Vivendi Compilations Question

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Barf Surprise!
Peasant Status

Vivendi Compilations Question

#1 Post by Barf Surprise! » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:28 am

:\ Hello Everyone! :\

I was just wondering with the new compilations having come out, if anyone here has gotten them. And if so, what do you think of them?

There don't seem to be any reviews or cover art online anywhere. So, if someone does own them and doesn't mind making a couple of scans, I am curious what the games look like. Also, do the compilations have any extras, or did they package the Laura Bow games with the King's Quest's series, like the previous Sierra releases did? Thanks if anyone can answer my questions!

:x -Barf Surprise!
:x

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:35 am

I believe Fender has ordered the games, but he's not receiving them for about another week or so... He's promised to provide us with more info once they arrive.

Fender178
Knight Status

#3 Post by Fender178 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:54 am

I really will find out if this is legit on friday since I am going to my local walmart and since they are going to be releasing the collections there excpt LSL. Dont ask me why they are not selling that collection. Or I will find out on Monday Either by email from amazon saying that they shipped my item or They will leave me with an instant update on their site.

spacedcase
Peasant Status

#4 Post by spacedcase » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:26 pm

Wal-Mart is likely not selling LSL because they censor their products. They also didn't sell "America: The Book", because it had naked pictures of Supreme Court Justices.

I checked a few websites after hearing about the collection on here, and no computer-centric chains (Best Buy, CompUSA, Circuit City, etc.) listed it as a product. I don't know if this just means it isn't available online, but if these places aren't going to be carrying it, I doubt KQ, LSL, and SQ will be getting the recognition they deserve anytime soon.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Oh!

#5 Post by FatherGhostface » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:44 pm

Is that the new KQ Collection that will  now work on Windows XP? YAY! I'm going to get it!!!! I won't rest until I actuallty BEAT KQ5.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#6 Post by Vildern » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Wal-Mart is likely not selling LSL because they censor their products
'

What? That's a bummer  :\  LSL (first 6) is harmless! Did they bother to play it? Errr.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:18 pm

When I was in the US a few months back I saw GTA: San Andreas in Walmart. I'm not sure if it's been pulled off their shelves by now or not, but anyone would think that its 'Hot Coffee' scenes make the content in the first 6 LSL games look extremely tame!  

Also, Walmart have a nice selection of rifles and ammunition for sale. Go figure!

Still, I suppose the situation is still better than here in Australia, where both Larry8 and San Andreas have been banned and you can't buy them at all.  :x

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#8 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:37 pm

Wal-Mart confuses me when it comes to censoring things. They sell censored versions of music CD's but sell things like Diablo 2 and Halflife 2. I'm not exactly sure what their logic is when they censor things.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#9 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:50 pm

GTA: San Andreas has been pulled from all Wal-Mart stores and/or has re-labelled them to 18+. A new revised "Mature" San Andreas is being printed with the "Hot Coffee" content removed.

The Guy
Knight Status

#10 Post by The Guy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:11 pm

San Andreas should have been 18+ to begin with, and the "Hot Coffee" content was supposedly some coding in the game that someone accessed ramdomly (that part I could be wrong about, but it is what I read).  I have the original release of the game, since I bought it the day it came out.  All the sexual "scenes" (if you can even call them that) are just a black screen and some voices in the backround. What I don't understand is all the hype about it after the game has been out so long already and you have to put in this code to see the "Hot Coffee" content.  It should have been worked out before the game was released. And as for Walmart and their censoring deal?  I completely agree with AGD2:
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Also, Walmart have a nice selection of rifles and ammunition for sale. Go figure!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:21 pm

The guys at Rockstar were just experimenting with what they could get away with in GTA, at the end of the day its only dry humping but they cut it and disabled it meaning there was no way to normally activate the sequences.

The only way to see "Hot Coffee" is to re-enable by downloading a mod for PC or using a Action Replay/Gameshark code to unlock it on PS2/Xbox versions.

The Guy
Knight Status

#12 Post by The Guy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:43 pm

Ok, but still, the game was released on PS2 on Oct 26, 2004 and the PC version was released on Jun 7, 2005.  They found out about it, what a month & a half ago, two months at most?  So what's the big deal?  The game is made for mature gamers, not little kids or young teens.  The main problem is the stores that are supplying these type games, very rarely enforce the age requirement.  I have only been IDed in the Target store that is located nearby where I live.  Only games they IDed me for was Resident Evil 4 & Resident Evil 0, whereas I bought San Andreas at Best Buy and they didn't ID me at all.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#13 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:59 pm

The Guy wrote:Ok, but still, the game was released on PS2 on Oct 26, 2004 and the PC version was released on Jun 7, 2005.  They found out about it, what a month & a half ago, two months at most?  So what's the big deal?  The game is made for mature gamers, not little kids or young teens.  The main problem is the stores that are supplying these type games, very rarely enforce the age requirement.  I have only been IDed in the Target store that is located nearby where I live.  Only games they IDed me for was Resident Evil 4 & Resident Evil 0, whereas I bought San Andreas at Best Buy and they didn't ID me at all.
Exactly

Gin-Gin
Peasant Status

Release date changed

#14 Post by Gin-Gin » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:34 pm

When I looked on Amazon late last night, they'd changed the release date to January 30, 2006!  I am so mad!  I pre-ordered King's Quest and Space Quest, and it still says the estimated delivery dates for them was going to be Oct. 22-26.  As of last night, Wal-Mart hadn't changed their release dates online, so maybe it's just a mistake?  Anyway, if Vivendi really did push the date back to the end of January, they should have let people know BEFORE the original release date, not a week and a half after!  And if they just put it at Jan 30th, it makes me think it's just some date them pulled out of their butts, so it may not even be ready then.  It makes me mad because I was so looking forward to it! :cry

If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know!  Maybe it was just a mistake?  But they've erased all the comments people had left about the products.

Fender178
Knight Status

#15 Post by Fender178 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:27 am

I got a reply from amazon and they said that there will be a delay.
I emailed Vivendi about it and I am wating for a reply I will let you know what they say.

Relight
Archival Expert

#16 Post by Relight » Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:56 pm

Go Fender! Looking forward to hear if VU has anything to say. As for the delay, that sucks. Very strange. Kinda makes you wonder if they'll even be released at all. I outright cancelled my order - I would've just made quantity changes, but couldn't figure out how on Amazon.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#17 Post by bartonjo2 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:42 pm

hey uhh FatherGhostFace, KQ 5 already works on windows xp, you just have to run the right file, in 256 color 640x480 mode  at least I believe that is the case

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#18 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:46 pm

Yeah, dude, shooting people is totally okay for people under 17, but lord knows when they wanna knock some (dry-humpin') boots, IT'S ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bt

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#19 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:51 pm

WB Bt, where ya been hiding?  ;)