since project #2 (#2 in the poll), has already been taken. Good news, huh? :p

The Knight
King of Men

Another wrong fact..........................................

#454 Post by The Knight » Wed Apr 02, 2003 10:57 pm

Gwydion, AKA Alexander, is also the coolest main character, as he is the only one who can use magic w/o using a stupid wand or a stupid crystal.
He did too have to use a wand. You needed it when preparing the spells.

Vildern: Colonels Bequest is being remade with voice pack? Where is that mentioned? Is it in this very very long thread? Do they have a website? Am I asking a lot of questions? Have you sent your email yet?

The Knight
http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/1799499.jpg

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#455 Post by Vildern » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:03 pm

Knight, I will send you your E-mail at once! Please check it in 5-10 minutes and reply when you can. Thanks.

About that remake, they just started their project, so there is no website yet. But it will take them YEARS (at least 2-3) to finish it. The good thing is that Tierra won't remake it now, and will work in the future on KQ3VGA - and this is just fabulous :)

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

Re: none

#456 Post by Vildern » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:11 pm

The E-mail was sent by me.

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Future remake?

#457 Post by Broomie » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:22 am

OMG! How many people have Tierra inspired to remake all the other Sierra games. Personnaly I don't mind it but when there isn't anything left to remake then what will Tierra do after that; start making their own quest games?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

Re: Another wrong fact......................................

#458 Post by Vildern » Sun Apr 06, 2003 2:36 am

Congrats on your new image, Broomie.

Tierra shouldn't remake Laura, cause, as I said, other people are doing this :evil :evil :evil , so KQIIIVGA would be a fair goal.

"Sopor på marken"

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#459 Post by Gronagor » Sun Apr 06, 2003 5:08 am

No! Finish QfG2 quickly!

optic
Knight Status

Re: none

#460 Post by optic » Sun Apr 06, 2003 6:35 am

I wouldn't finish it quickly...I mean like...think of all the bugs, the crashes and the like! You gotta bug-test it! :eek

OOcloudSM
Peasant Status

Re: Future remake?

#461 Post by OOcloudSM » Sun Apr 06, 2003 7:13 am

ach! i can't decide! :o ( laura bow would be very hard to remake. with all the clue stuff and it's just.. wow. lol. um. not fond that much of leisure suit larry.. yet i own the second one. :\ police quest 2 would be sweet. and same with kings quest 3.. im thinking AT THIS MOMENT kings quest 3. but i know if i vote, my mind will change and i can't vote again.. i've played conquest of camelot but i got stuck and just forgot about it so im not knowledgeable with that. so my voteS would be pq2 and kq3.. i think tierra needs to finish up the kings quest series and then can head to another series.

;) :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :eek :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin ;)

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#462 Post by TakariFreak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:45 am

Besides KQ3, I want them to start doing Royal Quest again! That sounded SOO awsome! I would Love to play it! Who cares if it's offensive? Isn't that the whole point of it?:b

----------------
King illegal forest to pig wild kill in it a is!

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Royal Quest

#463 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:25 am

The point of the game, yes, but not the point of Tierra. The AGDs felt that the game was getting to be too offensive and could very easily have a negative impact upon the fangame community as well as their own reputations. Tierra wants to be known for bringing back the old classic adventure games, not for making offensive material. That, and Sierra may raise more than just a few eyebrows should Tierra (or anyone else for that matter) use King Graham, King's Quest, or any other of its materials in a rude or slanderous manner. Thus, the AGDs thought it better to can the Royal Quest idea and instead focus on remaking the classics.

I, for one, am happy to hear that decision! :)

~Wolfgang

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#464 Post by TakariFreak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 8:58 am

Yeah, I understood that when I heard about it. But still, I would have LOVED to play it...I'm sure I would have been laughing my @** off while playing, and have my parents ask what the hell I was doing...now THAT's what I call a good time! I would get to laugh AND have my parents think I'm weird. Killing two bird with one stone is fun...(although one could kill one bird, and pick up the same stone and kill the other one and the phrase would men the same thing...but don't even get me started on THAT one...)

I think I'll quiet down now, before people start throwing veggies at me...

----------------

Wolfgang Abenteuer

LOL

#465 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:01 am

Don't worry...Tierra forum members don't throw vegetables. They use dessert foods instead (right, Erpy?!). ;)

~Wolfgang

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#466 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:40 am

Like AGD2's birthday cake?

----------
Sponge Factory

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#467 Post by TakariFreak » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:51 am

Well, carrot cake could fall under both categories!

But not thowing ice cream at Artemis (look left <----). His fur is nice and shiny, and ice cream will make it sticky and ugly.

Now to mention he'll claw your eyes out and stab you in the crotch with a spork...

----------------

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

Re: .

#468 Post by Vildern » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:34 pm

Wolfgang wrote:The AGDs felt that the game was getting to be too offensive and could very easily have a negative impact upon the fangame community as well as their own reputations
So, Wolfgang, if I say that Laura Bow is too offensive (in my taste), then there will be no chance for Laura Bow to get a remake? AWESOME! I think that Laura Bow is too offensive.

"Sopor på marken"

optic
Knight Status

Re: LOL

#469 Post by optic » Mon Apr 07, 2003 1:50 pm

Violance is a great way to relieve stress...;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#470 Post by Erpy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:03 pm

So, Wolfgang, if I say that Laura Bow is too offensive (in my taste), then there will be no chance for Laura Bow to get a remake? AWESOME! I think that Laura Bow is too offensive.
And why would you think that? (that's a rhetorical question, so don't bother to answer) I'm pretty sure that whatever reasons you could think up would be fairly easy to debunk for the average LB-fan. That's different for RQ. The reasons why the game would have been too offensive would have been tossed in the players face during every minute he was playing.

RQ would have caused lots of die-hard KQ-fans to dislike us. The amount of fans RQ would have delivered us wouldn't have been able to compensate for the vast amount of naysayers it would have directed to our site and forums. Once put off by Tierra, lots of people would have been naturally sceptical towards any future released by our team. Bad memories have the habit of sticking around for a long time. And we prefer not to make any moves that could do a great deal of damage to the image we've been struggling to build up. (that was all the proof you would have needed while the 4-1 prank was being played)

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#471 Post by Vildern » Mon Apr 07, 2003 9:39 pm

Laura Bow is offensive! It is violent. There are good people getting killed there, and poor Laura needs to find out why and by whom. There is nothing to add to the facts above.

"Sopor på marken"

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#472 Post by Erpy » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:12 pm

spoilers

QFG3: Leapard chief, Laibon and the "survivor" died.
QFG4: Toby died. (and Katrina, but that was more of a sacrifice)
Gabriel Knight: Mahlia, professor Hartridge and Wolfgang Ritter died.
Gabriel Knight 2: People were murdered as well.
Police Quest: You come across corpses every now and then as well.

Does the fact that people die as part of the plot make a game offensive? I don't think so.

Elements like hacking someone to bits because you disagree with him or mixing in a couple of profane words in every sentence you speak ARE widely seen as offensive.

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

Re: LOL

#473 Post by TakariFreak » Tue Apr 08, 2003 3:14 am

What? Are you giving away RQ's "secret" plot here Erpy? :p
----------------

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#474 Post by Erpy » Tue Apr 08, 2003 9:49 am

No, just talking about some of its traits.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#475 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:51 am

You must find any mystery story like sherlock holmes and the like offensive then, Vildern.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4