The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

#2026 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:02 pm

There's a handful of new songs that play during a new prologue featuring the four heroes of the previous generation. (Dyne, Ghaleon, Mel and Lemia) However, the entire soundtrack was remastered and compared to the PSX midi tunes, it sounds a 100 times better.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2027 Post by Brainiac » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:31 pm

XSEED also posted a different voice clip of Kyle's new voicework. The person in charge admitted the fascination with drunk Kyle was a mistake on the company's blog:

"3) Why does Kyle's voice sound like someone who's had too many head injuries as a child?

-This is my fault entirely. I chose a voice clip that I thought was funny, but I just happen to find him being drunk hilarious. That clip also doesn't come across right because viewers can't see the animation that goes with it, leading to Kyle sounding like we drugged him with Quaaludes during his recording session. Allow me to rectify that with a clip of him in his normal voice which I will throw up on facebook shortly."

So, here's the new clip. Enjoy. The aforementioned entry of the XSEED Games blog can be found here.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2028 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Super Mario Bros. Wii was designed by the devil. SATAN HIMSELF.

Bt

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2029 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:23 am

Super Mario Bros. Wii was designed by the devil. SATAN HIMSELF.

Bt
Damn how did you know I spent eternity manipulating Shigeru Miyamoto in to making my evil masterpiece Mwa ha ha ha ha ha. :evil

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2030 Post by Brainiac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Super Mario Bros. Wii was designed by the devil. SATAN HIMSELF.
So that's what he was doing after being expelled from the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartridge by the Nerd and SMDC2KBCv4.0b. :p

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2031 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 am

Just saw in Nintendo Power magazine. Mega Man Zero Collection announced for DS any thoughts comments.

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#2032 Post by crayauchtin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:11 pm

I used to have a PS3 but I stupidly, stupidly let me ex keep it because I didn't have a TV that it would work on when we broke up. It's possibly the biggest regret in my life. :P

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2033 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:22 pm

I just finished a cool point and click called "Machinarium". The art in it is absolutely beautiful in my opinion, though the game doesn't really point you in any direction so I found myself just fiddling around a lot. Overall I really enjoyed it. The demo is free to try for anyone interested, and the game itself is only 20 bucks.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2034 Post by Brainiac » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:I just finished a cool point and click called "Machinarium". The art in it is absolutely beautiful in my opinion, though the game doesn't really point you in any direction so I found myself just fiddling around a lot. Overall I really enjoyed it. The demo is free to try for anyone interested, and the game itself is only 20 bucks.
You're not the only one, LP. The recent Aggie Awards over at Adventure Gamers gave awards to Machinarium for Best Graphic Design, Best Music, and Best Independent Adventure. In addition, it got Readers' Choice awards for Best Gameplay, Best Concept, Best Setting, Best Graphic Design, and Best Independent Adventure.

The was a special 6-game Indie Bundle for $20 around Valentine's Day that included Machinarium, but that's over. Currently though, Machinarium is part of the Best of Indie Vol. 3 Bundle on Direct2Drive for $30 (it also has Braid, World of Goo, Osmos, Crayon Physics Deluxe, and five other independent titles), running through March 12th.

Anybody wonder who would have won for Best Port/Updated Re-release if they'd had that award last year? Perhaps the 2008 Best Underground Adventure?

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2035 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 pm

Why would they not have that award, they afraid AGDI would win too many awards?
Oh and the only other game from that list I've played is Crayon Physics Deluxe, which is good times but EXTREMELY hard once you hit a certain point. That and if you and you sister play while drinking and draw crayon penises and breasts all over the map, they don't go away when you sober up. Not that I would know from personal experience or anything....

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2036 Post by Brainiac » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Why would they not have that award, they afraid AGDI would win too many awards?
If I had to guess...the remake/port adventure trend didn't really kick off until last year. What other ports or updated versions of adventure games were released in 2008 besides AGDI's QfG2?
Lady Pyro wrote:Oh and the only other game from that list I've played is Crayon Physics Deluxe, which is good times but EXTREMELY hard once you hit a certain point. That and if you and you sister play while drinking and draw crayon penises and breasts all over the map, they don't go away when you sober up. Not that I would know from personal experience or anything....
You lie poorly. :p

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2037 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:09 pm

It's kind of sad, I desperately tried to restore the defiled landscape to no avail. Those cutesy little drawings all around the place are surprisingly hard to imitate and those...crude images that replaced them are tedious to erase.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2038 Post by Brainiac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 am

Prepare for a new and rather sickening salvo volleyed by the "Games are Evil" people.

Gaming Addiction Leads to Death of 3-Month-Old Korean Girl

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2039 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:04 am

The PSP version of Lunar came out this week. I was pleasantly surprised too when it only took them two days to ship the game to my home. Time for some nostalgica. :D

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2040 Post by Brainiac » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm curious, Erpy. Have you ever played the Sega CD original? If so, which version of Nash do you prefer?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2041 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Difficult to say. Characterisation wasn't all that extensive in the Sega CD version...only very occasionally did your characters chip in during conversations with NPC's. I'm still gonna say I like the SSSC-version more, the development he got may have made him slightly less likable (okay...a LOT less likable), but also a lot less forgettable. I'll pick a character written to be slightly obnoxious and succeeding over a generic character any time.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2042 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:28 pm

Brainiac wrote:Prepare for a new and rather sickening salvo volleyed by the "Games are Evil" people.

Gaming Addiction Leads to Death of 3-Month-Old Korean Girl
"The couple also admitted to feeding her rotten powdered milk as well as spanking her whenever she cried. "
That's not gaming addiction, that's just terrible terrible parenting. Even if they hadn't been spending all their time in front of a computer screen, I doubt they would have been spending it with their daughter.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2043 Post by Brainiac » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:14 am

I never said it was completely justified blaming it on gaming, LP. I'm just saying the anti-gaming groups will hinge on that element. It's especially true with the intense irony of caring for a virtual daughter instead of a real one (which, needless to say, sickens me to no end).

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2044 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to sound like that, I was just really disgusted with these people.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2045 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:24 pm

On the topic of video game addiction, Cracked.com offers up a comedy-list style explanation for gaming addiction. It's more informative than funny, but still very good.
5 Creepy ways video games are trying to get you addicted

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2046 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:03 pm

I just played the demo for Heavy Rain on my new PS3 and it is sweet! I'm gonna have to pick this one up...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2047 Post by Brainiac » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:54 pm

MusicallyInspired

#2048 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Wow.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2049 Post by Lady Pyro » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Despite heavy criticism, I just bought Brutal Legend (It combines three of my favorite things into a video game, the fact that I resisted surprises me).
I raise a mighty middle finger to the critics, for I am enjoying it quite intensely. It has flaws, but I love so much about it I'm willing to overlook. And I'm even enjoying the RTS bits that I was told would be frustrated and uncontrollable. I find them chaotic, but I think that's part of the appeal for me.
I love it, I shall play it to 100%

MusicallyInspired

#2050 Post by MusicallyInspired » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 am

Oh, how was it? I was going to get it but I was displeased when I found out that instead of being the fighting game I thought it would be, it was actually some strange RTS type game eventually. It's dramatically dropped in price so I may pick it up now.

Also, I forgot to mention I beat Heavy Rain a few days ago. Great game. I wish the killer would have changed based on what decision you make making replay value go up (like Yahtzee said), but it was quite good. Now I have to actually go back and play Indigo Prophecy!