Interesting....

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

Interesting....

#1 Post by Khaveen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:49 pm

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Alias » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:58 pm

I always thought of that game as a KQ rip off. The interface sucked.  :lol

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by Khaveen » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Don't you dare to offend the first quest game I played. :evil

The backgrounds are very pretty there, btw.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:40 am

I've heard a lot of good things about the Kyrandia series. I've had the 3rd one for a while but have never played it and got ahold of the first one a while back. Haven't had time to try it, though.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Kyrandia versus KQ

#5 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:29 am

The first four adventure games I ever played (back on the old 286/16) were Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, The Secret of Monkey Island, The Legend of Kyrandia: Fables and Fiends, and King's Quest V.  I have a special place in my heart for each.

I will admit the interface was quite different, but I personally liked it.  However, I never really thought the sequels ever truly captured the magic of the first game.  I got the Collection edition a long time ago and it certainly was worth it.

And for everyone else saying how KQ5 is their favorite because it was their first...not me.  V was my first, but VI shall always be my favorite.  As a matter of fact, I think I'll go play it again right now...

<scampers off to save Cassima...again :lol >

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Alias » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:26 am

You must admit LoK is pretty much a KQ rip off, why would they have that sticker on there then? The interface was really badly done because everything was a bit obvious. The puzzles were pretty weak too. You must admit that Sierra was the leader back then, nobody made 'em like Sierra until they got shut down. I was so sad when SQ7 was canceld, it was truly the best looking 3D game sierra would ever of made so far.  :cry