Quick Note about Private Messages

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Quick Note about Private Messages

#1 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue May 03, 2005 6:18 am

I received several notices in my Email that I had Private Messages here; when I  checked my inbox here, there were no new messages - so if anyone has sent me private messages, and I haven't responded, please know that I never got them.  

Please resend them, or feel free to email me - alexansg@yahoo.com  

Thanks!

Bt

Music Head
Defense Minister Status

#2 Post by Music Head » Tue May 03, 2005 6:49 am

mabey your inbox limit is full

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#3 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:12 am

No, I get that alot aswell, and my inbox isn't even 50%. I quite often get an email saying "you have a new private message" go and check and its not there.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#4 Post by VampD3 » Tue May 03, 2005 7:38 am

Often I never get an email notifying me of a PM so after I manually check and read them a few days later I get the email(s) informing me I have a PM lol.

This post was brought to you by Angelus the almighty

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Tue May 03, 2005 11:46 pm

BT, I responded to your email. I rarely check the address you sent that to me at though.

As far as PM's go, you have 4 boxes. Inbox, Sentbox, Outbox, and Savebox. When you create a PM, it is sent to your outbox, and an email notification is sent to the person you PM'ed. If you delete the message out of your outbox before they open it, it will be deleted from their inbox as well. This basically allows you to take back what you PM'ed or edit it. Once the person opens your PM, it will be moved from your outbox to your sentbox. If you delete messages from your sentbox, it won't affect the recipient.

I think a lot of people don't understand how the boxes work, and delete the messages out of the outbox thinking they are saving themselves room. I'm pretty sure this is where the false email notifications come from.

Radiant
Knight Status

#6 Post by Radiant » Mon May 09, 2005 9:44 am

Hm, maybe a line or two could be added to the PM pages to explain just that?