No mp3 format available?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Deirdre the mage
Peasant Status

No mp3 format available?

#1 Post by Deirdre the mage » Sat Feb 09, 2002 2:32 am

It seems that the midi function of my present sound card doesn't seem to work. It would be good if the music was provided in mp3 format. <br><br>I keep getting the error message: Unable to initialize your audio hardware. [Problem: failed to init MIDI music driver] <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub57.ezboard.com/udeirdrethemag ... EN>Deirdre the mage</A> at: 2/8/02 9:12:56 pm<br></i>

Relight
Archival Expert

Re: No mp3 format available?

#2 Post by Relight » Sat Feb 09, 2002 2:54 pm

which music? kq1 vga remake game has a downloadable mp3 pack.<br><br>furthermore, depending what sound card you have .... did you try all the options? some sound cards like sb live require instead for you to pick sb pro if they're to work properly <p></p><i></i>

Deirdre the mage
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Deirdre the mage » Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:58 pm

Soz, missed that one. And the problem still exists. No, there's no options for me to pick. Only fixed choices. Oh well, whatever. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub57.ezboard.com/udeirdrethemag ... EN>Deirdre the mage</A> at: 2/9/02 2:03:11 pm<br></i>

Deirdre the mage
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Deirdre the mage » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:11 pm

Hmmmz... does anyone know what I can do about this?<br><br>Thx! <p></p><i></i>

Neocron
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Neocron » Mon Feb 11, 2002 7:57 pm

On the KQ1VGA website there is an option to download the MP3 music pack. I would suggest downloading that and installing it and see what happens. Besides, the MP3 music pack is just awesome anyway, so I'd recommend it even if you had no problems whatsoever. =)<br><br><br>Neocron<br>Online Community Director<br>Tierra Entertainment <p></p><i></i>

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Feb 12, 2002 9:28 am

From the readme file:<br><br>"NOTE: The drop down selection boxes in the setup program don't appear to work properly, but you can still click on them and then move through the different options with the<br>arrow keys."<br><br>Is that what you mean? This bug will be fixed for good in the next release.<br><br> <p></p><i></i>