The QFG2 teaser looks amazing!

This forum is a place to talk about AGDI games and projects.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

haradan
Knight Status

The QFG2 teaser looks amazing!

#1 Post by haradan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:36 am

Everybody check it out ASAP. I think it's gonna be the greatest remake so far! Very nice work, can't wait to play it! :D

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#2 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 am

I can only say this. WOW. :eek That was amazing! And there was the King of the mountain screenshot I have always be asking for. Excuse me! I have to clean my computer screen now because it is all wet now of my tears because this is a big crying moment for me now after waiting in so long time after this game. :cry

Beleave me AGDI fans. This was the best update news they have released and I have seen here so far. Every questions I have asked has been finally answered and I admit now it was really worth it to come back here. And I am not going back to leave you again. I promise you that. You are once and for all stuck with me as the cheerful funny joke guy from Iceland again hehe. Cheers for you all! Of course I will not irratate anyone here with stupid jokes links again. That is just in past now. ;)

PS: I will accept this valuable teaser as my late 2005 birthday gift from you guys. And beleave on me again AGDI fans , this is the birthdaygift to every AGDI fans too. What else could we ask for in our birthday here?
At least I am hoping to see this game before I will turn 30 age old. But of course I can wait longer and if this will be my birthday present when I will turn 30 I will start to flood more tears than I can handle with..hehehe. :lol
This game is worth to wait and the best deal to deal with and joy with.

Hey to all of you sleepyheads wake up! Open your late birthday presents gifts right now from AGDI team. They have even realesed the new logo sign. :)

And if you are having birthday soon just wait for the full release of the game. Then you will have you best birthday present in this year.
It is worth it ..beleave me it is worth it. :D

Ok I am calm now. :D

It had be funnier if they had release that teaser in last week.
But it was then the big devil's day as you all know 06.06.06.
But then again maybe that was not a good idea. :evil :p

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#3 Post by Swift » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:04 am

Is there a larger version around? It's nice but it felt too small.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#4 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:17 am

I agree.

They should also have the video in middle of the page and change the videosize into height=320, width=480. It will look much better then. Trust me. I have tryed out that video on the newspage I am admin on and it  came out much better out after that. I hope it was ok I borrowed that video to upload it on the newspage I am admin and newsgames reporter on.

So yes I am happy to share that news that the Quest for glory teaser has landed on Icelandic website now. :)

Skyshark
Knight Status

#5 Post by Skyshark » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:28 pm

From what I saw of the trailer, it looks almost 100% like a Sierra VGA original! Definitely looking forward to the finished product now! :D

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#6 Post by Peter Swinkels » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:32 pm

This is great news. The trailer looks good, but isn't it possible to zoom in on the flash animation? It looks awfully small on my computer screen with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#7 Post by Fribbi » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:50 pm

I like to ask you AGDI this question if you don't mind.

As you all now it is very hard now to get the others Quest for glories games now. So will this game be really worth it for you when you will finally realease this game?

I know the only possible way to get the legal copy of this game is in Ebay but there is not many copies there  but you can still get the game in unlegally site. Please forgive me fans but I am not going to tell you where it is. I don't want it to be closed. I will hate Vivendi more  for doing that again. But  as you know many fans here don't use ebay and those game are so rare and is very hard to get now today. How are you going to deal with that?

I mean there are so many young people in Europe who has never heard of this game before. But we the older people know about this game so well. But still...there is not many people in this world who own the old series of those games. So once again is this real worth it?

I know for sure it is worth it. But as I said it will be very hard to deal with the others Quest for Glory games because it is so hard to get it now.
So yes that sounds sad isn't?  :(

But I hope in someday a real Sierra adventure gamer will buy the copyrigth of those games so it can be put on sale again and I sure hope it will be you in the future.  ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:58 pm

Sure it looks amazing, but trust me... wait till you've played it!!!

*Faints just from thinking about it*

Da_elf
Knight Status

#9 Post by Da_elf » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:20 pm

nice looking trailer

Weaver1497
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Weaver1497 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:43 pm

I havent posted here in like a year, but still drop in from time to time, and all I have to say is that after watching that trailer I havent felt that excited since I used to get sierra's interaction magazine and see screenshots for the upcoming VGA games. This game looks AMAZING! Definately on par with what sierra was putting out in 91-93. I anxiously await this games release...

Broomie
The Enigma

#11 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:02 pm

See, patience. Use it and this is what you get, utter perfection.

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#12 Post by jpnuar1 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:14 pm

Sorry if this post should be in the technical and bugs forum, but...

I can't watch the teaser. The music plays fine (and sounds awesome), but the video part of it seemed stuck at "click to play". Any suggestions as to what, if anything, I can do to watch it?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#13 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:44 pm

The movie is a flash video file. You'll need to have flash installed to watch it.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download ... omoid=BIOW

jpnuar1
Knight Status

#14 Post by jpnuar1 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:12 am

I'm pretty sure the library's computers already have flash. If they didn't, I wouldn't still be able to hear the sound, would I? Plus, other videos, including flash ones, seem to work ok...

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#15 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:50 am

I'm not sure... not really my area of expertise. This was saved in flv format, when most flash movies I see are saved in swf format. The movie loaded fine for me though.

I googled "flv player" and came back with a lot of players. You might try one of those if you can't get it working...

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#16 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:56 am

Fribbi: Although, the other QFG games in the series are getting harder to find these days, we're not really worried about people not having them. Most hardcore Sierra fans will own the other QFG games already, and for those who don't (or who are experiencing the QFG series for the first time with the QFG2 remake), the good thing is that you don't really need to play the other games in the series. The good thing about QFG games is that each game is pretty much self-contained and can be played without knowledege of the other games.

As for the size of the movie, yeah, it's small... but that's why it's called a 'teaser' :p  It's not intended to give away lots of details -- but rather to show that we have an up-and-running game which is fully playable (with just a few hundred bugs). The other reason I couldn't make it bigger is for bandwidth reasons. The file's almost 2MB, and if I made it any larger, it'd seriously start eating into our bandwidth costs.

And in regards to the video not playing, the sound is MP3, so that would likely play regardless of whether you have flash installed. However, the video stream is in FLV format, and you'll definately need Flash installed to see that.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#17 Post by Swift » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:54 am

How about using YouTube for your trailer? Then you can have a larger version without worrying about bandwidth, I think.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#18 Post by Music Head » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:23 am

I'd gladly host a larger verison as long as it is less then 20mb. Bandwidth is no issue.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#19 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:07 am

Music Head wrote:I'd gladly host a larger verison as long as it is less then 20mb. Bandwidth is no issue.
I wouldnt mind mirroring a 20mb version either.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#20 Post by Music Head » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:52 am

For anyone who has a high resolution setting like me and wants to see a larger version I made this page. Please note the quality is exactly the same the one in the developers journal it's just been stretched to be 4 times larger. It will load as fast as the smaller version because the file is from the exact same location.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/sandersd/qfg2tl.html

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#21 Post by Fribbi » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:56 am

Fribbi: Although, the other QFG games in the series are getting harder to find these days, we're not really worried about people not having them. Most hardcore Sierra fans will own the other QFG games already, and for those who don't (or who are experiencing the QFG series for the first time with the QFG2 remake), the good thing is that you don't really need to play the other games in the series. The good thing about QFG games is that each game is pretty much self-contained and can be played without knowledege of the other games.

Thanks for the reply AGD2 and yeah I already knowed that but still there is not many people who own this game now because maybe it is broken or it has being sold on Ebay but well I still have my own copies since I am one of those hardcore Sierra fan ;) .

So the hero name is "Devon"  Where did you get that idea? :rollin Who is this Devon?

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#22 Post by Music Head » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:36 am

Fribbi wrote:So the hero name is "Devon"  Where did you get that idea? :rollin Who is this Devon?
My thoughts exactly.

Just relised I didn't give my thoughts on the teaser in my first post. Let me just say it really blew me away. The update was more then worth the wait. The AGD Interactive logo is pretty flashy. The flames though are what really turned my head. The look so cool, do tell how you made them. The Lewandowskis really have out done themselves with the music, I rewatched it several times just to hear it again. The in your face interface looks pretty cool eg. Text windows etc. Battle system looks ace. OMG that spell the wiazard uses is freckan awesome to the max! All the screens in the remake look stunning, although I think the plaza outside the Inn looks a bit plain.

All in all 11 stars  ;)

Though there is one tihng in the teaser I absolutly dispise...
[spoiler]the censor [/spoiler]:p

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#23 Post by Swift » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:30 pm

Devon Aidendale was what the Coles originally wanted to name the Hero. Later, that name was used in the official walkthrough.

Alliance
Knight Status

#24 Post by Alliance » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:00 pm

Ah...finally.
I've had so many QFG2VGA dreams it's sad...
those graphics look amazing! It's going to be great to play that.

paulmsammon
Peasant Status

#25 Post by paulmsammon » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:03 am

Looks good, my only complaint is the censorship. They could do a Daggerfall type thing with the parent mode/kid mode.

But I know they won't.

Actually, it looks very good, and very fun. I hope it's worth the wait, and I also hope that it meets the high standareds they set with the remakes of KQ1 and 2.