I'm getting out of here.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

I'm getting out of here.

#1 Post by Charlemagne » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:55 am

I can't take this anymore.

I'm sorry but I swear that I lose brain cells every time I read one of Quest For Glory Fan's or Father Ghostface's or Alias's posts. I used to enjoy posting things here and reading the funny or informative or gently insulting responses. Maybe I'm just getting intolerant in my old age but it seems that this forum has taken a giant, innane step towards juvenilia, and I simply can't endure it anymore.

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 27 years old. It may be uncommon for people to make birthday resolutions, but in this case I feel I must do so. I'm taking a sabbatical. I'll continue to work on my story and maybe write a poem or two, but I won't be posting very much in the forseeable future. I'll likely still read posts but I won't respond to them.

I'll see you all later... much later.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#2 Post by VampD3 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:57 am

awwww, it will be such a shame to see you go, Hope you stay in touch!!

Happy birthday for yesterday!!!!! Hope you had a great time.

You can always post on our forums, even though there dead right now! but you never know.

Miss you!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#3 Post by Vildern » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:58 am

As with Anathoth, I see you as an integral part of this community. Indeed, we have had better times here as well as worse times. Currently, it appears, from your standpoint at least, this forum is not in his better days. It is bound to change. Over time, whatever bothers you will dissolve or become less common.

Do visit. I hope I'll be able to witness your return.

Happy belated birthday.

Take care.
Last edited by Vildern on Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:01 pm

Everyone's going, first Knight, then Anathoth8 now Charlemagne... hope it isn't me next. Must be some AGDI curse. Btw, what has Alias done? I've never seen any immaturity in his posts.

I don't know why you should be bothered by their posts, well I can understand FG's but you shouldn't let them aggitate you. Ignoring is the best way of avoiding this. ;)

Hope you do change your mind, but if not, take care and be back soon.
Last edited by Broomie on Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#5 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:52 pm

I remember the Infamous Mecha Sonic posted a lot and now he's disappeared and someone else called bluetails or something. But your posts were very informative and mature...something we need more of here sometimes, no doubt, as you said. Hopefully you'll come back. Good luck!

Jafar
Super Star

#6 Post by Jafar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:45 pm

Bromios wrote:Everyone's going, first Knight, then Anathoth8 now Charlemagne... hope it isn't me next. Must be some AGDI curse.
It's that time of the year again.... :|

Anyway, see ya, happy birthday, and come back soon!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Alias » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:46 pm

If Father Ghost Face would be sensible and not ask for trouble then  I wouldent have to react to his stupid comments. My friends father died in London, shes broken up and here you go worrying about some imaginary bird in the subways.

Maybe I should leave too, since I've found no conversations lately that actually interest me anymore. Bah, I need a drink...

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#8 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:16 pm

Well Charlemagne, if it's less "immaturity" you crave, I'd say go to the IA forums since they're more geared towards an older crowd. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't as immature or anything. It just means 12 year olds aren't really allowed to post on there unless they're intellegent or don't read the warnings. And if they don't read the warnings, then we ignore them straight away. I mean, it's not the most active forum, but it's better than nothing. Take care, man. I'll see ya soon!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

I'm taking the goldfish, and asking "Who's comin with m

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:29 pm

I hear you Charlemagne; in fact, I agree completely.

I think I shall depart, as well.   I'm not saying I'm beneath a stupid joke or two now or then, but this place is quite different from the community I joined a few years ago.  Tis the nature of the beast, however, and things change.   Perhaps it is best for me to forge ahead into my own element, and leave places as such to others.   I've enjoyed my time around here, and I wish the regulars that made it a pleasent place all my best.   I feel my time here has ended, so I leave you all with well wishes and anticipations for QFG2VGA.

I'll see you all when QFG2VGA comes out.  Take care - hail and farewell.  To those who wish it, you'll know where to find me.

Fondly,

Bt

Alliance
Knight Status

#10 Post by Alliance » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:49 pm

Yes, this all makes perfect sense. I cannot take FG's whole "I hope animals are okay because people are dumb" type posts. He really ticks me off some times. He's a good guy at heart, but he does aggravate me.
Yeah, I think I'm going to take a long break from this place as well. Too long we've had stupid iniane posts by people like Fribbi. And I admit, I've made some stupid posts, no one's perfect. But still...I figure a nice break from this place will do me some good. Perhaps by the time I get back, I'll be more mature.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#11 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:51 pm

Too long we've had stupid iniane posts by people like Fribbi.
Didn't you mean insane posts.

At least you are finally telling me the truth now what you think about me.  >:

I guess people are loosing their own patient for waiting so long after Quest for Glory 2 VGA. I have being working on my game in near 6 ore 7 months and it is already getting finished. Because I don't want to let people wait so long after my first game.

I think AGDI team made a bad mistake when they decided to work on a two game wich is bigger than QG2VGA together in same time because it is  obviously too big game for them to handle with. I just wonder now what game do they focus more on now.

:smokin

Alliance
Knight Status

#12 Post by Alliance » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:07 pm

Fribbi wrote:
Too long we've had stupid iniane posts by people like Fribbi.
Didn't you mean insane posts.

At least you are finally telling me the truth now what you think about me.  >:
Hey, man, didn't mean to offend. I just think that "The Black Sky Sceenshot Images Thread" is a bit over the top. I'm not putting you down or anything, you have great talent. But maybe you should make a demo before posting any more stuff about the game.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#13 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:14 pm

I don't need to work on demo. The game are almost getting ready after two ore three weeks. So just try to be more patient like me. I have waited much longer for Quest for Glory than anybody here. And I am still here making insane posts because I am already nuts after all this waitings :lol .

Have no worry about this Alliance. Just relax. Be cool or whatever. ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#14 Post by Broomie » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:26 pm

I think Alliance meant inane. Posts which can have no meaning or make no sense.
Fribbi wrote:I have waited much longer for Quest for Glory than anybody here.
Now that's an insane statement.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#15 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:44 pm

The Forum is breaking apart...

El_Listo
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by El_Listo » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:51 pm

That's a conspiracy.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:52 pm

It's an observation.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#18 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:55 pm

Now that's an insane statement.
No, it's true. Fribbi was one of the first people to be regulars on this forum. He's been here longer than me, longer than Erpy, longer than a lot of people here. He was a supporter of AGDI when they were in the planning stages of KQ1VGA and Royal Quest. He was the first regular to ever recieve a custom title and he got it for being the most dedicated AGD fan. He's been waiting for QFG2VGA since way back then, when the AGDs first vowed to remake KQ1, KQ2, and QFG2 and started Tierra Entertainment. Fribbi's been a good fan for a looooong while. Because of this, most of his posts are excusable in my eyes.

FG is a little kid without the ability to comprehend all that he does. Fribbi is an intellegent guy who, while not grasping English as well as others, still finds ways to contribute to the forums. While his humor is not my style, it's been a mainstay of the forums and some people find it entertaining. FG, however, is just incomprehensible. Fribbi is okay, but FG not so much. At least Fribbi makes good contributions.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#19 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:02 pm

ok I think this is way too much FG Bashing as I am one of those people believing everyone is equal...How about censoring names or hey just use mine. If you can devote so many posts at this one kid I can only imagine what some of you have to say about me.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#20 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:10 pm

Hey, I really don't care. Someone brought up the topic, I gave my opinion on it. That's the long and short of it. When he tried to register a long time ago and couldn't grasp how to click a couple of buttons to do it, I told those who were helping him, "don't do it, if he's not intellegent enough to understand how to register, what makes you think he'll make good posts?" and people ignored me. Now they're frustrated because he's inane and people are leaving right and left. You reap what you sow, that's all I'm saying. I personally ignore him, but since opinion was asked, I gave it. That's all.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

GASP!

#21 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:39 pm

ok I think this is way too much FG Bashing as I am one of those people believing everyone is equal...How about censoring names or hey just use mine. If you can devote so many posts at this one kid I can only imagine what some of you have to say about me.
At least someone sticks up for me!

Talking about me behind my back eh? Saying I'm incapable of doing anything huh? Saying mean posts about me hmmm? Well that's not very nice!  >:

And I am capable of many things...KURDT!  |I

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#22 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:14 pm

We should all have a break from the forum I think, maybe Erpy should close the board for a few days lol

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#23 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Wow... I feel some intense tension here. Everyone should chill out. Forum members come, forum members go. That's the way it is. I'm sorry to see Charelmagne go, as he was one of the people that posted descent conversation.

I understand what you mean about the level of immaturity on the board at times. It used to be that we'd enforce the "No one liners" rule quite a bit. We've gotten away from that lately because we no longer have to pay EZBoards depending on the amount of posting/viewing. It all costs the same. I imagine if we started enforcing that rule again, it'd get rid of a lot of the pointless "You know what, Uh huh" type posts. It'd also get rid of the name calling and flaming. Perhaps some stricter moderation could bring the forum back up to par. What's your thoughts on that?

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#24 Post by Kurdt » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:49 pm

I'd say stricter moderation in terms of content, but don't go mega tightwad on stuff. I'm not saying go back to editing everyone who has a slight disagreement or posts something slightly controversial like you were doing during the whole LF debacle, but don't allow absolutely nonsensical stuff to stand. If someone's being an a-hole for the sake of being an a-hole or is just acting like an 8-year-old, don't tolerate it. Enforcing rules like that allow for better quality posts (at whatever length they are) and minimalizes the immaturity...well, the accepted definition thereof. Don't go insane with the power of post editing, just make sure intellegent things are said instead of quoting MadTV. *shudder* Ugh, I still get the jibblies on that one. Jibblie jibblie.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#25 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:57 pm

Is that 11th on your list as well, Kurdt?  ;)