A quick Larry 5 question

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

A quick Larry 5 question

#1 Post by Amayirot Akago » Tue May 30, 2006 9:23 am

Sitting here at internship, bored to tears, I've come to wonder: what happens if you forget to take the armed brassiere from the lab at the start of the game and then make it all the way to the end?
Last edited by Amayirot Akago on Tue May 30, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Pidgeot » Tue May 30, 2006 1:47 pm

I know you can fast forward at that point, but I'm not sure if you can do anything else. At least, I can't see what that would be.

Markol
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Markol » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:58 pm

I only made it part way through Larry 5, but I'm planning to come back to it now that my interest in adventure games has been rekindled.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:34 pm

IIRC, Larry 5 had no dead ends.  which made it kinda suck, to be perfectly honest.

maestro
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by maestro » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:36 pm

I don't know what would happen in that case, but I know that, in the last part, if you have the bullet bra but don't use it when you're supposed to, the game will take over and use it for you.  Since using the bullet bra was the only action the player could take in the last part, you could actually watch the last part as a movie and do absolutely nothing, and the game would finish anyway.

If you don't have on the bullet bra, and you make it to the last part, then I don't know what would happen, but probably something equally stupid, and the game would probably end the same as before.  The game was supposed to have the feel of a movie, according to Al Lowe, so the last part you could just sit back and watch.

Alistair
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Alistair » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:59 pm

Come on guys, it's the 'hooter shooter'. :)

Anyways. I don't see how no dead ends is a bad thing. No dying, maybe, but no dead ends? Sounds good to me.

And, I thought you had to take it! How bizarre, I never knew that. I wonder what the heck does happen.

As meastro said, the ending is probably the same. Regardless, I wanna see! Must check this out soon.

- Alistair

techie775
Knight Status

#7 Post by techie775 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:32 pm

done this before. Wasted the time just to see what would happen. Even if you don't take the bra gun, patti automatically has it in her inventory when she has to shoot the guy. Gay I though I would find a death in lsl5.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#8 Post by Kurdt » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:37 pm

Glorious. It just magically appears there in a bolt of light...that's kind of lame. Oh well. At least it was still a bra with a pair of guns strapped in. That is, a pair of guns PERMANENTLY strapped in. :D