Weird Dreams

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

Weird Dreams

#1 Post by Music Head » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Ok, this may seem a little strange but do you guys know how on the back of the Weeties cereal box it has this guy in a weeties costume, i keep having dreams that he's like 100x bigger and is chasing me with a sponn trying to eat me.

What are your weird dreams??

Just thought it would be nice to share

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Alias » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:26 pm

Looks like we have a nut at AGDI!  :lol

Im just joking, well maybe you shouldent go to sleep, drink lots of cofee then you will never have to fear the weeties monster.  ;)

:rollin

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Don't mind Reptile. He wasn't around yet when one of the forum members dreamt she was married to me. (and Broomie was our butler :) )

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Music Head » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:53 pm

Erpy wrote:Don't mind Reptile. He wasn't around yet when one of the forum members dreamt she was married to me. (and Broomie was our butler :) )

lol, what the???

It's like  1am here so for the first time in my life i'm gonna try and see if i can stay up all night. "Can't sleep weetie will eat em, can't sleep weetie will eat me" :lol
Last edited by Music Head on Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#5 Post by Swift » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:58 pm

I wish I had read it. :(

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Alias » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:32 pm

Erpy wrote:Don't mind Reptile. He wasn't around yet when one of the forum members dreamt she was married to me. (and Broomie was our butler :) )

:lol

PLEASE, find that thread for me.  :D

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#7 Post by Swift » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:33 pm

There's a good chance that thread is lost, though I'm not sure. :(

Jafar
Super Star

#8 Post by Jafar » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:35 pm

I'm pretty sure it's lost. :(

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Alias » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:09 pm

Any idea what the thread was called?

Broomie
The Enigma

#10 Post by Broomie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:52 pm

I believe it was something like "I had a weird dream last night."

Don't forget Erpy, I got jealous of your marriage and thus getting fired. Tore me real deep inside.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#11 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:54 pm

Didn't Vildern or someone get turned into a cat and stuffed into a mailbox?

Broomie
The Enigma

#12 Post by Broomie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:32 pm

There were alot of things, that being one of them IIRC.  I believe The Knight was the lifeguard also.

*waits for hundreds of posts from newcomers saying "Huh?" :p

rosel1
Knight Status

#13 Post by rosel1 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:43 am

I vaguely remember that thread.  Not sure what happened to it, though.

LOL, I remember a really weird dream I had...

I dreamt I was one of four sisters in Victorian England.  It was my eldest sister's wedding day...and the church was pale white and covered with roses.  The priest was very strange...and I feared him from the beginning of the dream.  I soon found out why, when lifting the dark hood of his cloak...he revealed to all that he was in fact...

Santa Claus...but a demonic Santa Claus wielding a knife.  Needless to say, there were many casualties!

Someone please explain that one to me....it made absolutely no sense  :p!

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#14 Post by Charlemagne » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:09 am

Don't worry rosel, the few dreams I've remembered over the years (and then subsequently forgotten) have all been even more surreal. So surreal, in fact, that I think trying to explain them is either impossible or would reveal things about me that mortal man was never meant to know. :p

As for the single dream that I can currently remember, it's far to weird and Monty Python-esque for me to share. If I did, it would instantly destroy the cooly aloof persona I've been cultivating ever since I joined. :hat :lol

Kloreep
Knight Status

#15 Post by Kloreep » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:44 am

I generally don't remember my dreams. Those I do remember tend to be nightmares. I don't think I've remembered a dream in at least a year.

Makes it interesting to hear about others' dreams. :) It's a part of others' life I happen not to really have, and I think I tend to put less stock in them because of that.
rosel1 wrote:Santa Claus...but a demonic Santa Claus wielding a knife.  Needless to say, there were many casualties!

Someone please explain that one to me....it made absolutely no sense  :p!
Unless you watch Futurama, I have no explanation. ;) And even then it would be an explanation of "oh, it was your brain recycling that."

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#16 Post by TakariFreak » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:36 am

Oh Gods...you brought THAT up, lol.

Yes, Broomie was the jealous bulter who got fired.

T-knight was the bodyguard who shoved neighbor Vildern into the mailbox, thus turning him into a cat.

Not to mention we had 8 kids and a pet dragon...

PLEASE tell me that thread is saved somewhere...I'd love to go back and read it.

Man, thats almost 2 years old now...it was in like April 2003, I think.  Or March.  Or May.  Somewhere around there.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#17 Post by Swift » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:25 am

I tried looking for it, but I can't find it. I think it's as good as gone.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#18 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:45 pm

I did some direct queries to the database looking for it, but it appears to have been deleted at some point.... sorry.

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

#19 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:18 pm

I don't feel like typing it again, so i'll copy and paste what I wrote on a journal a while back.

I think a couple things may have influenced this dream:

-The movie waking life
-Dawn of the Dead (Strange, cause i've only seen this once, and I think it was about a year ago now)
-the african movie we're watching in my francophone cultures class
-nintendo.

This dream kind of changes from a weird dream to more like a video game to more like a philosophical dream world about the way we think, and what happens in our dreams. It was weird. And bear in mind that I kept waking up and falling back asleep. Those are the kind of "broken" parts.

So, here's how it goes. My dad buys a pet tiger (not sure why) and it's all flippen sweet till it runs out in the road. My dad sees a car coming towards it, and runs to save it and gets hit by the car. So of course, i run out there to see how he is, and his leg is broken so it's actually angled forward.

So basically, I'm just like, "whatev, we'll take you to the hospital up the street, and you'll be fixed up in no time!" I don't know if any of you know where I live, but if you drive up my street (148th) you'll reach safeway on the right, and some apartments on the left. those apartments were not there, and there was a tiny hospital in place of them. The strange thing is now everything is really hot, and moist, and there's a lot of palm trees (kinda like that african movie i'm watching). So basically, they wheel him in, and I don't see him for the rest of the dream.

Now, at this point, i meet some unnamed characters that are important throughout the story. Throughout this dream, i keep travelling back and forth between these two worlds, one the dream, and the other is where everyone goes when they dream. The latter is a parking garage. Everyone goes here when you dream (it's implied, but you only run into like 3 or 4 people, so it must be really big.) in this parking garage, everyone's true thoughts and feelings come out, and you can't lie. Among the people that i meet are a married couple who are in an argument in the real life. I also meet some girl who follows me around from this point forward, but she isn't involved in any of the story.

So i come back to, and i decide i need to leave the hospital for some reason. Well too bad. it has security camera's, and they're going to get me. It kinda changes into a video game here, (kinda like old zelda) and i start walking around the view of the video cameras, and I accidently set off the last camera, and "they" come chasing after me. So i make a break for it and start running.

So now, the ground is breaking up and falling into blackness behind me. I'm running, just barely escaping it as it comes at me, but finally, i get caught. The next thing I know, i'm kind of in a world view, and I can go to any part of the world i want (just like a video game). So I decide to go to this mountain with a cave. I go inside, and there's an old man. at this point i'm on some kind of mission (it might be that i just don't remember how i came to receive this mission). I think it's to rid evil of the world, or something equally ballsy. the old man says, "if you want to ..[rid evil of the world].. you'll need the purple crown, which can only be forged from the yellow crown, the blue crown, and the green crown." He also said something about silver being the holy metal. I'm like, whatev, and walk out of the cave.

Now I'm back in the dream world. This is where it kind of gets scary. I meet that couple again, and the lady tells me her plans, and I "see" her doing this. She says she's going to make cookies for her husband, but poison them. and as she's saying these things, i see through her eyes to see her hands making the cookies, and her just saying "I'll show him. yeah, i'll show him."

Finally, i run into some other people, and i say something that triggers them to start turning into zombies. or more act like zombies. so these guys are cornering me in the parking garage, and there's suddenly a rack of bolts of each kind of metal, and I grab a silver one and hold it up, and they all start hissing and backing away, but of course i drop it. Finally, i look at one of them, and i suddenly realize he's one of the actors from monty python. I turn to the girl who's following me and say, "look! he's from monty python!" and so they get even more mad and corner me and get closer and closer until...

i wake up.

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#20 Post by Amayirot Akago » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:14 pm

I've had my share of weird dreams over the years, and the few I've had as of late are no exception.

A few weeks back I dreamt I was walking the streets at night, looking for where the cinema was. After a while of searching street after street, I came to realize it was in a different city.

Then later I dreamt I was riding my bike on a somewhat hilly road, with grass as far as the eye could see on the left and a large river with a city on the other side on the right. Anyways, I rode my bike down the road towards a small bridge. There I had to continue on foot and climb up some stairs. When I got to the top, I found myself below the stairs, surrounded by long grass all around me. There was a small hole in front of me leading into the river, which I tried to crawl through.

That's all I can remember. Man, if I were to write down all the travels I've made through my subconcious over the years I'd have enough material to make my own anime :lol

rosel1
Knight Status

#21 Post by rosel1 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 pm

Charlemagne wrote:Don't worry rosel, the few dreams I've remembered over the years (and then subsequently forgotten) have all been even more surreal. So surreal, in fact, that I think trying to explain them is either impossible or would reveal things about me that mortal man was never meant to know. :p

As for the single dream that I can currently remember, it's far to weird and Monty Python-esque for me to share. If I did, it would instantly destroy the cooly aloof persona I've been cultivating ever since I joined. :hat :lol
LOL...this dream...?  It's one of my more sane dreams.  Like you, I wouldn't even dream of sharing the other ones :p.  Erpy would have to lock this thread, and that would be a real shame :D.
Kloreep wrote:Unless you watch Futurama, I have no explanation. ;)
Never seen it.  I basically watch Law & Order (all three versions).  I don't think Law & Order caused any disorder in my dream patterns  :p.

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#22 Post by Vildern » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:05 pm

Man, thats almost 2 years old now...
Gosh, has it really been two years? Man....

That's just... so long ago.