Repetitive dreams

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Skyshark
Knight Status

Repetitive dreams

#1 Post by Skyshark » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:38 pm

Ok, I woke up this morning at 6 and nodded back off to sleep for a bit. I then had a short dream about a 1-2 foot diameter dark yellow spider hanging from the window of my dad's study and that my family and I eventually killed it and proceeded to cook it on a barbecue. The cooked meat looked a slightly darker version of cooked steak and tasted like it too. I then was woken up by my dad.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain I've had this dream before or a slight variation on it (I remember the giant yellow spider and the steak-looking cooked spider meat).

Anyone have dreams that they're sure they've dreamt before, weird or otherwise?

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#2 Post by Vildern » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:05 pm

When I was much younger (5-10) I used to have repetitive dreams.

Usually, the dream I continually had - developed. It's the most fascinating thing. Most times, the dream had progressed to a certain point, a climax, and then I would never dream it again.

The clearest example is a dream, in which I used to be entrapped in a huge tree. Each time I dreamt it, it would progress, until one time I managed to escape. After I had escaped, I didn't dream it again. Weird. :p

I don't have repetitive dreams any longer. And I'm glad. Most of those were nightmares.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Alias » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:03 pm

I've been having a same dream every month or two since I was 14 or so, I see this green and black green, and it slowly beats up and down like a heart meter, and then it just gets faster and faster, then when I 'see' the lines jumping up and down in my dreams, I just wake up and go back to sleep, Doesnt happen very often but it does happen casually. Freaky.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:18 pm

I keep having this horrible nightmare! Everything is black when all the sudden agreen 0 comes in...followed by a 1 then 0 again and then in no pattern just all of the sudden 001010111010101001011100010 (repeating of course) AND I SWEAR TO GOD I THINK I SAW A 2!

Parhelion
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Parhelion » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:21 pm

Occasionally, but going back as far as I can remember, I've had a nightmare that either I or one of my close relatives have died.  The dream usually includes attending the funeral, and thinking about how life won't be the same without that person, usually my mother or father or, lately, one my grandparents.

In the dreams where I have died, somehow I know that my death was my own fault.  Not suicide, but nothing specific I can pinpoint.  In those cases, the dream is about my close relatives and the pain they are going through.

In both dreams I have a strong feeling of helplessness, and in the dreams where I have died, I feel especially trapped.  It's usually a pretty traumatic dream.

I'm sure my bad dreams for the next few weeks will involve people eating giant spiders though, thank you very much Skyshark!   :x

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#6 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:27 pm

I actually have the same kinda dreams P. It's always either both parents were killed in a plane crash or my girlfriend was murdered. In either case I always wake up crying.

Jenkins Loo
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Jenkins Loo » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:32 pm

Most of the time, in my dreams, I'm alaways at a different place. Sometime, I feel that the places I'm dreaming about, I could find it in reality. I've got so many dreams about being in another that I can't remember all of these, same about people I meet but I'm never sure if I met them or not. Also, there are many dreams where I've got a different home, I'm alaways living in a new place, but it seems my mind stopped dreams about these.

Seems I've always got a dream these days.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Alias » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:59 pm

Stop teasing QFGF, just because your a freak and only dream of different things!  :p

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#9 Post by Spikey » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:38 am

Not really repetitive dreams anymore, fortunately, but I do dream about corpses a lot.

:|

Spikes