Easter Eggs

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

techie775
Knight Status

Re: Easter Eggs

#51 Post by techie775 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:15 pm

They mention Genesta from KQ4 when you look at one of the portraits at WIT. I don't remember hearing that in the original.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#52 Post by Brainiac » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Nope; it's in there. Erana's portrait reminds the Hero of Genesta, a fairy he once new in the original version as well.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#53 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:35 pm

Brainiac wrote:
Erpy wrote:(p.s Useless tidbit: The original idea was from a console RPG called Terranigma where you could eventually buy and decorate your own house)
Ah, Terranigma. The title PAL gamers love to show off to Americans. Japan/Europe release only. Jerks. :p
Terranigma was great but its prequel Illusion of Time (Gaia in US) is one of my favourite games!

AtypicalChuck
Peasant Status

#54 Post by AtypicalChuck » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:50 pm

I think the lamp seller sold me it at some point :D

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#55 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Angelus3K wrote:
Brainiac wrote:
Erpy wrote:(p.s Useless tidbit: The original idea was from a console RPG called Terranigma where you could eventually buy and decorate your own house)
Ah, Terranigma. The title PAL gamers love to show off to Americans. Japan/Europe release only. Jerks. :p
Terranigma was great but its prequel Illusion of Time (Gaia in US) is one of my favourite games!
I love Illusion of Gaia, I didn't know there was a sequel.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#56 Post by Brainiac » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:59 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I love Illusion of Gaia, I didn't know there was a sequel.
Technically Quintet only did one official sequel in ActRaiser 2. In general though, Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma are referred to as the Soul Blazer Trilogy, so Illusion has both has a sequel and is a sequel. There's also The Granstream Saga for the original PlayStation as a fourth title in the series, but it's kind of maligned and avoided by most.

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#57 Post by BesterP12 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

CDA_91 wrote:HA!

Ask to be taught by the Dark Master in WIT XD

Made me laugh anyway :P
That scene brought back many memories of the Sierra forums. When I still had a working DOS machine and before the fan patches, I was on the list for people to send their saves to. I played through that swamp many many times for people. (My name starts with B so I was at or near the top of that list.)

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#58 Post by Spikey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:09 pm

Daniel06 wrote:Cool, I like it!!! Have I missed any???
Well, I don't see the Saurusfoot-shaped Garbage Bin on your shot, lol!!!! Best object yet!!!!

Wish I had one at my office!!!!

*ALT+TAB-warps back to Shapier reality*

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#59 Post by Spikey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:48 pm

encountered a sign in the desert telling me: "Hours: mon - fri, 8:00 - 5:00". Appears to be appearing randomly in the desert screen south to the gates.

greensenshi
Knight Status

#60 Post by greensenshi » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:52 pm

Those signs appear at random in the desert with different phrases. I've seen, "Shapeir next exit", "Keep off the grass", and others that I can't recall at the moment.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#61 Post by Spanky » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Those signs are from the original game, if I recall correctly.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#62 Post by Spikey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:25 pm

I thought they were, but I don't really recall them, let alone their messages.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#63 Post by Gronagor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah... they were in the original. But the silly clowns needed to be on, if I remember correctly.

Morningstar
Royal Servant Status

#64 Post by Morningstar » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:35 pm

I brought the brass jar from the lamp merchant...

I've also not yet seen the sand golfer out in the dunes, but it's good to know King Arthur is out there somewhere

Pablo Gonzalo
Peasant Status

#65 Post by Pablo Gonzalo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:01 pm

The decorated room looks awesome.

I got a fan after beating Keapon Laffin at his magic game twice (I think I got a boost to Force Bolt when I beat him the first time. I also got a boost to Flame Dart after beating Aziza).

Not sure if it's an easter egg (made me laugh though), but a "CRITICAL HIT" message pops up during combat from time to time.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#66 Post by pikaporeon » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:13 pm

Nah I don't think thats an egg.

Now if somehow it popped up "SUPER EFFECTIVE" then.. maybe

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#67 Post by CGG » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 am

Morningstar wrote:I brought the brass jar from the lamp merchant...

I've also not yet seen the sand golfer out in the dunes, but it's good to know King Arthur is out there somewhere
I think you get both the large brass jar which goes near the doorway and the smaller jug that goes on the cabinet from the brass merchant. When you buy it - you randomly get one of the two (which i guess means you can't have both)

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#68 Post by BesterP12 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:34 am

If you have the parser or combo conversation method, you can ask at least Rakeesh and Dinarzad about Mordavia.

I went into DOSBox to verify that this was new and the original QfG2 doesn't even know the word

BerserkerTails
Peasant Status

#69 Post by BerserkerTails » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:18 am

The Easter Eggs have been brilliant so far. Though my favourite I'm not even sure actually happened. It was about 3 in the morning and I was tired, I may have imagined it.

I was outside the Guild Hall talking to Rakeesh, and Simba was there playing with Rakeesh's tail. I believe it was day three. I clicked the mouth icon on the hero to say goodbye (Gotta be polite), and as I was clicking the goodbye option, I noticed an option to "Kick Simba". Of course I immediately clicked the mouth icon on myself again to see if it was there, but it wasn't. I reloaded my game and it didn't show up again. So I typed it in the parser and got a message saying something to the effect that "Hero's wouldn't do that sort of thing".

Did I imagine this, or was I actually given the option to KICK SIMBA?!?!? Talk about rad!

Oh and it's not really an Easter egg, but I noticed the (thief) hero being rather rude to Aziza as she tried to explain to him about the tree, can't remember her name at the moment. Weird to see lines of dialogue attached to the hero though... Realy weird...

gizzywiz
Peasant Status

#70 Post by gizzywiz » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 am

BerserkerTails wrote: Oh and it's not really an Easter egg, but I noticed the (thief) hero being rather rude to Aziza as she tried to explain to him about the tree, can't remember her name at the moment. Weird to see lines of dialogue attached to the hero though... Realy weird...
That was in the original too. It happens when you ask about the tree prior to the Earth Elemental.

BesterP12
Peasant Status

#71 Post by BesterP12 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:40 am

You also have to keep in mind that the remake has silly clowns on by default so you may see things you haven't if you don't usually turn that on.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#72 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:55 am

And yeah, you could kick Simba in the original too. :evil Sounds like you gave up prematurely, though...

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#73 Post by Spanky » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 am

I never got rick-rolled :(
Do you need to do anything special or is it just completely random?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#74 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:41 am

It's random. Rick is very selective about who he will roll.

It seems only one person has been so far. Anyone else? speak up!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#75 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:44 am

Not sure if it's an easter egg (made me laugh though), but a "CRITICAL HIT" message pops up during combat from time to time.
It's not an egg...it's a real critical hit that does twice as much damage.
If you have the parser or combo conversation method, you can ask at least Rakeesh and Dinarzad about Mordavia.
Thanks for noticing. They also know about Silmaria. In fact, most of the major NPC's can be told about a lot of major topics and have unique reactions the original didn't have.