Making QG4 work, voices and all.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MagusRogue
Peasant Status

Making QG4 work, voices and all.

#1 Post by MagusRogue » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:17 pm

Step 1) Make sure you have the Rising Sun patch installed. Otherwise, the game's neigh-unplayable.
Step 2) Go into the CD and copy EVERYTHING that says Resource.blah over to the QG4 folder on your harddrive. These are yer voice packs. And, click Yes To All when it asks you to override something. Also, copy the Patches folder (including the folder) over to the qg4 folder. Important.
Step 3) Find the Resource.cfg file and open it with Notepad. Down on the bottom should be a few lines containing file paths. Edit them to point to where the files are ON YOUR DOSBOX MOUNTED DRIVE. Make sure the paths follow how you mount your C: drive on dosbox, otherwise it won't work.

This is how I did mine (note: I mount c: as c:\sierra):

resAUD=C:\QGANTH\QG4CD
resSFX=C:\QGANTH\QG4CD
patchDir=C:\QGANTH\QG4CD;C:\QG4CD\patches

Save it once you got it configured right.
Step 4) Delete the CheckCD file, and edit your qg4cd.bat file (with notepad again) to remove the entire CheckCD line in there. This allows the game to play without needing to check and see if a cd is in the drive or not. haxxors!!!!
Step 5) Open the game in dosbox like any other game, and enjoy the John Rhys-Davis!!!!!

If it still doesn't work, lemme know how you mount your C: on Dosbox, and lemme see your pathlines in resource.cfg, plz, and I can find out what you did wrong.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:27 pm

I copy my QFG4.bat and paste it into the dosbox from the compilation of Po.lice Quest or King's quest and it seems to mount my entire C: but I can't read the dosbox start up fast enough to know, I can however go through my folders when saving/importing so I'm not sure how to route it.