My game problems.

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

My game problems.

#1 Post by Fribbi » Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:25 am

I had sound problem only when I am near the beach. It squeaks when the ocean is trying to move.<br><br>The cloak disappear from Graham when I am trying to find something in a little hole in a small log and he find nothing his wear his cloak again near spring lake.<br><br>It got the same problem like the KQ1 it slows sometime when I click somewhere to go.<br><br>That is it! <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: My game problems.

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:36 am

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I had sound problem only when I am near the beach. It squeaks when the ocean is trying to move.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Does this happen in all beach screens, or just one in particular? If you change your 'digital sound' setting in the setup program, does it fix the problem?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>The cloak disappear from Graham when I am trying to find something in a little hole in a small log and he find nothing his wear his cloak again near spring lake.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>Do you mean if he is wearing the cloak and he bends down, the cloak will dissapear, and then when he stands up again, the cloak will reappear again? If so, which screen is the hole in?<br><br><!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>It got the same problem like the KQ1 it slows sometime when I click somewhere to go.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--><br><br>This is the AGS pathfinding system I think. There's not much that can be done about it, I'm afraid. It's not as bad as before though, right? <p></p><i></i>

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#3 Post by Fribbi » Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:52 am

Yes it happens in every screen near the ocean and the beach in the daylight. I think it is because of the sounds of the ocean flying birds sorry can not say the name of it in English. I have not try that yet with the sounds system. If you are in front of the bridge and go west twise you will notice that little tiny hole in log down on the screen with nothing inside. Or if you are in the dwarf house screen and go down twise you will probably see it. Well yes this is much better than the KQ1 like I said it has a richer storytellings. <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:57 am

Thanks! The cloak bug is now fixed due to your sharp eyes, Fribbi. Very good :)<br><br>As for the weird sound with the ocean waves, could you please try running the setup program (winsetup.exe), and for the "Digital sound" setting try selecting <!--EZCODE BOLD START--><strong>Default WaveOut device</strong><!--EZCODE BOLD END-->, and see if this fixes the problem? <p></p><i></i>

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#5 Post by Fribbi » Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:33 am

Okay I will try that out and give you my report about my sound problem later and the name of the bird was seagulls. I have not yet installed the digital music pack if you must to know about that. I will download that maybe or later. It took me 3 hour and 25 minutes or maybe more when I was downloading the game So 60 Mb for my weak 56 baud modem hmm. Maybe I will download that in the next month or later. <br>I am only allowed to be in Internet in 1 hour and 30 minutes sometimes a little more. I had to beg my parents to be longer again then. It is not easy if you must know. So that means I have to take a break again from my computer so I can keep my phone bills in a normal status. My parents will kill me if I go over that bill. I am not usually downloading files that is that big. I usually download music and little file stuffs that don't take too much time to download. <br><br>And again to the bugs problem. Well I don't know if this is a bug too but I have notice that King Graham walk slower near the town sign westside near the church. I know it should be when the wolfs are coming to get you but when there is nothing to do there what is the point then. It does not bug me at all but I was just wondering if that has to be in that way. <p></p><i></i>

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#6 Post by Fribbi » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:18 am

And here is my report on my sound problems. I have tried with all of the sounds option with midi and waves and directx sound and it just have the same problem. When I am walking on the beach and the ocean wave start to move a squeaky sounds will come and it slow down the game for at least 40 second and after that it is gone until I go a again in another screen with ocean waves that moves. I think this is the Wave sound error. And about the slowness I was talking about it happens only in the night and after that. And It always happens to me when the credits come again just like in the beach and the singing woman is about to sing a squeaky sounds will come in a a about 35 seconds and after that it disappear. That is all reports I can give you now. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub57.ezboard.com/broyalquestfor ... >Fribbi</A> at: 12/9/02 9:20:16 pm<br></i>