The Star Wars Thread: Can you feel the force?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

The Star Wars Thread: Can you feel the force?

#1 Post by Angelus3K » Thu May 19, 2005 11:20 am

I read somewhere that in Episode IV Obi Wan tells Luke that he has never seen the droids before and doesnt know who they are. (And probably vice versa, when they all should damn well know who each other is.)

Cant be bothered to check my DVD but I'm sure its true.

You guys know of any other discrepancies?

(No Episode III spoilers please!)
Last edited by Angelus3K on Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

techie775
Knight Status

#2 Post by techie775 » Thu May 19, 2005 12:31 pm

sigh... Obi wan doesn't say he has never seen the droids before, he says he says he's never OWNED a droid (which is true, him being a jedi knight no poessions)  Plus did you ever notice all the R2 Units look the same (some have diffenerent color) so I wouldn't expect him to say "this is the same droid I worked with 20 years ago" There are contradictions but I've noticed most of them go along with the expanded univerise books and george is the creator so he can do what he wants.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Thu May 19, 2005 12:39 pm

Thanks for clearing that up. I would of thought it'd be a big mistake to make.

In eps IV - VI do C3PO and R2D2 ever mention being together before hand?

Da_elf
Knight Status

#4 Post by Da_elf » Thu May 19, 2005 1:40 pm

well they started off together in part IV and somehow i dont know if droids enjoy thinking back to all the good old times

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#5 Post by Charlemagne » Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 pm

Heh. After I saw episode one I assumed their memories were erased sometime between ep. 2 and ep 4. But maybe they were just too traumatised to talk about "the good ol' days". :)

Relight
Archival Expert

#6 Post by Relight » Thu May 19, 2005 7:40 pm

Spoiler.

[spoiler]I think C3PO's memory gets wiped, but not R2D2's. At least that's what I've heard.[/spoiler]

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu May 19, 2005 8:26 pm

Relight wrote:Spoiler.

[spoiler]I think C3PO's memory gets wiped, but not R2D2's. At least that's what I've heard.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Bail Organa has C3P0's memory wiped in Episode III.  R2 still retains his.[/spoiler]

Bt

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#8 Post by Angelus3K » Thu May 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Relight wrote:Spoiler.

[spoiler]Bail Organa has C3P0's memory wiped in Episode III.  R2 still retains his.[/spoiler]

Bt
Hopefullly we'll find out why in Ep3?

Also wondering why did Lucas wait all those years between Episode VI and Episode I, what the hell was he doing??

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:14 pm

Angelus3K wrote: Also wondering why did Lucas wait all those years between Episode VI and Episode I, what the hell was he doing??
Developing the movie-making technology, so he could do his films with no restraints.  In that time, his companies and technologies created include: ILM, THX & Skywalker Sound, Pixar, EditDroid(Which was sold to AVID, which now makes the most commonly used computer editing stations in the buisness) and many other movie companies and technologies.

Bt

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Renodox » Fri May 20, 2005 3:31 pm

I'd say the biggest mistake was the way that Obi Wan referred to how "he thought he could train Anakin as well as Yoda but was wrong."  It sounded like he went against the Jedi Order's proper channels.  Instead, in Episode I he was "assigned" to train Anakin.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#11 Post by Da_elf » Fri May 20, 2005 3:54 pm

if you remember correctly the jedi council never wanted to train anakin

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Fri May 20, 2005 4:19 pm

I guess there's some inconsistencies between the original trilogy and the prequels.

When Vader confronts Obi-Wan on the death star in ANH, he mentions he was still a pupil, but in reality, he was a full-fledged jedi in episode 3.

Vader's response (Obi-wan once thought as you do) to Luke's request (Come with me) doesn't reference to anything in episode 3.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#13 Post by Da_elf » Fri May 20, 2005 4:23 pm

maybe its for something in Episode 3.5 with the title "The Stuff we will never see but links 3 and 4"

Broomie
The Enigma

#14 Post by Broomie » Fri May 20, 2005 4:40 pm

I had to ruin everyone's fun. I'm sorry.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1226

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#15 Post by Alias » Fri May 20, 2005 7:38 pm

Pretty funny.

daventry
Knight Status

#16 Post by daventry » Fri May 20, 2005 11:43 pm

I watched the movie Thursday and it was awsome.

The movie did answer allot of questions like Goerge said, but some questions are still not answered.
===========================================================
1. A New Hope - Obi Wan says to Luke that his Father wanted to give his Lightsaber when Luke is old enough, but Luke's uncle would not have it.

When did Anekin say this or give his Lightsaber to Ben and why did Luke's Uncle say Ben is a crazy old man who is dead.

2. Return of the Jedi - Leia tells Luke she saw bits and images of her Mother when she was very young and that her Mother was sad.

In the Movie she was in Ben's arms when her Mother died, so she never got a look at her Mother. Oh yea, did all holograms got erased aswell.
===========================================================
I still see a gap between Movie 4 5 6 with questions to missing answers, so i hope they answer the questions in the TV Series Goerge is making that takes place between 3 & 4.

I also read something somewhere there will be a TV Series that takes place after Return of the Jedi but it will not make the return of the original Cast. I do hope for a Star Wars Movie 7 8 9.

Thepal
Knight Status

#17 Post by Thepal » Sat May 21, 2005 1:16 am

Erpy wrote:When Vader confronts Obi-Wan on the death star in ANH, he mentions he was still a pupil, but in reality, he was a full-fledged jedi in episode 3.
[spoiler]"I've been waiting for you, Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

That is true enough. Obi-wan was a Jedi Master in Ep 3, but Anakin wasn't. So Obi was still higher in the ranks.[/spoiler]
Vader's response (Obi-wan once thought as you do) to Luke's request (Come with me) doesn't reference to anything in episode 3.
[spoiler]Can't argue with that one. Obi-wan went straight in for the kill. There might have been one line about turning back to the good side... Can't remember.[/spoiler]
1. A New Hope - Obi Wan says to Luke that his Father wanted to give his Lightsaber when Luke is old enough, but Luke's uncle would not have it.

When did Anekin say this or give his Lightsaber to Ben and why did Luke's Uncle say Ben is a crazy old man who is dead.
Obi could have made the first part up. As for the second part, Ep 4 explains that. The uncle basically didn't want Luke going and getting into trouble. Besides, he might think the same thing would happen to him as happened to Anakin.
2. Return of the Jedi - Leia tells Luke she saw bits and images of her Mother when she was very young and that her Mother was sad.
LUKE - What do you remember?

LEIA - Just...images, really. Feelings.

So, she doesn't actually say they are memories. They are more feelings she gets, from the force one would assume.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#18 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat May 21, 2005 1:26 am

Thepal wrote:
Erpy wrote:When Vader confronts Obi-Wan on the death star in ANH, he mentions he was still a pupil, but in reality, he was a full-fledged jedi in episode 3.
[spoiler]"I've been waiting for you, Obi-wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

That is true enough. Obi-wan was a Jedi Master in Ep 3, but Anakin wasn't. So Obi was still higher in the ranks.[/spoiler]
This is all correct.
[spoiler]Can't argue with that one. Obi-wan went straight in for the kill. There might have been one line about turning back to the good side... Can't remember.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Obi-Wan went to see if he could talk and reason with Annakin - he tried to let Padme dissuade him, and then they conversed before they faught.  Obi-Wan also believed in the Jedi order, and the power of the light side.[/spoiler]

Obi could have made the first part up. As for the second part, Ep 4 explains that. The uncle basically didn't want Luke going and getting into trouble. Besides, he might think the same thing would happen to him as happened to Anakin. [/quote]

Obi-Wan made that up.  There wasn't time, or reason, at that point to explain to Luke who his father REALLY was, and what happened.  Obi-Wan knew he had to start to train Luke, and get him off Tatooine, and start him on his way.
LUKE - What do you remember?

LEIA - Just...images, really. Feelings.

So, she doesn't actually say they are memories. They are more feelings she gets, from the force one would assume.
Also, she could be talking about her ADOPTED MOTHER.  Leia never KNEW she was adopted;  people always assumes she means Padme.  Jesus.

Bt
Last edited by Blackthorne519 on Sat May 21, 2005 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#19 Post by Klytos » Sat May 21, 2005 1:37 am

Just watched EpIII yesterday. GREAT movie!

Thepal
Knight Status

#20 Post by Thepal » Sat May 21, 2005 2:02 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Also, she could be talking about her ADOPTED MOTHER.  Leia never KNEW she was adopted;  people always assumes she means Padme.  Jesus.
Actually, she does know she is adopted.

LUKE - Leia... do you remember your mother? Your real mother?

If she didn't know she was adopted, then why would he say "real" mother?

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#21 Post by Boogeyman » Sat May 21, 2005 5:26 am

One major mistake in Episode 1: Qui-Gon was being cremated even though Jedi dissapear when they die.

Thepal
Knight Status

#22 Post by Thepal » Sat May 21, 2005 5:30 am

Boogeyman wrote:One major mistake in Episode 1: Qui-Gon was being cremated even though Jedi dissapear when they die.
Yeah... And the whole "He wasn't as in touch with the force as the others that disappeared" excuse doesn't really work after they made Yoda say the completely stupid thing to Obi-wan at the end about his new 'training'. I see absolutely no reason for it. Complete and utter crap.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#23 Post by Angelus3K » Sat May 21, 2005 7:14 am

Didnt Vader get cremated??

daventry
Knight Status

#24 Post by daventry » Sat May 21, 2005 7:23 am

[quote="Thepal"][quote="Boogeyman"]One major mistake in Episode 1: Qui-Gon was being cremated even though Jedi dissapear when they die.[/quote]

Yeah... And the whole "He wasn't as in touch with the force as the others that disappeared" excuse doesn't really work after they made Yoda say the completely stupid thing to Obi-wan at the end about his new 'training'. I see absolutely no reason for it. Complete and utter crap.[/quote]

Even all the Jedi and the Younglings who died did not dissapear in Episode 3.

Do they always dissapear in the Star Wars books and comics, Jedi's did not even dissapear in the Cartoon Series when they died.

Only Ben and Yoda dissapeared, they must really be special.
Last edited by daventry on Sat May 21, 2005 7:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#25 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat May 21, 2005 7:28 am

daventry wrote:Even all the Jedi and the Younglings who died did not dissapear in Episode 3.

Do they always dissapear in the Star Wars books and comics, Jedi's did not even dissapear in the Cartoon Series when they died.

Only Ben and Yoda dissapeared, they must really be special.
Ben and Yoda willingly gave themselves over to the Force; they were not killed.

When Vader struck Ben; he was already gone.

Bt