Giving away Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode 1

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

Giving away Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode 1

#1 Post by Music Head » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Hey all!

Since i'm such a nice guy i'm giving away a copy of Valve's HL2 and HL2EP1 to anyone who wants them. This isn't a scam or anything stupid, so just hear me out. Valve recently released 'The Orange Box' a game package which includes Half-Life 2, Episode 1, and the highly awaited Episode 2, Portals and Team Fortress 2. The package was only $45 which was a great deal. Since I only needed EP2, Portals, and TF2 i was just going to buy them seperately, but doing so you end up paying more, so i just purchased the package. Since Valve anticipated people like me were going to buy the whole package they've set up this gift service through Steam (their content delivery program). So I now have EP1 and HL2 to give away on Steam to anyone i wish since i've purchased them twice. So if anyone uses Steam and gives me thier Steam name I can send the gifts to you, and i suppose the games will download through Steam to you. Valve's games demand you have Steam to use them, sorry, no two ways around that. Steam is free to download tho, basically it's an online store (with gaems from heaps of different publishers aswell), auto update service for games, community stuff, I generally only use it to buy games and update them, bust it does a whoel lot fo other crap (see wiki page). So yea, anyone who wants these 2 games, just give me your steam account name, or download steam and make one and i'll send the gift invite to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_%28c ... elivery%29

Sorry if this sounds like a scam or soemthing, free+internet=scam normally, but seriously, i have no use for these extra copies, pretty sure it's against steam rules or wateva to try and sell them, not that i'd go thru the hassle. Just visit Steams website and there'll be more info about the whole process if you need more info.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:13 pm

I'd like to take you up on your offer, then. I've heard the games are pretty good, but I've never actually tried them (or any other Steam app, anyway).

My Steam username is the same as here, Pidgeot. Let me know if you need more details or anything.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Music Head » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:41 am

Pidgeot wrote:My Steam username is the same as here, Pidgeot. Let me know if you need more details or anything.
I just went into the 'send a gift' screen and it says I need to enter a valid email address. Reading through the news posting on the main website i found it says that links to activate the game for your profile will be sent out in emails, and once clicked the games will come up in your list. So you'll have to PM me your email address.

Also the games aren't small so if you have dial-up i'd advise agaisnt getting thme thru Steam (my stupid mistake).

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Pidgeot » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:25 am

Sending it right now. Thank you very much. :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:43 pm

Enjoy Pidge, HL2 is brilliant!

I'll be getting Orange Box for PS3!