Awards? *possible spoilers*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Awards? *possible spoilers*

#126 Post by Erpy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:08 pm

Haha, like how you get the Infamous award. We're not that bad are we?
Hahaha. Isn't the second largest thread on your forums called the "drunk thread"? I think that answers your question. :p

Ayrus
Peasant Status

#127 Post by Ayrus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:11 pm

Erpy wrote:
Or perhaps there is other way, otherwise you would be in a dead end if the knife is in the cave and you would still need it for the cactus?
Bah, planning issues.
Does that mean you have designed the game to handle that, if that situation happens, or is that a bug (a dead end)? A respawning knife, or another way to cut the cactus and then cut it in half?

Broomie
The Enigma

#128 Post by Broomie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Erpy wrote:
Hahaha. Isn't the second largest thread on your forums called the "drunk thread"? I think that answers your question. :p

Touche! I'll drink to that!
Last edited by Broomie on Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#129 Post by Erpy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:14 pm

Does that mean you have designed the game to handle that, if that situation happens, or is that a bug (a dead end)? A respawning knife, or another way to cut the cactus and then cut it in half?
It's not a dead end, because if you need the knife to cut the cactus, you can always retrieve it from the cave floor.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#130 Post by Radogol » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:49 am

Erpy wrote:
It's not a dead end, because if you need the knife to cut the cactus, you can always retrieve it from the cave floor.

Cactus schmactus, what about freeing Rosella?

Enchantermon
Peasant Status

#131 Post by Enchantermon » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 am

You can untie Rosella with your hands. That's what I've always done.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#132 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 am

Erpy wrote:
Hahah! I haven't been drunk in almost two years.... I'm still belligerent though, oddly enough....

Bt

psychandy
Peasant Status

#133 Post by psychandy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 am

Ayrus wrote:
Erpy wrote:
Wow, the Roger Wilco. Do you mean the broom from the ship galley? I also had it in my possession, but didn't get this award.

You need another item. Think Space Quest 6.

I also had that broom with me and no award. Haven't played SQ6. But since many items are mandatory to have in this game (and until the end), that leaves items which you either don't need to pick up at all, or which somehow respawn after their "use", or an item which you can use but don't necessarily have to. In this case, food comes to mind. You don't necessarily have to feed the apples or bread to Manannan, which means they could still be with you at the end. Feeding the eagle can be done with the ham or with the fish, which means it could be either one of those too. I fed the fish to the eagle, since I had reserved the food from the house to the wizard, and used them up before feeding him the porridges. I'm not sure does the porridge respawn after Manannan eats the one with the cookie.

Ah ha! The fish makes sense!!! Remember having a rotting fish all the way through SQ6 and finally using it at the very end of the game?? It's all coming together now...

Eventide
Peasant Status

#134 Post by Eventide » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 am

So I've received the consolation aware twice. I wonder, does that award apply if you only met a few of the criteria for another aware but fall short?

Also the Legenimor award: Got the extra item, talked to the guy in black in the burning clearing and still got zip there. I may never know what it takes. >.<!

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#135 Post by Billetwound » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:52 am

ok, just got the Roger Wilco award and the Neat Freak award. Only ones left to get are the consulation award and the lightweight award. So 2 more play thrus and i'll have em all :) I just gotta watch falling on one and getting too many items on the other one. I'll probably have more problems with the consulation award. Its kinda hard not to get any awards.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#136 Post by Xandarius » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 am

To get the Lightweight award, I don't believe it matters how much you carry during the game, but rather how much you hold at the end. Personally, I was only holding the green orb and an eagle feather when I reached the end.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#137 Post by Billetwound » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:15 am

yeah, you're right. i just reloaded my game right before i got on the pirate ship and dropped everything i didn't need. and got the lightweight award for finishing with 2 items. So now its just the consulation award to get :)

Linnau
Peasant Status

#138 Post by Linnau » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Billetwound wrote:ok, just got the Roger Wilco award and the Neat Freak award. Only ones left to get are the consulation award and the lightweight award. So 2 more play thrus and i'll have em all :) I just gotta watch falling on one and getting too many items on the other one. I'll probably have more problems with the consulation award. Its kinda hard not to get any awards.
So what did you need for the Neat Freak? What spot did you miss cleaning?

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#139 Post by Billetwound » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:43 pm

i don't think it was a spot i missed. it might be the amount of times you clean plus all the wizards stuff closed. I just didn't sleep any to speed up time i just kept cleaning. I also kept cleaning while Mannanan was away or sleeping.

Just Got the Consulation Award :) So i have them all now. :hat

Linnau
Peasant Status

#140 Post by Linnau » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Billetwound wrote:i don't think it was a spot i missed. it might be the amount of times you clean plus all the wizards stuff closed. I just didn't sleep any to speed up time i just kept cleaning. I also kept cleaning while Mannanan was away or sleeping.

Just Got the Consulation Award :) So i have them all now. :hat

A screenshot would be cool. You will be remembered in history as the first.. :)

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#141 Post by Billetwound » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm

Doubt i was the 1st. But its still cool none the less :)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#142 Post by DrJones » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:16 pm

Congratulations!

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#143 Post by Chyron_8472 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:31 pm

How does one get Legenimor?

I know who he is, I just don't know how to get the award.
I've both obtained the Item and left it where it was.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#144 Post by Xandarius » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm thinking that to get the Legenimor award you must get the item, talk to the Father, and ask the Oracle about 'oracle' and 'morgelein'. You get these options after the first run of questions about your name, family, sister, etc.. You have to click the talk icon on the Oracle again before she disappears.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#145 Post by Billetwound » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:08 pm

DrJones wrote:Congratulations!
Chyron_8472 wrote:How does one get Legenimor?

I know who he is, I just don't know how to get the award.
I've both obtained the Item and left it where it was.
There's a few different things, you have to have the item on you, have gotten the letter from the desk, and talked to the man in the clearing before the castle. I'm not sure if the after talk with the oracle is needed or not, but i do that anyway. She has 2 things to say while she's fading out.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#146 Post by Chyron_8472 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:12 pm

oh. I didn't think about that.

I found the extra Oracle dialogue after Erpy was talking about 'Enry the 'Ermit and said she has missable stuff.

Linnau
Peasant Status

#147 Post by Linnau » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Congrats, Billetwound. I don't know if you're the first, but I guess you might be the official first :)

I'm still not sure about the sloth award. Is it received for not doing any house chores for the wizard?

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#148 Post by Xandarius » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:17 am

Linnau wrote:I'm still not sure about the sloth award. Is it received for not doing any house chores for the wizard?
I think so. That's the strategy I used, and I got it.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#149 Post by Billetwound » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:08 am

yeah its not doing any chores, i got it when i was going for the Blue Hedgehog award. because feeding him is a chore and feeding the chickens is a chore, so you are either gonna get punished your 3 times which gets you the Problem Child Award(which you will for the 1st one theres no escaping that), or you have to have the cookie ready in the first time you feed Mannanan. And also you can't make the understanding animals spell cause you won't get the chicken feather.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#150 Post by Xandarius » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:09 am

Actually, I got the Sloth award even though I fed Mannanan.