KQVGA SBLive sound is choppy¿¿?

Report bugs or find solutions to hardware problems regarding KQ1VGA and KQ2:RTS.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Robbo007
Peasant Status

KQVGA SBLive sound is choppy¿¿?

#1 Post by Robbo007 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:50 am

Hello,<br><br>I am running KQVGA v3.0 and a SBlive with the latest drivers installed from the Creative website, Direct X 9.0b under Windows 2000 SP4.<br><br>The digital sound seems chppy in places. If I select direct X sound it fails to initialize the hardware???<br><br>Is this a known problem or should the sound be as smooth as? <br><br>Rob <p></p><i></i>

dosuser
Defense Minister Status

Re: KQVGA SBLive sound is choppy¿¿?

#2 Post by dosuser » Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:13 am

The "WaveOut" sound option is known to be choppy on some computers -- but you should never have to use it, since the DirectX option is always supposed to work.<br><br>Does the error message when it fails to initialize the audio give you any more information at all?<br><br>One thing to bear in mind is never click away from the game as it is starting up, or this will fail. Make sure you just launch the game then don't click anything until the game window has appeared.<br> <p></p><i></i>

Robbo007
Peasant Status

Re: KQVGA SBLive sound is choppy¿¿?

#3 Post by Robbo007 » Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:18 pm

Got it working by installing again Direct X 9.0b. Then using the Direct X option for sound.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Rob <p></p><i></i>