Sierra Horror

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Logic Probe
Peasant Status

Sierra Horror

#1 Post by Logic Probe » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:42 am

I recently visited the Sierra Official website. But I was violently horrified to see that there was no reference of the classic Quest games anywhere in the whole site!! What the hell happened??? I don't understand.... how can such treasures be so mercilessly forgotten... and that too on the official web site?!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:50 pm

The Sierra of today has abandoned the old franchises (not the rights to the games, unfortunetly, but in every other way possible). Sad but true. I don't care anyway, it's not even the same Sierra anymore. And being dead doesn't help it either. It's all those arcade players that have turned computer games of today into PC arcade games....some are fun.....but the adventure genre is on practically non-existant ice because of it.

There, there's my computer game rant fix for today.

Parhelion
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Parhelion » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:07 pm

It's sort of like how you see games with the Atari brand again.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

haha

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:52 pm

ya I laughed outloud when I saw it the first time and saw people wearing the shirts and not knowing what Atari is. I also laughed when I saw Half Life with the Sierra logo on it.

Corsair
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Corsair » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:05 am

You can still access the old vintage forums, at least.

techie775
Knight Status

#6 Post by techie775 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:39 pm

Ugh, Yeah I stopped going to the sierra website after the made qfg5 (and I'm lucky they even bothered with that) I used to get the Interaction magazine (Sierra's magazine) and I barely looked at them because almost none of the magazine had anything about adventure games. It was sad.