Future remake? (archived)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Final thoughts?

#701 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:30 pm

I still have strong faith in kippesoep for SQ2VGA (it was the only sq I really liked

I really liked it also. It's my second favorite next to SQ4. Then I think it would be SQ6 (even though it's a lousy game, IMO. But it's one of the funniest, if not the funniest).

Yes, quite a few promising projects popping up. I think all these projects are going to somehow spark interest in the genre again. If more and more projects keep popping up, it's going to be a big thing and not so underground anymore. I know one company wants to get The Adventure Company to market their original game (as they do that to small 'companies' like fan/non-profit projects).

"Requires MCGA, CGA, VGA, PGA, or TA-RA-RA-BOOMGA!!" -Gary Owens, SQ4

The Knight
King of Men

I can't wait................................................

#702 Post by The Knight » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:34 am

I do hope that SQ2 does get finished. It would be a shame if it was cancelled. Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Knight

"What is this song all about?
Can't figure any Lyrics out
How do the words to it go?
I wish you'd tell me, I don't know."

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

Re: yeah....................................................

#703 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:40 am

Yeah, I plan for this *secret* project of mine to be my only fan-project. All my adventures after that will be completely original. I have had dreams in settings like King's Quest. And you know how when you walk up from the beach to that screen with the tree splitting to the castle and the town, and how you get a VERY peaceful feeling from it? I have lots of ideas for scenes like that. I don't have any ideas as far as stories, but I think I'll have some interesting projects after that. One of the main reasons of doing this *secret* project is that I don't have to write: the one game design thing I'm terrible at. :)

---------

"Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
----------
Sponge Factory

The Knight
King of Men

Ummmm.......................................................

#704 Post by The Knight » Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:42 am

Muzlak, dosen't it say on your website what the secret project is?

The Knight

"What is this song all about?
Can't figure any Lyrics out
How do the words to it go?
I wish you'd tell me, I don't know."

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#705 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:30 am

Yes, but how many people really click on those links? :P Right now, I'm going to leave it for two reasons:

1) I'm lazy.
2) Production isn't that far away (Let's just say that I'm going to be able to keep a goal for release I made long ago.)
3) If people are willing to research through it, I don't mind if they know what my secret project, I just don't want someone to visit a forums once, see the name, and assume that it's in full production.

---------

"Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
----------
Sponge Factory

Weaver1497
Peasant Status

Re: I can't wait............................................

#706 Post by Weaver1497 » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:30 am

MuzlakOofmay:

Sorry off topic, Donnie Darko rocks, really great writing on that film.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#707 Post by Vildern » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:42 am

Muzlak:
...it for two reasons:
1) I'm lazy.
2) Production isn't that......
3)If people are willing to.....

:p
And......
Sponge Factory's Arean's Wish has been cancelled
Noooooo... :( :cry :x So sad. I thought it would be a good game.

Edited by: Vildern at: 6/22/03 5:45 am

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Ummmm...................................................

#708 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:53 pm

Erpy, today is the day you close this poll, it has been up for a whole year and it is time for the old lock topic button.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#709 Post by Erpy » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:00 pm

I guess I caused confusion, but I stated earlier in this post:
I'm going to make an attempt to majorly destroy my credibility and take back my previous statement about locking the thread on its first birthday. The AGDs deemed it better to let this thread stick around until we made an official decision on our next project. (and once we're ready to start it)

Locking it might have the same result as creating a QFG2VGA-forum at this point; give people who aren't regulars here the impression that a released project is only a few months away.

Broomie
The Enigma

#710 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:13 pm

Oops! (how many times has that word appeared in my posts?) Sorry about that! :o

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#711 Post by anathoth8 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:17 am

Well, you guys are of course free to do as you wish, but personally, I don't see that that would really be as big a problem as you seem to think that it will be. I, myself, would like to see this thread locked and I will tell you why.

1. It has been long enough that the results are fairly clear. It is unlikely that future votes will sway the overall concensus.

2. With over 1650 votes on this poll, I find it highly unlikely that they are all from individual users. I think it far more likely that the same people are voting for their favorites again and again, making the results from the poll that much more unreliable.

3. This is just a personal annoyance, but with the state of ezBoards and the normal long waiting time for the pages to load, I find it irritating to see the new post sign and wait for the page to load, only to find that it is only another vote.

If you are really worried about it, perhaps you should just edit the initial post to the effect that the results do not indicate that that game is currently in the works. Any irregular visiters will probably only read that first post anyway and that would keep them from getting the wrong idea.

I understand your concerns, but I think that this poll has stuck around on the front page long enough. The results are in; it is time to close the ballot.

"Let me show you what hope you have."

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#712 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:18 am

To respond to your #3, anathoth, what I do is when I go to read the last post in this thread, I just click on the number of the last page rather than the title of the thread, and that way the next time I go into this forum, if the number of the last page is yellow, that means no new posts have been added, and if it's white, that means there's at least one new post. It's the way ezboards handles the URLs for individual pages (using &start and &stop to specify a range of posts for each page...the &stop number will be larger than the previous time if a new post is added and therefore will produce a different URL that my comp doesn't think I have clicked on).

~Wolfgang

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#713 Post by anathoth8 » Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:32 pm

That's usually the case for me as well, but I have on occasion found that the number is yellow, while there are still some new messages to read. That wasn't the only thing I meant, though. Suppose that a new vote to the poll is the only thing that has been added to the General Forum since I last checked. On the main page, there would be a 'new' icon next to General Forum. I click on it, wait for it to load, only to find that there are not any new messages, just a new vote. I then have to wait some more to get back to the main page (even though you would think that it would be in my cache, it still tries to reload the page when I hit the back button).

Anyway, I just thought that I would give my opinion on this thing. I know that broomie was confused, but he is just one reader. I really don't think that there will be a large group of people overall who will get confused by this.

"Let me show you what hope you have."

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#714 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:32 pm

I thought the best thing to do would be to move this thread here... hopefully nobody will notice that it disappeared without a trace. :eek

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Future remake?

#715 Post by Erpy » Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:48 pm

Opinions were a bit divided on what to do with this thread now it's already been one year old. At first, I mentioned closing it, then we thought it might be better to leave it open so people wouldn't get the wrong idea about us already having planned what to release after QFG2VGA, but in the end we decided to close it nevertheless. I'm keeping it here, in the least active folder of the community, as an archive for people to read one year of reactions, suggestions and rants. It's quite amazing that this thread has been able to remain on the first page of the general forum for a whole year without being a sticky.

One thing I'd like to stress:

No, we have NOT YET decided what project to go for after QFG2VGA. It's just that this thread is growing REALLY large.