Leisure Suit Larry 3 vga Cancelled

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#176 Post by Fribbi » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:46 pm

No I don't have it because the e-mails come from many others who thinks I have give my e-mail to comfirm I want over 5.000.000 traffic post to me.

And I have been getting a lot more spams mail now (over 600 spam) in one day. Yes I know that is crazy but I normally only get 5-10 mail in one day. I have really worry now if he is a terroist and he knows how to hack in computes.

He could make a revenge on you Erpy so you better prepare for that too. We are in war against terrorist and this Spanish unknown guy is our enemy now. So you should hide your e-mail too before it will be to late.

He has registered unlegally on my own e-mail on so many host and he has make so many comfirmation on it to let every spammers send me a e-mail.

But I'm going tomorrow to phonecompany so I can let them destroy my e-mail and get a new one and I'm not showing the name of it here for known reason I'm truly sorry about this situation but I wish I could know why he is doing this to me. >:

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#177 Post by Fribbi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:18 pm

To Spanish moron with the big asshole

:cry :cry My old e-mail has now been destroyed. Are you happy now you &#"$ spanish idiot. I have already talked about this to Police because you are in seriously trouble now. Better prepare for your doom asshole. >: :evil

http://www.virtualadverts.com/links.html

This is the link where I have been getting most of the spams. And where he has been using my old e-mail on.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#178 Post by Fribbi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:57 pm

This is one of the spam letters I got on my old e-mail.

Thanks again for posting to our FFA page at: http://www.virtualadverts.com/links.html
Your link has expired, but please feel free to stop by and post again at any tim
e!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>Free PRO at 10.000+ members Safelists!!!

OptinLister Safelist has given 5200+ free PRO memberships
and it's still giving FREE Pro membership!
Get yours now as this will be ending real soon!
http://www.virtualadverts.com/blast2mil ... ffa_links2

AdSolutiOnline Safelist with 4800+ members!
FREE PRO MEMBERSHIP to the FIRST 5000!
HURRY! Click:
http://www.virtualadverts.com/freetools ... ffa_links2
to join PRO now!!
---------------------------------------

*FREE LEADS, FREE SAFELIST,
*FREE UNLIMITED SUPERSPONDERS,
*300MB OF WEB SPACE,
*6 000 LEADS FOR $1.00

Click the link below to learn more!
http://www.virtualadverts.com/clubshop. ... ffa_links2
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See you at the top!

El Demm
eldemm@virtualadverts.com

Notice: This is NOT spam.
You will not receive another mailing unless you post another ad to
our links page located at http://www.virtualadverts.com/links.html
-------------------
Your entry was:
Title: Your friends at AGDI wish you a soon death
URL: http://www.fribbiculo.com
Submitted by: fvs@simnet.is
Time Submitted: Fri Oct 29 11:15:38 MST 2004
Submitter's IP address: 62.82.171.53

Did you noticed the fool has the same IP number he has used here and in my guestbook.

Maybe we could track him down then. :evil

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#179 Post by Alias » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:07 pm

Try not to post everything on here, after all its about your gamenot your spam issues. ;)

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#180 Post by Fribbi » Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:19 pm

Yes I know. But this issue started because of my first demo of Larry and that was the real reason why I had to take it off from the internet. I know it sucks but blame the idiot not me.

But he is not going to stop me from own work. But ok I will stop talking about this issue.

Just make sure he wont come here back Erpy.

This image should show him I'm not giving up on my work.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#181 Post by Fribbi » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:58 pm

I got a treat in my pm here.

To: Fribbi
Posted: 01 Nov 2004 18:24
Subject: We want to deal
Halló Fribbi,
all of us want to put an end to this conflict, so if you are willing to end this spam madness once and for all you must do as follows: Record your voice in a audio file saying: "Hi, my name is Fribbi, and im S.I.S entertainer" and upload it to some webspace. That oportunity will never repeat itself so þú gera út um.

stríð , blóð og réttlæti

It seems to me now he can write Icelandic too.

stríð, blóð og réttlæti means in English: war,blood, and justice.

Does anybody knows what S.I.S stands for?

To BOD

There is no need to treat me with this usless treat message here. You will be banned here again for sure. Don't treat me again with this rubbish.

Just answer me why are you doing this to me? Do I know you or do you know me? What have I done to you other than ban you from this forums. I think you must be talking to wrong guy. And I'm not going to do this voice clip for you. End of story.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#182 Post by Erpy » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:24 pm

Acknowledging these kinds of things is too much honor. Just pass them on to the admins here.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#183 Post by Fribbi » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:34 pm

I need a big help now again.

What is the code for how to switching the gameplayer character? As you know Larry will not be the only gameplayer you have to handle with so I need to know how I can change the main player character to another character.

What is the code for scolling the picture left to right, and scrolling the picture up to down.

And I need a big help how to create a creditlist.

And I need a code how to let a object appear suddenly on the screen thanks.

And here is just a little jewel to you all.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#184 Post by Erpy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:00 pm

What is the code for how to switching the gameplayer character? As you know Larry will not be the only gameplayer you have to handle with so I need to know how I can change the main player character to another character.
Well, the official function is SetPlayerCharacter(character name). The question is, why use a new player character? It's probably better to simply change the view of EGO from the Larry-view to the Patti-view. That'll avoid nasty crashes at points where you originally used code to move the player character around.
What is the code for scolling the picture left to right, and scrolling the picture up to down.
First of all, you'll need to have a room that's bigger than the usual 320x200. By default, the room will follow the character as he moves around. In order to avoid this, use the following code in the "before fadein"-script of the room. Let's assume the room you're in is 640 wide and 400 high. Also, let's assume the player character starts in the northwest corner.

Code: Select all

SetViewPort(0,0);
In order to make the room scroll with your script, use a code like this:

short x,y;

while (x<=160) {

SetViewPort(x*2,0);
Wait(1);
x++;
}

while (y<=100) {

SetViewPort(320,y*2);
Wait(1);
y++;
}
This will scroll your screen to the right first and then down. Of course, you can scroll it diagonally, but that's a bit trickier unless the screen scrolls just as many pixels down as it does to the right. (or half as many pixels, etc...)

And I need a big help how to create a creditlist.
The most simple form of a credit list is simply a series of Display-functions with brackets to separate the different entries. What exactly are you looking for?
And I need a code how to let a object appear suddenly on the screen thanks.

ObjectOn(object);
And here is just a little jewel to you all.
Looks really good.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#185 Post by Fribbi » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:27 pm

Well to answer your question why I need to change the gameplayer.

The game is a half story about Larry and it change into Patti story as soon as Larry makes a big score with her in the hotel room.

About the credit list I am trying to work on is just a simple scrolling text like you have seen in most movies.

And It would be great if someone could teach how to make it look like as a Starwars intro text.

I was playing the newest game "Two of a kinds" and I really want to learn how to make that wonderful typing text.

And yeah I also want to thank you very much about the codes and your comment about the picture. It is much better than my old one. I have working one the same background i showed you in my last demo too. Because it was so blured and hideous. I'm trying to work on those pictures as best I can. I just don't want to make more angry fans again.

About the object shall I place the object first where I want it to be and use the invisible button?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#186 Post by Erpy » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:44 pm

Well to answer your question why I need to change the gameplayer.

The game is a half story about Larry and it change into Patti story as soon as Larry makes a big score with her in the hotel room.
I realize that, but you'll save yourself a lot of trouble if you simply use the ChangeCharacterView function to make Larry LOOK like Patti. That way, you can keep using the EGO character. The SetPlayerCharacter-function is only for Maniac Mansion-like games where there's multiple characters in the game at a time.

Regarding Starwars-credits, it's probably best to make the credits-text blocks in a graphic program and import them as sprites. Put the sprites into a view, set that view to a character and make the character walk slowly north among a walkable area that has gradual scaling.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#187 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:03 pm

Looking good, Fribbi. Your latest picture is among the best!

Bt

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#188 Post by Fribbi » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:13 pm

Thanks BlackThorne and here is the newest screenshot for this week.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#189 Post by Alias » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:46 pm

I love your work. But you should focus a bit more on shading, it makes all the difference heres a one minute job:

I just added shading, and fixed the tree overlapping the background image. ;) IF you need pointers do ask.

dreammaster
Royal Servant Status

#190 Post by dreammaster » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Actually, I like the original better - the shaded version makes the back of the front trees too dark. The original more plainly showed that the trees were cut-outs with buttressing.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#191 Post by Swift » Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:05 am

Nice work, Fribbi!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#192 Post by Alias » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:24 am

dreammaster wrote:Actually, I like the original better - the shaded version makes the back of the front trees too dark. The original more plainly showed that the trees were cut-outs with buttressing.
It was a quick suggestion. ;)

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#193 Post by Fribbi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:21 am

Well as you can see I haven't change the background very much because I am focusing on all of the possible sprites I can use with this game now.

Actually the trees are made of paper so I added something on that so it will look like a paper tree.

Image (don't laugh).....ok if you must....laugh then.

Ok I shall translate this all.

In the top texts says "Not for girls" and in the red label "Strongly forbidden within 18 years age" and in the next subtitles says "When you buy Leisure suit Larry Magna Cum Laude in BT (computershop)* you will get fvs (me) as a free bonus."

And in the yellow label are just the price for both Pc version and Ps2 in Iceland.

in the next rd label says "Only pleasure of fun".

And in the last text says:

"Leisure Suit Larry and Yourke.....not for girls".

* http://www.bt.is

Hahahahahahahahaha :rollin :rollin
Last edited by Fribbi on Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#194 Post by Alias » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:34 am

That sprite is from VSB. :lol
Do you have the beatrice one by any chance?

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#195 Post by Fribbi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:34 pm

That sprite is from VSB.
Do you have the beatrice one by any chance?
1. Yes I know that. But is that is not a new news to me because every screenshots pictures from my lsl3 game are ripped from original lsl3 game. :lol

2. No.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#196 Post by Alias » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:38 pm

owww. I really should have saved the bea sprite, it was funky. :D

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#197 Post by Fribbi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:55 pm

Speaking of sprites I had to go to therapy after I drow this sprite.
I mean what was I thinking about? Hehehehe. :rollin

And no I'm not gay. I'm only trying to work on my game and this little sprite is suppose to be in that game sorry folks and don't hate me after this. :p

Warning what you are going to see is not for kids, girls or for heart weak people!

Ready?

Steady?

(it's not there anymore, is it?)

Once again don't blame me for this please...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#198 Post by Erpy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:27 pm

Well, I find it hard to put the blame on someone else, unless the gremlins uploaded that picture in your place.

For the record, warning in advance that you're gonna break the forum rules doesn't make it less of a violation. After all these years, you of all people should really know better Fribbi.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#199 Post by Fribbi » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:39 am

:o Oh all right Erpy sorry about that nudejoke. But blame Al Lowe for that not me. I'm only remaking his game. I shall send the unaked sprite of Larry and in more clothes next time hehehe! :lol :p

Is this sprite of Passionate Patti OK Erpy? Image :D
Last edited by Fribbi on Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#200 Post by Alias » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:41 am

Not bad. ;)