Operation

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

Operation

#1 Post by VampD3 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:12 am

Well Chris had to go in to hospital yesterday to have surgery. We got there at 11am when they asked us to go down as he was in alot of pain (he had an abses on his back and couldn't sit or anything) We went down to be told he needed it drained so we sat and waited an hour before seeing someone else who told us the same thing and we then had to wait another 2 1/2 hours to see a doctor who told us the same!!!

By then I was really angry! we were told we would see the surgeon but he took 2 hours to get their to talk to us. Bythen it was 5pm! I was so angry at being kept waiting for so long and Chris was in loads of pain! he was nearly crying with how painful it was to sit!

Anyway the surgeon said that he would fit us in tomorrow morning! Well I wasn't having that. I kicked off at him saying "Well how do you recommend he sleeps tonight? You are doing it tonight" as I'd been waiting all day!

He made some phone calls and got us in straight away after I had got angry with him. I said "Well how come you couldn't fit us in before?"

Im definatly going to complain. Anyway he had it done and got it removed so he is in alot less pain! But he does have to stay off work for 4 weeks. So we have to look into claiming sick pay.

He's well and back home now though! :D

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:38 am

Glad to hear the surgery went well.  It's never fun.  Let's hope for a fun recovery.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:18 am

Hope you get to feeling better, Chris!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:50 am

Ouch! Yeah, abcesses are really nasty buggers. (can cause nasty blood poisoning as well, as AGD1 can attest)

Good luck on your recovery, Chris.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#5 Post by Vildern » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Ah! I'm glad to hear it went well. I can relate to your anger :/... I've gone through this (being kept waiting, that is...).

May your recovery be quick and complete!

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#6 Post by Kurdt » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:09 pm

Hooray for beaurocracy! :x

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#7 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 pm

Yep, I'm in a lot less pain now so just gotta get on with it while it heals.

Thanks for the kind wishes.  :D

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by BrianR » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:59 am

Hope everything goes well.

The UK has universal health care right?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:03 am

Sorry I'm late posting here. Sorry about the wait in the hospital, dude. That can be brutal. I've had to go in with Amanda more than once. Good to hear you're doing better! :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#10 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:48 am

Yea we have a National Health Service (NHS) so besides the 6 hour wait everything was great and FREE!

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#11 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:11 pm

Similar thing in Canada, too. Anything medical-wise is free. (except for prescription pills and junk like that).

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by BrianR » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:55 pm

I guess I would wait in line 6 hours for free health care.  Sorry didn't mean to change topic.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Health care

#13 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:26 am

Do you non-Yanks have to keep rubbing in the free health care thing? :p

Seriously, glad to hear you're okay, Ang.  Maybe you should order The Fool and His Money so you and Vamp can enjoy it together while you're convalescing; it chould be shipping out to all on Monday (presuming it's not delayed again, which I seriously doubt at this point).

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#14 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:36 am

Wow, SOMEBODY made an erroneous new topic. :p

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#15 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:42 am

Yeah, free healthcare rules and all, but your taxes are also through the roof and you've got stuff like that 6-hour wait happening. To top it off, doctors get paid less because of it so all the good ones go elsewhere. Still, though, for poor young people who need medicine it's a godsend. There are a lot of people with serious health issues later in life over here because they don't want to/can't spend the money to get better when the problem first occurs. I guess you have to pick your poison.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#16 Post by Vildern » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:52 am

This might the beginning of a beautiful tradition - instead of replying in the same threads, people will start replying in new threads of their own :b This will make Erpy's job somewhat more interesting, seeing that in its current state it has become a sort of a routine...  :p

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#17 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:00 am

We could even get back to the olden days where Vildern and The Knight had to be limited to 60 posts a month.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:51 am

Well he probably didn't want to hijack the other thread.

As for health care in the usa its great if you have insurance...really the best in the world....but if your on the poor side....well it sucks!  The really poor have government assistance.  
It's people like me that get the shaft.  You know the people that don't have jobs that provide insurance, but make to much for government programs.

However, in the long run when my employer will give me health insurance then I will be happy the way it is.  As long as most people are coverd the system will probably not change much.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#19 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:33 am

Kurdt, it was actually 50 or 60 poss a DAY! lol!

I was also restricted back then too lol!

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#20 Post by VampD3 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:47 am

Yeah thats true! The taxes are a lot to pay! but I guess I would rather have it free anytime so that we don't have to worry about paying out!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Re: Health care

#21 Post by Klytos » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:52 am

Brainiac wrote:Do you non-Yanks have to keep rubbing in the free health care thing? :p
Yes. We do have to rub it in. Why you ask? I'll tell you! It's because all us non-Yanks ever hear from American's is how wonderful everything is over there and how you are the greatest country on earth. Blah blah blah.

Yet something like a quick look at your health system shows that you have one of the shittiest health systems in the western world.

Therefore you don't rule as much as you think and you should shut the **** up.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#22 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:59 pm

No.  I disagree.  It's a great health system, some of the best doctors and facilities and care....if you can afford it.  Only 15-17% have no insurance.  Some of these people are covered by government assistance.  Yes it sucks if you are caught in the middle but many states are taking on this problem.  One state is trying to insure everyone.  I think bureaucracy would be bad for the other 80+% of Americans.  Most would agree government is less effeciant than the private sector.

I'm self employed,  I pay for a minimal coverage out of pocket.  If anyone is gunna call the system shitie...it would be me.  But its not.  You can say its unfair or needs better funding, but to call the entire health system shitie is ridiculous.

"Therefore you don't rule as much as you think and you should shut the **** up."
I do not know you very well, I am not sure if you are this rude.
I would say there are bigger problems in America than this.  We do not "rule".  I don't think we are the greatest at all.  I think education is a bigger problem.

BrianR
Royal Servant Status

#23 Post by BrianR » Wed Nov 29, 2006 1:17 pm

Its a cost benifit.  Are the taxes higher than insurance would be?  Is the wait worth it? Are the taxes worth it?     Thats up to the people.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Oops

#24 Post by Brainiac » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:17 pm

Kurdt wrote:Wow, SOMEBODY made an erroneous new topic. :p
It's because the New Topic and Post Reply buttons are too close together!

How about I was still suffering long term side-effects from my Thanksgiving turkey coma (entire turkey drumstick = me passed out)?

Uh...it wasn't me?

No one's buying the excuses, huh?  Then I am dishonored by my ineptitude.

<commits hara-kiri>

:p

Seriously though, if someone ELSE wants to put this back in the Operation thread, go right ahead.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#25 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Klytos wrote:Yes. We do have to rub it in. Why you ask? I'll tell you! It's because all us non-Yanks ever hear from American's is how wonderful everything is over there and how you are the greatest country on earth. Blah blah blah.

Yet something like a quick look at your health system shows that you have one of the shittiest health systems in the western world.

Therefore you don't rule as much as you think and you should shut the **** up.
Really? You hear that a lot? Who do you talk to, then? Almost every non-Yank I talk to that isn't Canadian doesn't ever mind informing me that my country is the cause of all the world's problems, as if an American kicks them in the crotch every morning on their way to work.

As for healthcare, I think I said this in the other thread but I may as well do so here as well. Your free healthcare does rule. However, you have to wait in line 6 hours like everyone else to get seen. Also, you're taxed so much on it it's a wonder you guys don't live below the poverty level, so it's really just a displacement of payments. What you pay in healthcare taxes we pay directly to the healthcare providers through insurance. To top it off, your free healthcare ensures that doctors get paid less than they do in, say, America, where there is no free healthcare, so all the good doctors leave and go to, say, America.

So yeah, your healthcare is free and our healthcare is not. But our healthcare is better because it attracts more quality. And we get fatter paychecks in the bargain.

The real solution is just to never get sick. I'm working on the serum right now.