Resolution problem or atleast something like it. Please help

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Resolution problem or atleast something like it. Please help

#1 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:13 pm

This happened when I played Al Emmo as well but I'm re experiencing it now that I've redone my entire computer. I'm playing QFG on Dosbox and when I full size it it goes way to the right and cuts off the edge while leaving black around the top and right sides of the screenWhen I hit auto adjust on my monitor it fixes the problem mostly but theres still space on the right. Anyone know how to adjust this?

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#2 Post by Kurdt » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:09 pm

If you've got the ability to do it manually I'd suggest fine-tuning it that way.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#3 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:25 am

ya thats the problem I forgot to mention, and whats the point fo a "fullscreen" function if it doesn't fill my screen? Also in other news I got QFGIV working for the first time in my entire life and I love it, I can't wait for the combat. Could be my favorite one though. also a noob question that I forgot, how do you turn up CPU cycle on Dosbox?

Bigfan
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Bigfan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:29 am

CTRL+F12 for upping the cycles.

The reason you've got the space on the right is you're playing a 320x200 game on a widescreen monitor.  It's happening to me too on my laptop (with a widescreen monitor).  It's fairly innocuous -- I just ignore it.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:01 pm

thanks a lot, I knew it was an F# but not which or that I needed to use ctrl.