Most Frustrating Game you've played

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Most Frustrating Game you've played

#1 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Have you beaten the most frustrating game to challenge you? Recently Shenmue II became extremely frustrating because instead of a story line it became raise a thousand dollars on mostly petty bets of 10 dollars. It's like the developer said lets tack on another 10 hours of gameplay right here so its not too short. Another frustrating Game is Hitman 2:Silent Assasin. Sometimes the levels are just stupidly hard but not in the fun hard way  in the way tha you have to stumble around for 12 hours in hopes of finding the right way to go. Luckily they took this out in future instalments. Guitar Hero III is also on my list of frustrating games. Devil Went Down To Georgia has about 2 minutes before you can get a battle power and you have to keep doing it until he gets an amp overdrive and you get the whammy bar power up then you have to use it at precisely the right time to win the game. I've tried it so many times and still can't do it. Shenmue was the only of the three I've beaten so far.

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by oriel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:58 pm

Most frustrating games I've played have been on NES (look up angry video game nerd on youtube).  But recently, I think that Predator: Concrete Jungle for the PS2 was the most frustrating.  I think it could have been a great game had it been more like God of War, but it plays like a complete rush job and after doing the same thing for hours on end, decided I'd had enough.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Frustrating games

#3 Post by Brainiac » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:50 pm

There is one game in my life (from the NES library) that instills in me a sense of absolute terror.  I cannot even speak its name in full.  Its very existence haunts my nightmares.  All I can say is it involves spiritual apparitions and kobold-like creatures, with a knight in posession of very flimsy armor, often being destroyed and leaving him in naught but red undies...

<remembers the game>

<curls into the fetal position in the corner>

greensenshi
Knight Status

#4 Post by greensenshi » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Oh dear god, not THAT GAME!

Yea, that one was a hard one to play, let alone beat.

For those who don't know, the game he's talking about is...

[spoiler]Ghosts and Goblins[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#5 Post by Vildern » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:42 pm

greensenshi wrote:Oh dear god, not THAT GAME!

Yea, that one was a hard one to play, let alone beat.

For those who don't know, the game he's talking about is...

[spoiler]Ghosts and Goblins[/spoiler][/spoiler]
How on earth did you know what game he was talking about!  :p  

There are many frustrating games out there, but one which pops to mind now is... KKnD (the first one).

greensenshi
Knight Status

#6 Post by greensenshi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:34 am

The red undies gave it away.  :P

Lambonius
Knight Status

#7 Post by Lambonius » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Not to mention "spiritual apparitions and kobold-like creatures."   :p

I guess if you're into the old NES scene, it's pretty well-known as one of the most notoriously hard games in existence.  Though I can think of several others...Marble Madness anyone?  Though in the case of MM, it was far more addictively fun than the aforementioned frustration-fest.  In my opinion, at least.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#8 Post by Gronagor » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:01 pm

Strip Poker v2.1.  :p

Just kidding... easiest games there ever were!   :p

greensenshi
Knight Status

#9 Post by greensenshi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Not to mention "spiritual apparitions and kobold-like creatures."
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinor details.

Marble Madness, oh yes, addictive.  R.C. Pro Am comes to mind as a frustratingly addictive game.  How far could you go?  ^_^

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Music Head » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:49 am

I found Skyroads to be very frustrating on some levels, making others look pathetically easy. I did however beat the game after countless amounts of retrying. I don't think i've ever tried so hard, or spent so much time trying beat a game before.