I'm engaged!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

I'm engaged!

#1 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:00 am

As of tonight, I'm officially engaged. It was a pretty cool evening. It was her birthday, and I surprised her at dinner in front of her family with an engagement ring and a proposal. Everyone knew I was going to propose except for her. She was quite surprised. :D

I'll type up some more details tomorrow, but for right now, I'm a bit too tired to write it all out. :)

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:49 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! OMG! Congrats, you lucky man you, can I be your best man?  :p

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#3 Post by Swift » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:08 am

Congrats.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:53 am

CONGRATS NAVY!!!!!!! I didnt even know you had someone special ;)

Hope you and the kids will be VERY happy with your new wife/mommy!!

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#5 Post by Vildern » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:29 am

In the word of her majesty Deloria, Congragulations (and don't ask if you can eat a congragulate, that's not funny anymore  :p)!

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:58 am

YAY!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:00 pm

Thanks everyone!

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#8 Post by Fribbi » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:30 pm

Congratulation Navy I salute you. What a wonderful love news we got here. Our wonderful heroes from this forums chat room are so happy to be in the love' nest now  

I really must start to collect some dried woods for my nest and seek out some nice lady so she could play a lovegame with me on it so I can enjoy your love's mastersclub hehehe. But that is just a another story for you wich don't belong here hehehe. :rollin

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:48 pm

Son-of-a-submariner! That IS quite a shocker.  :eek  Nevertheless, I'm very happy for you, Sean. It'll be nice for you to have another adult in the house to be around and help you take care of Lani and Catie. My best wishes to you. :)

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Congratulations

#10 Post by Jontas » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:02 pm

Congrats Navydude, I've been married for three years and I love it. I wish you all the best!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#11 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:20 pm

Thanks again! And thanks for the phone call, Erpy! :D

Okay... as promised, here's some juicy details...

Amber still lives at home and has a full time job as a pediatric nurse and is attending night classes in college on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Her birthday was yesterday (Thursday).

On Monday after I got off work, I went by her house and asked her mom and dad for permission to surprise her with an engagement ring on her birthday. They both consented and I asked her mom if she would go with me to help pick out a ring.

Her mom, grandma, and I went ring shopping on Tuesday, while her sister watched the kids. Amber had made plans to skip school that day to spend the day with me. With some quick thinking and some "fabrication of truths", I convinced her to go to school. She kept calling me thoughout the evening and was quite mad at me for canceling and making her go to class. I had to come up with some "fabricated truths" quickly in order to keep her from getting too mad. It was complicated trying to remember what all I had told her... ;)

On Wednesday I took the ring and had it resized so that it would fit her on Thursday.

Thursday was (like I said) her birthday. I called her first thing in the morning to wish her a happy birthday. She wanted me to come over before work to give her present to her. I refused and told her I was going to make her wait until the very last thing that day. I guess her family normally opens gifts first thing in the morning before work, etc. She was quite put off with me when even they didn't let her open anything up. She had her suspisions that I had been talking to her parents. She didn't like it at all. ;)

After work, we all went out for dinner. Her sister had to work, so we all went to the restaurant that she works at, and she was our waitress. After dinner, her sister brought out a tray which had a cake made of flower petals. From a distance, it looked like a normal cake, so she didn't suspect anything. We all sang happy birthday while her mom and dad recorded video and snapped photos. After we were done singing, her sister set the tray down in front of her. She was confused by the cake made of flowers, and I had to prompt her to dig through the petals. When she found the ring box, I took it from her and got down on my knee. She started shaking quite a bit and got teary eyed. She of course said yes, and the video and pictures continued for a while.

She was quite surprised. I don't think she thought I was brave enough to ask her in front of her entire family. When I explained what all had happened that week, she felt bad for getting mad at me. ;)

At any rate, we're engaged now. There isn't a date yet, but we are going to be spending the weekend together, and I imagine we'll probably decide on something before Monday.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#12 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:55 am

Wow! I've been out of the loop for a while! Congratulations, man! Wish you guys much happiness!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#13 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:58 am

Congratulations man, that's quite an impressive and romantic story.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#14 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:17 am

That modus operandi of preparing a grand surprise behind the scenes and pissing someone off before giving it to them sounds very familiar to me. I may have seen it in operation before... Now when was that again? A few years ago? I'm sure it'll come to me in time... ;)

Seriously, that's a really cool story, Sean. And you seem to have pulled it off very well. Must be quite scary to do in front of everyone.

Relight
Archival Expert

#15 Post by Relight » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:08 pm

LOL wow craziness... but many congrats and best wishes, Navynuke!

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#16 Post by Boogeyman » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:02 am

Just be sure to stay away from ALL witches lest you suffer the same fate as Herbert of Greys and Alicia

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#17 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:11 am

We set a date, and the craziness has begun. I'm going to get married on March 17th. Lots of stuff to do....

Skyshark
Knight Status

#18 Post by Skyshark » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Congrats Navynuke! :D

A lot of people I know (on the internet and in real life) seem to be getting engaged lately. Must be something in the air. :eek

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#19 Post by FatherGhostface » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:40 pm

Tell me about it, my sister Katlin is engaged and is set to tie the knot with her beau on December 29th....but who cares about her! NAVYNUKE is the man of the hour(s) here!  :D

Jontas
Royal Servant Status

Wedding Blues

#20 Post by Jontas » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:03 pm

My brother's getting married next year, on 07/07/07.
How's that for a wedding date?
The funny thing about weddings is that you spend a couple of years preparing for it and then it's over in a couple of hours, so if your wife suddenly bursts into tears on the wedding night, don't take it personally  :lol
It happened to me - lol

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#21 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:16 am

Picture time!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#22 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:48 am

Nice picture :). And wow! Those kids have really grown up since the last pics I've seen!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#23 Post by Erpy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:52 am

Heck, they've grown since the last time I saw them, period. Of course, that's been slightly over a year by now. You can't expect kids of that age now to grow in 12 months. They still look cute. As does your future spouse. :)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#24 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:11 am

*applause* I've never seen any of you before and pardon my French but "Ohh lala!"

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#25 Post by VampD3 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:10 pm

Hey Navy! congrats!!!!!

I aint been around much for ages! been so so busy with everything but Im still here guys!