A minor KQ2 movement bug

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Cat
Peasant Status

A minor KQ2 movement bug

#1 Post by Cat » Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:54 am

If you are on the screen N of the house (the pond with the small bird), if you enter the water and try to catch the bird with your hands, you can't climb out of the water on the southern shore, only the northern. If you don't try to catch the bird, you (correctly) can exit the pond to either shore. <p></p><i></i>

Bester
Peasant Status

Re: A minor KQ2 movement bug

#2 Post by Bester » Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:32 pm

Figured this was a good place to post my "bug". It is a bug, but I've seen things like this happen in many many commercial games so it's not a big deal.<br><br>In Library(would probably work other places.)<br>Walk out of Library<br>Save during transition to outside.<br>Show up on town screen, but can't move. Stuck in library doorway like I"m on the other side of it. Opeing door and going back in fixes it.<br><br>As I said though things like saving or pulling up dialogues at the wrong time tend to cause this anyway. (even lead to item duplication in certain games)<br><br>Just a dumb thing I did. <p></p><i></i>

Tom Lewandowski
Music Director

Re: A minor KQ2 movement bug

#3 Post by Tom Lewandowski » Thu Dec 05, 2002 6:42 pm

<br>Cat, I had that same problem during a beta test. I've not encountered it since, though -- and it's a pretty easy work-a-round. Leaving the scene, then going back from another direction seemed to clear it up.<br> <p></p><i></i>