SCI Studio...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Groveborn1234
Peasant Status

SCI Studio...

#1 Post by Groveborn1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:09 am

Here's a fun thought, SCI Studio 4 (or VGA I think) may be able to take just about any SCI0, 01, or 1 resource, which can then be edited and recompiled as it were to make a completely happy VGA windows compatible game.

I think.  :) Here's hoping.

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: SCI Studio...

#2 Post by Broomie » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Groveborn1234 wrote:Here's a fun thought, SCI Studio 4 (or VGA I think) may be able to take just about any SCI0, 01, or 1 resource, which can then be edited and recompiled as it were to make a completely happy VGA windows compatible game.

I think.  :) Here's hoping.
Here's hoping Brian Pro...whatever actually returns after his nearly 2 year absense and works on SCI Studio VGA. My version sucks.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Pidgeot » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:07 am

That'd be Provinciano. ;)

I think he's lost interest in continuing with that project, considering he's still doing other things (as per http://bripro.com).

The trouble is, the people at the SCI forum don't know anything either - appearantly, he doesn't answer mails about it.

A long time ago, Brian said that he felt discouraged by the fact that no one seems to be making any SCI EGA games, despite the many similarities there are in coding (most of a SCI0 script can be used directly as a SCI1 script - all you need is adapt it to use a point-and-click interface instead of written commands) - so I can't say I'd be too surprised if he's scrapped the project.

Nevertheless, 20 months without updates are a long time - it'd be very nice to know what's going to happen.