Hurricane IKE heading for texas please stay safe!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

Hurricane IKE heading for texas please stay safe!

#1 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:05 pm

I live in Albuquerque N.M. so i don't have to worry about this but is there any agdinteractive members in the path of hurricane IKE if so i hope they stay safe and evacuate if you have to.
I was checking the news out and they say the storm surge could be at 22 feet.

John

Broomie
The Enigma

Re: Hurricane IKE heading for texas please stay safe!

#2 Post by Broomie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Well, I know Kurdt lives in Houston, TX which unfortunately appears to be in Ike's path so I hope he a place to go to remain safe from the storm. The effects of Katrina were just devastating and I don't want to see anyone go through that again.

JonWW
Royal Servant Status

Re: Hurricane IKE heading for texas please stay safe!

#3 Post by JonWW » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:10 pm

Well I've been having a time with Hurricane Ike. First off, being a member of the Texas Air National Guard they sent me to Corpus Christi, TX on Tuesday to help evacuate that area. We were sent back Wednesday after the projected path kept moving north. Thursday, I was able to get my daughter on a earlier flight back to Germany, and she is now safe and sound. I was called right before I was going to leave the area to go to Orange, TX to help out, but they canceled that mission. Now I'm bunked down at my brother's apartment located on the west side of Houston. I'm surprised that we still have power and Internet... The cable television has been off since last evening. Wind ripped off some of the shingles from the roof, so we have a leak, but we are doing fine. I can just imagine how bad my side of town got hit.

Update: It appears that the water is now turned off over here good thing we made sure to have bottled water. :) I don't have power at my appartment so I've been staying at my brother's appartment the water was restored there Sunday night.
Update2: Been doing recovery in LaPorte, TX since Sunday.