King's Quest III 2.0 + Voice Pack OUT NOW!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Broomie
The Enigma

King's Quest III 2.0 + Voice Pack OUT NOW!

#1 Post by Broomie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:00 am

That's right, the long damn wait is over. I smile with joy as I type these words in, thinking if this day was ever to come. The production is over, the testers are done and everything is ready to go. King's Quest III has finally been released. Remember this date, the 19th of June. The day KQ3 was released!

It's been twenty years since the evil wizard Manannan first appeared on our computer screens, but now, thanks to the hard work and dedication of the team at Infamous Adventures, he's back!

Kings Quest 3 : To Heir is Human was first released by Sierra On-Line back in 1986. As the second sequel to the hugely popular and successful Kings Quest series, it fast became a fan favourite. Roberta Williams, author of the Kings Quest series, broke new ground in computer games, introducing players to the magic map concept (making travel quicker between screens), timed puzzles and an in-depth spell casting system. All these things are standard fare in today's games, but were original concepts in 1986.

Unfortunately, due to the advances made in computer technology over the last twenty years, such classic games no longer run on the modern computer. It was with this in mind that Infamous Adventures decided to remake this game, bringing it up to the quality of Kings Quest 5 & 6. Klytos, Executive Producer of IA's Kings Quest 3 had this to say. “We just love this game and felt that even twenty years later the story was relevant and, more importantly, still fun. We wanted to introduce a new generation of gamers to this classic and show older players who remember the original something new and special. We think we've done this, but it's up to the fans to tell us what they think.”

Boasting all new full VGA backgrounds, enhanced hand-drawn close up cut-scenes, dialog portraits for all the characters, original music by our professional composer, full speech pack (including narrator) and a new point-and-click interface, make Infamous Adventures' remake of Kings Quest III one of the best remakes on the fan-game market. And the best part is, it's free!

Re-experience this timeless adventure now at www.infamous-adventures.com.

We would love to give a huge thanks to everyone involved in this project, too many to name but you know who you are. Yet that's not it, it's you the fans who kept us going. We would love to give you the biggest of thanks out of anyone, I mean if we just had tumbleweed as support I don't think we'd have got very far. Anyway, I know you want to play the game. Well, go right ahead.

[center]DOWNLOAD KING'S QUEST III NOW![/center]

The voice pack will be released next week, we didn't want you guys to wait any longer. Don't worry, you won't have to redownload the game just for the voice pack. Just simply add the file to the program and boom, you're off!

Again, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who contributed, whether it be the team or the fans, this game is for you. Enjoy.
Last edited by Broomie on Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alliance
Knight Status

#2 Post by Alliance » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:28 am

BRILLIANT!  :eek

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

web page problems

#3 Post by Mordavia » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:12 am

hiya

does anyone else have problems downloading the new KQ3??? im trying to download it but it goes to a page that says it is down. does anyone know how long its down for???

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by FatherGhostface » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:27 am

I'm sure they're just doing last minute checks on it! Not to worry!  ;)

Broomie
The Enigma

#5 Post by Broomie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:55 am

There was a problem with the launcher, it's fixed now and it's being uploaded at the moment. It should be ready in about 10-15 minutes.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:10 am

evil!!!!! has waited forever for this n cant download :evil

Broomie
The Enigma

#7 Post by Broomie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:21 am

It's up now. Download it now!

Alistair
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Alistair » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:02 am

Excellent work guys. KQ3 was always my elast favourite KQ, simply because the AGI interface doesn't suit it at all well.

Hopefully you've enhanced it without making it a new game in palces (i.e. KQ2VGA), and I look forward to getting a millisecond to play it.

- Alistair

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#9 Post by Vildern » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:14 am

Fantastic, guys! Downloading it now! Cannot wait to play it.

I love you guys  :p

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#10 Post by Fribbi » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:09 pm

Downloaded.  :)

There is one thing wich is really funny about that releasing day but in Iceland now is a feminist day. (Kvenréttindagur) It is a day wich women celebrate year after year after year and dress everything and paint the town in pink oh you understand what I mean but the purpose for this day is to remind us, women and men are even and the payment should also be even.  I don't know if this celebration is holded too in other land in Europe or USA.  :rolleyes  :p

Anyway this is a great game guys. What a weeks I am having here now. In last week a Quest for Glory 2 teaser was released and Eidur Smari Gudjohnsen joins the Spanish footballteam Barcelona and few days later Iceland kicked Sweden gryla out of World cup in handball in my independence day 17 juni in Iceland and few days later after that the game who every King Quest fan lovers has being waiting for King Quest 3 VGA is finally on-line. I am impressed. :D  

I love the month Juni! What a big month we are having here.
Will we exspect some more like this one in next week? :lol

Alistair
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Alistair » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:41 pm

Lol! Contrast that to me, I've had a rough week and apart from QFG2VGA/KQ3VGA, Australia got beaten by Brazil today, and my PC is infected by a virus.

And, no, we don't have anything like the feminist day here in the land of Oz. Neither does the USA- probably because we're both right-wing countries who treat women like 2nd class citizens.

- Alistair

Fender178
Knight Status

#12 Post by Fender178 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Nice. Im not going to play it right a way. Im going to wait for the voice pack. I waited this long for the game. I can wait a tad longer for the voice pack.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#13 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:49 pm

Jamie wrote:There was a problem with the launcher, it's fixed now and it's being uploaded at the moment. It should be ready in about 10-15 minutes.
Uhh beta testing lol!!

Can't wait to finally play this!! Thanks guys!

EDIT: Hey! Why can't I choose my own installation folder??

Broomie
The Enigma

#14 Post by Broomie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 pm

It has to be installed in Program Files for the launcher to work. It's the only way I could get it to open up the setup program via the launcher. If you installed it in another folder you could only open the game and the manual (and the website aswell)

JLM5
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by JLM5 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Looks very great! Animation, backgrounds and music... at least as good as in AGDI's remakes! :)

But... :rolleyes

I think I found some bugs quite quickly. Because the server seems to be down in Infamous Adventures's site, I post them here:

- When I try to use inventory items on almost anything on the screen (like the knife on the spider web etc.) I don't get any response! I just think there should be at least such a comments as "I doesn't work"... now there is nothing.

- When I walk south from the northest shore screen (that's the screen in east from the spider cave), I get stuck on the ground (or in the sea), when the room changes. That means, I have to restore the game. That happens only, if I'm about middle of the beach between sea and the bank, when walking out from the screen. (Apparantly the problem is about walkable areas in AGS engine.)

- This last one is not necessarily a bug, but I just think the shore screens are very pixelated when compared with the other backgrounds. Would it be a big job to apply some kind of blur filter on them?

Anyway, a great game! Hopefully I will get my own game project also finished sometimes.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#16 Post by Spikey » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:02 pm

I can't believe it. I can't wait until it's downloaded. I can't wait!
OMG.

Spikey

daventry
Knight Status

#17 Post by daventry » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:02 pm

Woo hoo, im almost done downloading. :D

I hope a Patch gets released soon for all these Bugs. :(

hakujinmusume
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by hakujinmusume » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:57 pm

Awesome! I'm so looking forward to this. God I wish I had time to play it RIGHT NOW!

Broomie
The Enigma

#19 Post by Broomie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:29 am

These bugs are strange, seeing as none of our beta testers ran into them. We're fixing the found bugs as we speak and a patch will be made available very soon.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#20 Post by Da_elf » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:21 pm

i hit a strange bug where when i lay down in the bed and then got back up with the cat next to the bed i got stuck in the corner and couldn't move

wussie
Peasant Status

#21 Post by wussie » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:49 pm

oops, I reposted about this in the general forums, sorry folks, and thanks for the lock and the link Navynuke!

JWar
Knight Status

#22 Post by JWar » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:48 pm

I'm wondering why the AGD's and Erpy aren't saying anything here.

Great work guys!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#23 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:03 pm

JWar wrote:I'm wondering why the AGD's and Erpy aren't saying anything here.

Great work guys!
I think AGD2 posted his congrats in the IA forums.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#24 Post by Erpy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:04 pm

I'm afraid I didn't get around to playing it yet. I might give it a try later this week or in the upcoming weekend and I'll give my regards once I've done so.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Erpy

#25 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:55 am

If it's gonna be a while Erpy, you may as well wait until the patch and voice pack come out in a week or so.  That's what I'm waiting for (though it's not like I haven't seen the various iterations of the game multiple times already...).