ScummVM Merges With FreeSCI

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

ScummVM Merges With FreeSCI

#1 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:30 am

FreeSCI has finally managed to merge with ScummVM (which, for those who don't know, is a virtual machine adventure interpreter that can play P&C adventure games by LucasArts and a number of other developers including Sierra AGI games like KQ1-3, PQ1, and SQ1-2). At present it only has support for SCI0 games (like KQ4, SQ3, Codename Iceman, Conquests of Camelot, and PQ2) and limited support for SCI01 (QFG2, KQ1SCI) and SCI1 games (KQ5, SQ1VGA, SQ4 disk version, Conquests of the Longbow, and PQ3) but a lot of ScummVM developers have long been interested in developing for SCI so we may see FreeSCI's progress go a little faster now.

It should also be noted that you won't be able to play SCI games in ScummVM until the next major release version as the implementation is not fully complete.

ScummVM Website

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: ScummVM Merges With FreeSCI

#2 Post by DrJones » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 am

übergood news! Now I'll be able to play again, huh, well, someday I'll be able to play again the SCI games that now I just run on Dosbox. Mmm... I don't see the usefulness of that improvement right now, but I'm happy nonetheless. :D

mindscout
Peasant Status

Re: ScummVM Merges With FreeSCI

#3 Post by mindscout » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I think the main value what I see on this is the several ports that scumVM has on plenty of platforms. I'd love to play a Quest for glory 3 again on my Nintendo DS for example..