easter eggs or something else? *SPOILERS*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Zatos
Peasant Status

easter eggs or something else? *SPOILERS*

#1 Post by Zatos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:18 am

Couple of weird things I noticed.

When scanning the bookcase in the study, sometimes if you try to talk to it, the screen will shake and you will hear a weird noise. I assume this is an easter egg but I have no idea what it is in reference to.

Another one is after you defeat the wizard, his picture will be missing in the main entrance. I am not sure what this is about. You can examine it like there's something to do with it, but I can't figure it out. I tried talking to it and I heard "Meow!" It only did it once and I couldn't get it to do it again. Is there anything to this?

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

Re: easter eggs or something else? *SPOILERS*

#2 Post by Aristocles » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 am

Zatos wrote:Couple of weird things I noticed.

When scanning the bookcase in the study, sometimes if you try to talk to it, the screen will shake and you will hear a weird noise. I assume this is an easter egg but I have no idea what it is in reference to.

Another one is after you defeat the wizard, his picture will be missing in the main entrance. I am not sure what this is about. You can examine it like there's something to do with it, but I can't figure it out. I tried talking to it and I heard "Meow!" It only did it once and I couldn't get it to do it again. Is there anything to this?
It's probably one of those references to "the mysterious world of magic." Basically, it is stuff we can't understand, but is funny nevertheless. I've seen it in other games, where they make a reference to something that would require an explanation, but we don't get one. Best just to roll with it. A wizard did it. :rollin

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#3 Post by Gronagor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 am

Hmmm... don't know the specific reference for the picture part, but where else in the Sierra/AGDI world did you see Wizard portraits?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:24 am

Did you play KQ2+? If you did, that growl must be familiar.

Zatos
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Zatos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:33 am

It's been too long...

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:34 pm

It seems that Manannan has more than just one pet around the house. Just like Anastasia's. ;)

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Aristocles » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:47 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:It seems that Manannan has more than just one pet around the house. Just like Anastasia's. ;)
At least this one can't eat you if you take the wrong book. :rollin

techie775
Knight Status

#8 Post by techie775 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:04 pm

I saw an easter egg when you go explore the far desert for the thousandth time. You get to see brigands and jackalmen fighting each other. I busted out laughing at that one. Nice QFG2VGA refence. I haven't gotten that that far to see the other one at the house but I just thought I'd mention this.