Is it a sin to have never played QFG2EGA?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Kloreep
Knight Status

Re: Is it a sin to have never played QFG2EGA?

#26 Post by Kloreep » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:57 pm

:lol Quite true. Though I do find grinding QFG1 helps with more than a boner. (Heh, graphic imagery not intended.) Since QFG2 has fixed events rather than letting you take things on at your leisure, it's not always possible to just drop everything and train if you find a weakness in your skills. A strong start in the first game helps ensure little difficulty in the second, where you'll probably want to spend your game time on the rich world rather than the stat system. :)

Indeed, fighting isn't that hard to avoid. Just don't play a fighter. (Not sure if there's that much difference between Magic Users and Thieves in avoiding combat... both can use their skills to get around most fights. I suppose magic is easier, since the spells tend to focus on allowing you to escape from monsters after they find you, whereas Thieves only have the preventative measure of stealth.)

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#27 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:14 am

Kloreep wrote: Indeed, fighting isn't that hard to avoid. Just don't play a fighter. (Not sure if there's that much difference between Magic Users and Thieves in avoiding combat... both can use their skills to get around most fights. I suppose magic is easier, since the spells tend to focus on allowing you to escape from monsters after they find you, whereas Thieves only have the preventative measure of stealth.)
Or play a Thief with Magic skill and get the best of both those worlds.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#28 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:30 am

ya I usually stealth everywhere and eventually don't have to fight for the rest of the game but I still like to for some of the challenges, like beating the ogre as a thief in QFG1 is difficult but beating the minotaur is almost impossible. I have never played QFG2 until about 2 weeks ago when I saw an update on the main page and couldn't take the wait anymore. I got onto my second or third day and decided that I've seen enough of the game to be mistified by the remake. That way I'll have played the entire series in VGA, still haven't played 1 EGA.