GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:10 am

Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay ... it's not that I'm a Red Sox fan ... it's that I hate the Yankees. And, they choked, seriously choked. So, I am a happy Steffi. woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :lol :lol

Keenermart
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Keenermart » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:41 am

I'm so very glad the Yankees lost... cause I hate them too... but I really stopped caring too much when the Braves lost. :cry

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#3 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:06 am

Quite possibly the best comeback in (US) sports history. The Sox have earned it. Damon completely redeemed himself with his game tonight. 2 HR, 6 RBI. I still don't get why Francona took out Lowe, when he only had 69 pitches and was simply blowing the Yankees away, but at least the Sox won.

Now it's onto the WS, hopefully against the 'Stros. GO BOSOX!!!

~Wolfgang

The Knight
King of Men

#4 Post by The Knight » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:19 am

GO CURSE! :p

Wodball
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Wodball » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:20 am

I'm a Yankee hater as well. Actually, I'm a Mets fan, so I pride myself on cheering for other teams killing the Yankees.

Anyone think Torre is going to get fired? Because Steinbrenner is going to fire someone... and Torre was supposed to get fired last season after the whole Marlins thing.

--Woody

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#6 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:09 am

I'd imagine even the janitors at Yankee Stadium will be fired when The Boss goes on his rampage. :D Yeah, Torre will probably go, unfortunately. He's an awesome manager that wasn't given the better team this year, but that's the reality of the situation, and even doubly so in NY. I'd imagine Cashman would be gone, too, along with several players and/or coaches. This team had tons of talent but bugger all chemistry. The Yankees of the late '90s and early 2000's didn't have as much talent as this team did, but had amazing chemistry. Jeter, Bernie, O'Neill, Brosius, then the starting rotation of Clemens, Pettite, Wells, and Mussina. The rotation and the overall team feel of the club was what the Yankees lacked this year. Something the Sox have plenty of, 'twould seem.

How about the new Curse of the A-Rod?! :D A-Rod leaves Seattle, Seattle wins 116 games. A-Rod leaves Texas, Texas becomes a contender for the first time in years, which is great considering they're in the same division as the Angels and the A's. A-Rod goes to the Yankees, and the $180m payroll team has a choke of historical proportions and loses 4 games in a row to their franchise rivals - capped by an underhanded (no pun intended) slap to the glove of the pitcher trying to tag him out. Maybe he's like a bad luck charm or something. ;)

~Wolfgang

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#7 Post by Kurdt » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:38 am

Man, I'm happy for the Bosox, I really am. They were the team I played on in Little League for 2 years. The BoSox are my second team and it was great to see them rock the Yankees like they were children. HOWEVER, the Astros are my first, and as much as I want the Curse of the Bambino to go away, I want the Astros to win so badly it makes my eyes bleed. I've been with the 'Stros through the good times, the bad times, the strikes, the missed opportunities, and every single choke they suffered at the hands of the Braves (who we SCHOOLED!!!!), and this is it. This is me praying and glued to the TV tomorrow night. Go Astros!!! Let's take it to the series for the first time in franchise history!!!!

[FYI: The Astros have never before made it past the first round of playoffs in their 40yr history, so the fact that they came this far is cause enough for amazement.]

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#8 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:32 pm

I really hope the Astros resign Beltran. That guy has been amazing in the postseason. That, and that means he won't end up in pinstripes next year, which nobody really wants to see. ;)

Yeah, I'd love to see an Astros-Red Sox WS, but the 'Stros still have to get by the Cardinals. Game 7 today, Clemens is going. I think Garner made the good move by giving Clemens 4 days rest and pitching Munro yesterday rather than trying to get one win with both Clemens and Oswalt (if Clemens hadn't won game 6) on 3 days rest. It didn't work out yesterday, although they came close to clinching it, but I still thing he made the right decision. You have a fully rested Clemens starting with Oswalt in the pen in case he needs relief. The one problem is I wonder if Lidge can pitch again today. He's been really worked the last few games, so hopefully the offense can give a big enough lead so that they won't need him. If the bats can do what they've done all postseason, this game should be a lock.

Then again...that's what the Yankees thought with one inning to go and Mo on the mound in Game 4, and we see how THAT turned out! :D
[FYI: The Astros have never before made it past the first round of playoffs in their 40yr history, so the fact that they came this far is cause enough for amazement.]
That's pretty much the reason I want them to win. The Rangers, Astros, Rockies, Devil Rays, Expos, and (sadly) the Mariners are the only teams never to have won a World Series title, so I'm always rooting for the guys who have never done it. Unless they're playing the Mariners, of course. :) It was great to see the 2002 Angels do what they did. That was some amazing postseason ball from an unlikely team.

~Wolfgang

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:46 pm

Yeah, I can't believe they won.

I don't really care BUUUUUUTTT, my girlfriend is a Boston Red Sox fan. Hence I care.

Bt

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#10 Post by Uhanimar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:24 pm

I hate sports and i hate the yankees....

So i almost wet me pants when i saw them win....

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:18 pm

one person on the yankees i do love is Mussina ... although he abandoned my O's ... got to meet him when i was 15, he even let me give him a hug. wow, i'm a girl. but yeah. love of one pitcher isn't enough to make me love the yankees, that's for damn sure.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#12 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:03 pm

Moose was their only really ace pitcher this year, and that's what cost them in the long run. They tried to make a slug-it-out-and-forget-about-pitching team a-la Texas Rangers circa 2001, and it didn't work. Hehe. :evil

Sorry to hear about the Astros, Kurdt. They made a great try of it, and really went farther than most people expected them to. I wish the M's made it half as far as the 'Stros did this year. :\

~Wolfgang

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#13 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:14 am

And a well deserved BUMP for the new World Series Champions, the Boston Red Sox. First time since 1918 that they have been able to celebrate this in the city of Boston. Many people were born Sox fans, and many have died, never getting to experience this moment. So for all you Sox fans out there, congrats and enjoy it. You earned it (after monstrously stomping on the Cardinals, might I add).

~Wolfgang

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#14 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:15 am

HUZZAH!

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#15 Post by Kurdt » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:57 pm

I can't believe I live in an era where the Curse of the Bambino has been shattered. It's...surreal. And, of all things, the final out was a grounder to 1st! The irony was just delicious. It was truly some amazing baseball. Amazing.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:52 pm

WOOT!

Bt