QFG2 News & Updates: Version 2.0 Released on PC and Mac!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

^Mo^
Peasant Status

Re: ** HOLY HINT BOOKS! COURSE 5 HAS APPEARED! **

#476 Post by ^Mo^ » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:02 am

Just a tiny detail: It still says course 4 in session at the bottom of the page, thought it does take you to course when you click on it.

I'm really excited! Really looking forward to this game coming out soon now!!

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#477 Post by RogerWanko » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:40 am

omg omg only one more course!!

Malak233
Peasant Status

#478 Post by Malak233 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:15 am

You guys are whining about waiting only eight years?? Back in 'Nam, we used to talk about how awesome QFG2VGA would be and how Tierra was hard at work on it. I remember lying in a ditch with a bullet to my left leg thinking I was going to die. The only way I made it out of there was the hope that upon my return to the States, QFG2VGA would be complete. Boy was I wrong! Sometimes I wish I had died in 'Nam rather than being forced to wait another 30+ years. >:

Solarkid
Knight Status

Re: ** COURSE 4 IS IN...SESSION. DAMN THIEVES! **

#479 Post by Solarkid » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am

agd2smb wrote: Then that invalidates the entire analogy. If we haven't been told when to come over, it's impossible be be a poor guest.
Naaah i don't want to keep this going, but just as a quick note to you.

ANY analogy can be ripped apart and distorted, its the ideal and moral of the analogy which counts. So don't bother trying to find little inaccuracies and using them to suggest that an analogy is hopeless, it's meaningless to do that. The point is that the analogy conveyed Agc2's point beautifully, and that's all it was intended to do.

Period.

Dave

P.s I laughed out loud at your comment malak :)

Kloreep
Knight Status

#480 Post by Kloreep » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Malak233 wrote:You guys are whining about waiting only eight years?? Back in 'Nam, we used to talk about how awesome QFG2VGA would be and how Tierra was hard at work on it. I remember lying in a ditch with a bullet to my left leg thinking I was going to die. The only way I made it out of there was the hope that upon my return to the States, QFG2VGA would be complete. Boy was I wrong! Sometimes I wish I had died in 'Nam rather than being forced to wait another 30+ years. >:
:lol Watch out BT, you have competition!

VandalD
Peasant Status

#481 Post by VandalD » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:29 pm

I have returned from two years ago to say -- well, exactly the same thing. Thanks to everyone who worked and is working on the game. I'm really looking forward to it. It's like a new game for me. I never played much of QFG2 because I didn't like the parser. Also looking forward to what you've got in store after QFG2.

Triston
Peasant Status

#482 Post by Triston » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:27 pm

Same old same old.. I've lurked around here for a while. I might have had an account once but I can't remember or seem to find it now. No big deal. Anyways.. I'm just as excited as everyone else for the release of QFG2VGA. I just sent off an e-mail offering 200GB of bandwidth per month for hosting a mirror. Aside from buying a copy of Al Emmo and getting the limited QFG2VGA poster, it's the only thing I can think of to do to payback the ADGI team for the wonderful work they've done.

Well, that's pretty much all I have to say.. need to get working on my thief in QFG1VGA so I can import him. ;)

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#483 Post by Tehseen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:28 pm

RogerWanko wrote:omg omg only one more course!!
don't get over excited its not guaranteed that the last course will be the game itself, its might be possible that after passing the last course we promoted to the next class containing more courses............. :rollin

You can see in the first course its mentioned that after the last course AGD will launch the site , after that they will run a fan art contest which will be over in maybe more than a month , after that development videos and baking tips which will be like these courses one video or one tip in a week.So in short don't expect the game soon . it may be out during christmas.

one more thing they havent properly announced their next project yet as mentioned in the 1st course but i'm sure when they will , they will take atleast one month to run their publicity campaign so to prevent what happen with Al EMMO ......
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#484 Post by Spanky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:09 pm

I really hope this game comes out before September when I have to go back to school. I'm already too busy studying for the LSATS to play games, but I'll be even more busy when classes start.

freduardo
Peasant Status

#485 Post by freduardo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:11 pm

I think when they said there would be development videos and (perhaps) baking tips they meant that those would actually apply to the 5 courses to come after the first one, rather than a new set of updates. You know, because the 5 courses we saw did in fact contain development videos.

Anyway, my favorite disappointment theory of the dev team screwing with us is still the one where the 6th course is on how to be a redheaded white guy who's no stranger to love and will never give you up, let you down, run around or desert you.

Tehseen
Royal Servant Status

#486 Post by Tehseen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

freduardo wrote:I think when they said there would be development videos and (perhaps) baking tips they meant that those would actually apply to the 5 courses to come after the first one, rather than a new set of updates. You know, because the 5 courses we saw did in fact contain development videos.

i dont think so the videos that have already been posted were from Eriq regarding the website and poster making details but the videos and baking tips which are mention in 1st course will be from Britney , and will be about the making of Quest for glory 2 vga........

AsianMusicGuy
Defense Minister Status

#487 Post by AsianMusicGuy » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:53 pm

stop it just stop posting random crap and wait

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#488 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 pm

The Fan Pack looks great! I Love looking at the concept art and screenshots!
Great Job (as usual)! These courses are so much fun!

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#489 Post by Spanky » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:23 pm

What's so fun about them? I'd rather have them spend all their time finishing up the game than making those course teasers. But whatever. Here's to hoping the game will be released in the 6th course (whenever that may be). And freduardo, don't give them any ideas...

linkin182
Peasant Status

#490 Post by linkin182 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Love that Labyrinth reference in course 5. DANCE MAGIC DANCE! :rollin

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#491 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Spanky, you truly are the best type of fan to tease. :rollin

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#492 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:03 pm

Spanky wrote:What's so fun about them? I'd rather have them spend all their time finishing up the game than making those course teasers. But whatever. Here's to hoping the game will be released in the 6th course (whenever that may be). And freduardo, don't give them any ideas...
Well I'm the kind of person that finds things like silly jokes, artwork, new teaser content (like trailers and the fan pack) and David Bowie References fun but I suppose if I were to delude myself and become dull, whiny and demanding I could see how you could consider them a waste of time.

Edit: P.S Thanks Eriq, now I have to go watch Labyrinth again.

Earthsetjake
Peasant Status

#493 Post by Earthsetjake » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Well I'm the kind of person that finds things like silly jokes, artwork, new teaser content (like trailers and the fan pack) and David Bowie References fun but I suppose if I were to delude myself and become dull, whiny and demanding I could see how you could consider them a waste of time.
Touche... handled quite nicely in my humble opinion.
Edit: P.S Thanks Eriq, now I have to go watch Labyrinth again.
God, if that stupid worm had just told them the correct direction to get to the castle...
:p

RogerWanko
Royal Servant Status

#494 Post by RogerWanko » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:... I suppose if I were to delude myself and become dull, whiny and demanding I could see how you could consider them a waste of time.
PWNED :lol

darkgamorck
Peasant Status

#495 Post by darkgamorck » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Lady Pyro wrote:Well I'm the kind of person that finds things like silly jokes, artwork, new teaser content (like trailers and the fan pack) and David Bowie References fun but I suppose if I were to delude myself and become dull, whiny and demanding I could see how you could consider them a waste of time.
I wish the goblins would come and take you away...right now :)

Sorry I just couldn't resist the Labyrinth reference discussion. I'll kindly retreat back into my hole.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#496 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 am

darkgamorck wrote: I wish the goblins would come and take you away...right now :)

Sorry I just couldn't resist the Labyrinth reference discussion. I'll kindly retreat back into my hole.
If it meant a Tight Pants-ed David Bowie would fly through my window and make me his 80's Hair Styled Queen I would totally go along with you on that.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#497 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:34 am

I was wondering how long it would take for a comment on the Labyrinth reference. :rollin

During afternoons at the public library waiting for our parents to get off work, a classmate and I used to repeat an adaptation of a certain sequence (he said it was originally like this in Dr. Who):

Person A (Trevor): You remind me of a man...
Person B (Me): What man?
A: The Man with the Power...
B: What Power?
A: The Power of Voodoo.
B: Who-do?
A: You do.
B: Do what?
A: ... remind me of a man ...
B: What man?
B: What man?

etc, etc, etc until one of us screwed up or got bored. Yeah, not much to do after school before everyone had their own NES, etc.

mordrack
Peasant Status

#498 Post by mordrack » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:31 pm

Schloss Ritter wrote:(he said it was originally like this in Dr. Who)
That's not correct. It's originally from the Cary Grant and Shirley Temple movie The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer. The exchange is between the titular characters.
Richard Nugent: Hey, you remind me of a man.
Susan Turner: What man?
Richard Nugent: Man with the power.
Susan Turner: What power?
Richard Nugent: Power of hoodoo.
Susan Turner: Hoodoo?
Richard Nugent: You do.
Susan Turner: Do what?
Richard Nugent: Remind me of a man...
What can I say, I just like Cary Grant movies.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#499 Post by Schloss Ritter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Ah well, Dr. Who must have copied it too at one point then I guess. Good to find the source finally.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#500 Post by Spanky » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:02 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Well I'm the kind of person that finds things like silly jokes, artwork, new teaser content (like trailers and the fan pack) and David Bowie References fun but I suppose if I were to delude myself and become dull, whiny and demanding I could see how you could consider them a waste of time.
Thanks for the hostility. Apparently I'm dull, whiny, and demanding for preferring a sooner release date of QFG over a David Bowie reference.
But, you know, that's just like your opinion, man.
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Spanky, you truly are the best type of fan to tease
You're damn right I am! I check the site daily in hope of the game's release. I have two weeks until my last semester starts, after which I'm going to law school. So this is probably the only time I have available to loaf around and play video games.