Batman - The Dark Knight

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chief
Knight Status

Batman - The Dark Knight

#1 Post by Chief » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:22 pm

so who has seen it and what do you think? i saw it twice, amazing movie!

I was pleasantly surprised that the acting/characters and their interactions are in the forefront, not just all action.
Heath was fantastic!!!!

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Batman - The Dark Knight

#2 Post by Broomie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 pm

I liked it, but was still disappointed by it after all the hype and speculation. Heath Ledger was definitely the best thing about it, and also Aaron Eckhart as 'Two-Face' but I wasn't completely taken away. I thought it was a great movie, but I do need to see it again to get a final opinion on it. I saw it in IMAX originally (the format it was filmed in) and some parts made me feel dizzy so I'd like to watch it in the comfort on my own home so i can make final judgement. But it was still a great film!

Chief
Knight Status

#3 Post by Chief » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:03 pm

just curious, what were you expecting that you were disappointed in?

i'm looking forward to the blu-ray release! and any bonus scenes!!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 pm

I liked it, but wasn't thrilled. But I've read the comics for years so I've seen Batman at his best and worst already. It was good, don't get me wrong, just not anything I hadn't already seen before.
My favorite Bat-Movie will always be the Adam West one. I think it has some of the best examples of detective work in a movie ever. (And it happened at Sea, C! As in Catwoman!)
and really knows how to speak to it's target audience. You know, Because some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb. :P

Maxor127
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Maxor127 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:08 am

It might be the best superhero movie ever, but it does have its flaws. Some of the story elements just didn't work for me, and the last scene with Two-Face seemed like it could've been handled better. It's awesome if you suspend some disbelief, but you notice some chinks if you analyze it too much.

Chief
Knight Status

#6 Post by Chief » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:25 am

well, it being a superhero comic movie and all, i went in not trying to overanalyze.. so i really enjoyed it.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#7 Post by Lady Pyro » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm

There is one part that nags at me, not as a Batman fan but as a movie-goer.
SPOILER WARNING:

Why does he out and out say he's going after the girl (when her and Harvey are both tied up) and then go after Harvey? I understand why he went after Harv, just not why he lied about it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Spoiler warning

That was the Joker's idea of a prank. He gave Batman the right locations, but switched the names, meaning that Dent was at the location the Joker said Rachel would be and vice versa...this way, the person Batman wanted to save most would end up dying. Batman fully intended to go after Rachel, but when he entered there and saw Dent instead, he realized it was probably more than a little rude to just leave him there.

JustLuke32
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by JustLuke32 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Not a bad movie, this. It was leaps and bounds better than the tedious Batman Begins or the dreadful Batman Forever and Batman and Robin films, but it was over-long and not as fun or as beautiful to look at as Tim Burton's films.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#10 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:44 pm

I really need to see DK again, it must be a month since I saw it.

Chief
Knight Status

#11 Post by Chief » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:50 pm

ahhhhhhh interesting! i didn't think of/realize that!! thank you.

btw, i think i'm going to see it another time next week on IMAX :D

Erpy wrote:Spoiler warning

That was the Joker's idea of a prank. He gave Batman the right locations, but switched the names, meaning that Dent was at the location the Joker said Rachel would be and vice versa...this way, the person Batman wanted to save most would end up dying. Batman fully intended to go after Rachel, but when he entered there and saw Dent instead, he realized it was probably more than a little rude to just leave him there.

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Dragonfang » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:12 pm

Seen it and loved it! Once again The Joker stole the show! Way better than the '60 TV series and the '90 four movies combined. I think Two-Face needed his own movie rather the ending we got. What villain do you guys think should be in 3rd Batman?

Chief
Knight Status

#13 Post by Chief » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

i think the riddler or catwoman would be cool and perhaps one other minor one?

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 am

Erpy wrote: That was the Joker's idea ....he realized it was probably more than a little rude to just leave him there.
Ah, I only saw it the once. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention. That makes sense though, thanks! Although it would have been pretty funny if Bats just opened the door, peeked in, swore and left.

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

#15 Post by Dragonfang » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Chief wrote:i think the riddler or catwoman would be cool and perhaps one other minor one?
I usually prefer 1 villain. Catwoman sounds right. A female opponent would be a nice change.

Chief
Knight Status

#16 Post by Chief » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:18 pm

ya, 1 villian is ideal.. it seems like they try to pack in as much as they can though. i wish they filmed 2 movies at once last time.. they should do that more often.

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Dragonfang » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 am

Chief wrote:ya, 1 villian is ideal.. it seems like they try to pack in as much as they can though. i wish they filmed 2 movies at once last time.. they should do that more often.
You're right. The last Spider-man got cramped with 3 antagonists. What's the rush anyway? I just heard they're gonna make more Spider-man movies.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#18 Post by DrJones » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:56 am

Dragonfang wrote:Seen it and loved it! Once again The Joker stole the show! Way better than the '60 TV series and the '90 four movies combined. I think Two-Face needed his own movie rather the ending we got. What villain do you guys think should be in 3rd Batman?
You're kidding, don't you? This movie was all about the rise and fall of Two-Faces. Even the title shows the contrast between Harvey Dent (the white knight) and Batman (the dark knight). The Joker is there merely to give Batman something to do meanwhile.

Dragonfang
Peasant Status

#19 Post by Dragonfang » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:49 pm

DrJones wrote:
Dragonfang wrote:Seen it and loved it! Once again The Joker stole the show! Way better than the '60 TV series and the '90 four movies combined. I think Two-Face needed his own movie rather the ending we got. What villain do you guys think should be in 3rd Batman?
You're kidding, don't you? This movie was all about the rise and fall of Two-Faces. Even the title shows the contrast between Harvey Dent (the white knight) and Batman (the dark knight). The Joker is there merely to give Batman something to do meanwhile.
I just love the Joker over Two-Face, he's my favorite Batman villain.

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#20 Post by Music Head » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:07 pm

Broomie wrote:I saw it in IMAX originally (the format it was filmed in)
Only a couple of scenes were filmed in IMAX, sorry bout being perdantic about it. I thought it was great, saw it twice. I was expecting an 'in memory of' at the beginning of the credits however. The movie was definatly better then the first. I love Christopher Nolans take on the Batman universe. Bring on 3!