Fiddle for Giant?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bpichon
Peasant Status

Fiddle for Giant?

#1 Post by bpichon » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:21 am

GREAT JOB!!<br><br>Can you still play the fiddle for the giant and make him fall asleep? I seem to remember that from the original, but I can't get it to work now. I just killed him with the sling. Thanks!<br><br>BP <p></p><i></i>

Wolfgang Abenteuer

Re: Fiddle for Giant?

#2 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Sat Aug 24, 2002 2:21 am

I just use the ring and make myself invisible and eventually the giant'll fall asleep. Hmmm...if you killed the giant you get less points. Maybe those are the 2 points you're missing...?<br><br>~Wolfgang <p></p><i></i>

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:08 pm

Then whatdoyou do when you're going through the cave that leads down? If the dwarf appears, he'll take some of your stuff. Maybe you are taking the beanstalk?<br><br>Pidgeot<br>-----<br><!--EZCODE ITALIC START--><em>Every error you find is the last one.</em><!--EZCODE ITALIC END--> <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub57.ezboard.com/broyalquestfor ... eot1404</A> at: 3/10/03 10:40:20 am<br></i>

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#4 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:28 pm

Yes, I use the beanstalk. The ring will last long enough for me to allow the giant to fall asleep and also be able to pop it on at a moment's notice should the dwarf appear in the mountain cave.<br><br>~Wolfgang <p></p><i></i>

El Ravager
Knight Status

#5 Post by El Ravager » Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:09 am

That dwarf was a really annoying little bugger. <p>~El Ravager~</p><i></i>

CrazyPoster
Peasant Status

Re: Foot stuck?

#6 Post by CrazyPoster » Mon Dec 23, 2002 2:36 am

When you walk down the cave and the dwarf comes, simply go quickly back from where you came (previous screen). Then you go back again and mostly the dwarf isn't there. The dwarf is random. I had no bigger problem going down the cave even if the dwarf came a couple of times. <p></p><i></i>