What to do?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gazelle
Peasant Status

What to do?

#1 Post by gazelle » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:23 pm

Guys how do you break up with your girl?
I recently realised that we have nothing in common.We've been together for 3 years,and we clash like pasta and mint sauce!She's more the kind of girl who wants to go out ALL THE TIME!!! and I'm the kind of guy who just wants to sit in,watch a video and have a bit of a cuddle every now and again.I'm not a tea bag,but I think a bit of time for the 2 of us alone isnt that much to ask.
I've gotten to a point where I stay at home and play poker online,just while I wait for her to come home.And when she gets home she's usually too drunk to even get her key in the door let alone talk to me.What should I do?I love her but can't go on like this.Please help!

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:31 pm

You know, I recently had to deal with a similar situation.

It wasn't easy, but sometimes it's just best if you go your seperate ways.  There will be some hurt initially, but it you're a good person - you can come through it.

Bt

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#3 Post by Klytos » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:13 am

It sounds like you're a boring person who should drink more.  :lol

For a real answer, I'd suggest when she goes out clubbing one night, get all your stuff and move out. Leave money for the final utilities bills that you would owe.

Hmm, all my responses are rather abrupt today.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:17 am

I assume you see her at moments when she isn't drunk. Bring up the subject during one of those moments, preferably when neither is in a hurry to go anywhere. Relationships should be about finding middle roads to make things satisfying for both parties. If you two are so far apart and you don't see things working out, just tell her that.

(though I'm curious how two people with such a different ideas of a good time got together in the first place...but that's not really my business)

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#5 Post by Gronagor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:44 am

... just say it. Straight forward, but never when you're in a bad mood, you may just say things that may come back to haunt you.

And please don't write a letter... you're far past a 'dear John/Jane' letter!!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#6 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:09 am

my last girl broke up with me in person... but it doesn't help because the situation was different. she was like I'm sorry but I was just kinda using you to lose my card and I like other guys more and to this day ( 4 months later) I still yell at her daily for how much I hate her for being so retarded in an enhanced school program. God I hate people sometimes.

P.S. QFGF is under the influence.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#7 Post by Gronagor » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:19 am

Hey QFGF, you really should let go, dude. No point in holding a grudge... probably prevents you from getting a new GF.

A little bit of experience talking

Enjoy the freedom while you have it!!!  
Although it's great to be married, you'll have a great number of boundaries set for you when that time comes... please don't waste time while you have it!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:00 pm

man was I wrecked. I mostly yell at her for fun and I'm a girl machine now. I'm just bitter is all.

hunzie
Peasant Status

#9 Post by hunzie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:04 pm

Well,well,well.That is a problem.But nothing you can't solve!
Have you spoken to her bout her absurd behavior?If you have and she's done nothing to change her habbits,dump her.You're wasting yours and her time.I know it's harder than it sounds,but it really is for the best,trust me.Because you know yourself how it's going to end if you don't put a stop to it.You'll be miserable and for what?For the sake of not wanting to have that ''just broken up feeling''?It'll come sooner or later so just get it over with.
Online poker eh? (hitting a lighter note) I play poker with my mates every now and again,but have been to chicken to try playing online.have you ever visited pokerstrategy? it's really good for tips on technique!
Can you recommend any good poker sites?I'm trying to get better all the time because I'm headed for Las Vegas next year.
Let us know what you did about your girl,I'm sure you'll make the right descision!

Lambonius
Knight Status

#10 Post by Lambonius » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:05 am

Maybe I'm over-generalizing here, but it's been my experience that girls who are really into clubbing and who come home too drunk to even get the key in the door, as you put it, are oftentimes also the girls who make out with all sorts of random guys at said clubs and end up hooking up with them in the bathroom.  That exact scenario happened to a friend of mine a while back, and it was pretty rough.  Fortunately he had the good sense to kick her to the curb, even though it had been about a 2 year relationship.  I'm assuming you're college-age, so I think you can pretty safely break it off and easily meet someone else who is more your type.  College is great for that sort of thing.

One last thing: since it is a long term relationship, make sure you explain WHY you don't think things are working out; I've found that abrupt break-ups with little or no explanation often lead to much worse heartbreak than is necessary.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#11 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:10 pm

Confirmed on second point.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#12 Post by gamecreator » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:35 pm

She'll probably agree that breaking up is the right thing to do.  I'm surprised you've been together for 3 years.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:40 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote: and I'm a girl machine now.
My  source says otherwise rob :P

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:49 am

I rarely talk to your source anymore haha. you should see her hair now. Good to see you around again though Branden.

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:57 am

Good to be back However, to the topic on hand My advice dump her i know it be hard and trying but in the long run its better for you both.