QFG3 - Max Paladin Points?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

QFG3 - Max Paladin Points?

#1 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Is it the normal 300 max, or is there something special for paladin points?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: QFG3 - Max Paladin Points?

#2 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:51 pm

Paladin Points only go up for a Paladin and they determine when specific Paladin Abilities activate. They are simply a secondary measure of Honor increase. The maximum is probably 100, though if you import with a character with Honor below 200, it might go higher. In the end, it doesn't matter - all you need is it to reach 80 to have access to all of the available Paladin Abilities.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by gogogoff » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:56 pm

Brainiac wrote:Paladin Points only go up for a Paladin and they determine when specific Paladin Abilities activate. They are simply a secondary measure of Honor increase. The maximum is probably 100, though if you import with a character with Honor below 200, it might go higher. In the end, it doesn't matter - all you need is it to reach 80 to have access to all of the available Paladin Abilities.

I have 150 Paladin points and still have not become a Simba (spelling ?) Warrior

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 am

Paladin Points are irrelevant to becoming a Simbani Warrior; they determine what Paladin Abilities you have access to.

Out of curiosity, what was you Honor amount at the start of the game? A screencap of your Stat Screen would be nice too.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by gogogoff » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:37 am

Brainiac wrote:Paladin Points are irrelevant to becoming a Simbani Warrior; they determine what Paladin Abilities you have access to.

Out of curiosity, what was you Honor amount at the start of the game? A screencap of your Stat Screen would be nice too.
IDK about the honor

and I was saying I have not become a Warrior yet, as a way to show where I am in the game.

how would I go about getting a Screencap ?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:42 am

Presuming you're playing QfG3 via DOSbox, Control+F5 sends a screencap to the Capture Folder.

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by gogogoff » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:45 am

Brainiac wrote:Presuming you're playing QfG3 via DOSbox, Control+F5 sends a screencap to the Capture Folder.
nope not using DOSbox.
I cant get DOSbox to work =(

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:48 am

Well, there's always the Print Screen key and the Paint program. You'd want to crop it and save it in a compressed formet, though. Bitmaps are way too big (and not allowable uploads here, I don't think).

gogogoff
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by gogogoff » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:56 am

Brainiac wrote:Well, there's always the Print Screen key and the Paint program. You'd want to crop it and save it in a compressed formet, though. Bitmaps are way too big (and not allowable uploads here, I don't think).

but how do I get the Screen shot ?

Muadeeb
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by Muadeeb » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Brainiac wrote:Well, there's always the Print Screen key and the Paint program. You'd want to crop it and save it in a compressed formet, though. Bitmaps are way too big (and not allowable uploads here, I don't think).
Print Screen is a random key on your keyboard you probably never noticed (next to the now superfluous scroll lock). The key is labeled 'PrtSc', or 'Print Screen', but is always in a row of three keys, "Print Screen", "Scroll Lock", and "Pause".

Hit Print Screen and it'll copy a screen shot of (gasp) your screen to the clipboard. Now open Paint. It's ususally located at Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint. If you can't find it there, just hit 'run' and type 'mspaint'. Now paste your screen shot. You can do this by (inside paint) going to Edit/Paste. You'll probably need to shrink the size of you picture now (posting a 1024x768 pic is not cool). Go to Image and hit "Stretch/Skew". In the stretch section, enter '50' in both the Horizontal and Vertical lines. Now to save. File/Save As. Under the type, change that to JPEG. Now name the file something meaningful. It'll probably default to the 'My Pictures' directory, and that's OK. (It's good enough, it's smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like it)

When you go to post it here, you'll probably want to upload it as an attachment. Below where you enter your text, there's a section to upload attachment, hit the browse button and navigate to your 'my pictures' directory. You can find it by hitting 'My Documents' on the left of the popup, then finding 'My Pictures' in the larger listing. Double click on the file you made. Now hit the 'Add the File' button in the Upload Attachment section. Hit Submit and done.