Completely stuck

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Solarkid
Knight Status

Completely stuck

#1 Post by Solarkid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:09 am

Man, it's been a long time. Hope you're all well, and i've missed you.

I got an email the other day about KQIII by AGD and I had to blink a few times to make sure i wasn't tripping balls. What a masterpiece guys.

Truthfully I never enjoyed the KQ series, the original ones or your ones. I think mainly because i was young and they didn't quite offer the arcadey entertainment I enjoyed from games like QFG. But I am really getting into this new one lads, after completing this one i am definitely going to go try the IA one again too, maybe i've finally come of the age that I can comfortably lose my KQ virginity.

Anyways... on with the problem.

[SPOILER ALERT]

I just cannot work out the trap door puzzle, i found the book in the library, i memorised the code, pushed it in...nothing. I then read a thread some dude posted, he was having the same problem and you suggested reloading to the point before opening the book, and getting a different code.

So i've done this, 3 times, and every single code i get, i carefully write down, and push in with the levers, and yet nothing seems to happen, the door doesn't reveal or open.

I'm willing to accept the probable truth that I am being an absolute butthead here, but I just can't see what I am doing wrong.

Cheers guys :)

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Completely stuck

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:35 am

You can take the book with you so you can view it at any time while working with the levers. No need to memorize. The order is top row, left to right, and then bottom row, left to right.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#3 Post by Solarkid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:42 am

On my fourth reload, rinse, repeat now, i've finally managed to make it work. Incidentally i just loaded one of the other one's and i still can't make it work on that one, is it possible this system is slightly bugged?

Relight
Archival Expert

#4 Post by Relight » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 am

The code is randomized every time, and isn't "set" until you get the book.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#5 Post by Solarkid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:49 am

I understand that, every time I tried i was reloading to a point before opening the book, reading it, and then trying to input it into the bookcase.

MusicallyInspired

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:53 am

By traveling back to the mansion first? Or by restoring another save game?

Solarkid
Knight Status

#7 Post by Solarkid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:54 am

No i've been travelling back to the mansion each time, i understand that you've programmed it so that the book generates a random code which is only applicable to that game.

MusicallyInspired

#8 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 am

Like I said, you can take the book with you and read it while you're looking at the levers. It works every time for me. Top row, left to right, bottom row, left to right.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#9 Post by Solarkid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:12 am

Yeah, i actually have a save where it doesn't work for me if any of you are interested. As i said, on my fourth try it worked so i'm not too bothered now, just pointing out a possible bug

MusicallyInspired

#10 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:18 am

Send me the save I'll check it out.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#11 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 am

If it's confirmed that the lever combo doesn't work in this savegame, can you also e-mail it to: info@AGDInteractive.com so that we can investigate further.

Note that the highest savegame.xxx number is not necessarily the newest savegame file. If you've deleted savegames in-between, the save process will "fill the gaps" with the missing numbers before creating any more newly numbered savegames. The best approach to finding and identifying a savegame file is to re-save the game again (making it your most recently saved file in the game directory). Then right-click in the game directory and "Arrange Icons By>Modified". Your most recent savegame file will be a the end of the list, and will have the most recent time/date stamp. That's the savegame file you should email to us.