Mazda 96 percidia spearker wiring

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

Mazda 96 percidia spearker wiring

#1 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:22 am

I need to know which wire is positive and which is - fir the rear speakers.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:51 am

Dude... that could be the most random, off the wall, most least likely to be answered question anyone has ever posted here...

You're more likely to find an answer at an automotive forum.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:03 am

Test them with your tongue.  If one shocks you, it's positive.

Bt

Broomie
The Enigma

#4 Post by Broomie » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:28 pm

I'm in charge of the audio department at my work so I would probably know the answer to this question. However, not to be rude but what my past experience with your posts you do explain things strangely when there is more simple way of doing it. Yet, here's a shot.

Well, first the instructions must have at least given you a clue. I'm presuming you have two seperate wires, hopefully one being black or clear whilst the other having a line going down it. The one with the line will be negative whilst the other will be positive. It's down to colours, yet you could actually try them in different inputs.

And yes, I've seen many technical help on the off topic forum yet mostly for games and compability, yet this one is very new.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#5 Post by Skyshark » Thu May 04, 2006 3:55 am

A digital multimeter can also help determine the correct polarity. To do this, find a dummy load (i.e. a resistor of similar resistance rating to the speakers you are planning to use (generally 4 or 8 ohm), if you don't want to risk damaging your speakers). Connect both wires to the load (use a decent connection, such as crimped terminals, if you can). Turn the power on to the dummy load (i.e. switch the ignition on to the accessories position to allow a voltage to flow through the wires + dummy load). Then, turn on the multimeter, switch to a voltage reading (on the 20V scale), then hook up the multimeter in a parallel connection to the resistor (with + and - being the red and black leads, respectively, and the leads are touching the ends of the resistor). Do not attempt to join the multimeter to the circuit in such a way that it becomes a direct path to the resistor from either wire, otherwise you will blow the multimeter.

If the reading is +, the wire that the red lead is touching is the positive wire for the speaker. If the reading is -, the the wire that the black lead is touching is the positive wire. Label or memorise which lead is the positive wire and Bob's your aunty!

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

http://www.doctronics.co.uk/meter.htm to see what I mean by series and parallel connections.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Connections

#6 Post by Brainiac » Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 pm

Skyshark wrote:http://www.doctronics.co.uk/meter.htm to see what I mean by series and parallel connections.
Ah, series and parallel; I'm suddenly having flashbacks to high school and college physics...

Skyshark
Knight Status

#7 Post by Skyshark » Fri May 05, 2006 2:48 pm

Yeah, I was fairly good with electronics back in high school. Theory was excellent, but my practical side was lousy (soldering things to PCBs and so forth).

Things like Thevenin equivalents used to give me a headache, though.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#8 Post by Da_elf » Fri May 05, 2006 3:07 pm

one of my degrees is in mechanical and electrical engineering. i always prefered the mechanical side of the course though.