Hero6

This is a public forum, where you can find out everything you wanted to know about making games. Please don't use this forum as a place to recruit new members.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Radiant
Knight Status

true

#51 Post by Radiant » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:53 am

Yes, they could. Then again, so could Rakeesh, and he was felled by a single dart.
To make it more interesting, if the wife was anyone but Erana, she could have been involved in some pretty shady activities herself, which caught up with her. Or, instead, the hero could be removed and the wife has to find him (which still allows for character classes, e.g. fighter = Elsa, wizard = Katrina, thief = Nawar, paladin = Erana). Or they could team up... between the two of them they could probably level a small country.
I'm not actually saying a QfG6 would be a good idea... but sequels have been created from less likely situations (e.g. the main hero dying, for instance)

Irrious
Peasant Status

#52 Post by Irrious » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:02 am

Hero6 has problems because it's really big but unorganized and when you get an assignment and turn it in, people who should be checking it either just reject it without giving it a chance or tell you to change it so much you just dont feel like doing anything for hero6 for another 6 months or they just dont get around to checking it and giving feedback. I stopped doing work for hero6 a long time ago, and I've been working on my own game for the past 2 years. It'll probably be out with a decent demo before this christmas. I'm doing this 99% by myself too.

Irrious
Peasant Status

#53 Post by Irrious » Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:03 am

And QFG 2 was the best. That's why this remake is going to pwn so many consecutive asses. =P

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#54 Post by Erpy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:18 am

When looking at the Hero6 forums and the post above, I notice former H6-members coming out and complaining about the project almost becoming a trend. Maybe it's the approaching winter that does it.

Last edited by Erpy on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#55 Post by Gronagor » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:52 am

Strange how people who barely did anything are the first ones to complain.

Irrious, I think I know who you are, and the point is: We never should have let you in. Members like you caused the incredible slow down of the project. Come in, hand in below par work, and leave which causes us to redo the work, which would have been done if we have done it ourselves from the start.

Radiant
Knight Status

#56 Post by Radiant » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:38 am

Okay... so a new account appears and with his first couple of posts does nothing else than badmouth a known and respected adventure game project. Sour grapes, anyone?
I think if you have issues with them you should talk it over, or just go your separate ways - there's no point in going public with your grievances, it's rather immature actually.

deltamatrix
Knight Status

#57 Post by deltamatrix » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:18 pm

LOL!

I ain't contributed to Hero6 for a while either I must admit. Sure its disorganised but I was willing to help at least which is more than I can say for some. I still have work to do and I will do it. Its up to you whether you believe me on that.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#58 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:50 pm

I'm sick of hearing bad things about Hero6. I mean, after I got into the game-making-remaking buisness, I learned IT'S NOT EASY. Things can get out of control, and away from you and it sucks - but the fact that they are still around, and still going - it means a game will be released. So quit worrying. It's not like this is a paying gig.

Besides, I really dug the demo where you woke up next to the river/fountain and talked to that babe. It was quality.

Bt

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#59 Post by Erpy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:39 am

Besides, I really dug the demo where you woke up next to the river/fountain and talked to that babe. It was quality.
I'm sure AGD2 would be flattered to hear that. :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#60 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:28 am

Erpy wrote:
I looks great, I mean it.

Bt

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#61 Post by Gronagor » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:52 am

Erpy wrote:

Heh. :) AGD2 did do the most important colouring on that screen. Yeah. True. :) (Although it changed since then)
And AGD2 did edit my sprite of that 'babe'. True. Yeah... he did a lot of work on that demo. :) Ok we all did, but if I remember correctly it was AGD2 who pushed most for that demo. He wanted it done in AGS.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#62 Post by Erpy » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:05 am

I remember that one. MAD wasn't ready for it yet, apparantly, so AGD2 downloaded AGS and helped construct that demo. It was the first thing he ever scripted in AGS. :)

deltamatrix
Knight Status

#63 Post by deltamatrix » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:54 pm

I've said it before. I'll say it again.

Greenleaf is a stupid name for a fit babe.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: ...

#64 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:13 pm

deltamatrix wrote:I've said it before. I'll say it again.

Greenleaf is a stupid name for a fit babe.
It's not a stupid name for an Elf name Legolas, Heh heh!

Bt