German keyboard

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Flauschepelz
Peasant Status

German keyboard

#1 Post by Flauschepelz » Thu Aug 30, 2001 10:05 am

I have a German keyboard.<br>When I type something in KQ1 VGA, for example in a save dialog, the letters Y and Z are switched. Also, the punctuation symbols are mapped to the wrong keys.<br>Quest for Glory 4.5 doesn't have this problem. The reason why I'm mentioning QFG 4.5 is because it uses the same game engine (AGS) as KQ1 VGA (at least as far as I know).<br><br>Why could this bug be a problem?<br>Well, you said that there will be a German version of your game. The German name for "Rumplestiltskin" is "Rumpelstielzchen" (notice the "z").<br> <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: German keyboard

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Aug 30, 2001 2:06 pm

Hmm, I'm really not sure. It must be something that was changed in between different releases of the AGS engine, alhtough I can't say why. If you quit the game and then restart it, does the problem still occur? <p></p><i></i>

Flauschepelz
Peasant Status

Re^2: German keyboard

#3 Post by Flauschepelz » Thu Aug 30, 2001 9:49 pm

I reinstalled KQ1 VGA 2.0, but that didn't solve the problem. By the way, it occurs both in the save game dialog and when you're typing in Rumple's name.<br>I guess I'll just send a bug report to the creator of AGS.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

Re: Re^2: German keyboard

#4 Post by Milan Easton » Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:44 pm

That's funny, Flauschepelz. I never realized this would be much of a problem, because I'm ALSO using a German keyboard, but I've changed it in the settings to English. With a little practice, it's not too difficult to use, as only the y and z are replaced, and the puncuation is not needed in the game. Once we release translated versions of the game, we'll look more into this problem. But for the english version, I believe everything should be ok, as the only thing you need to type is Rumplestiltskin, and there is no z or y in the English version of it.<br><br>Anonymous Game Developer #1 <p></p><i></i>