What we really look like!!!

This is where historically important threads are kept.
Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#476 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:59 pm

PumpkinChick wrote: I'm on the left with the bandana and the stylin' glasses.
And yes, we're in a hotel parking lot. Cause we're cool. :smokin
Totally, off topic, but do you like Dune?

I just re-read the first book, and finally read the second and third myself...... I was SO into Dune when I was young.

Bt

PumpkinChick
Peasant Status

#477 Post by PumpkinChick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:22 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Totally, off topic, but do you like Dune?

I just re-read the first book, and finally read the second and third myself...... I was SO into Dune when I was young.

Bt
I'm guessing you noticed my AIM screen name. (or perhaps I resemble a fremen in that pic :lol) Yeah, I dig Dune. I haven't read any of the books in a few years, but it remains one of my favorite sci-fi series of all time.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#478 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:25 am

PumpkinChick wrote:
Blackthorne519 wrote:Totally, off topic, but do you like Dune?

Bt
I'm guessing you noticed my AIM screen name. (or perhaps I resemble a fremen in that pic :lol) Yeah, I dig Dune. I haven't read any of the books in a few years, but it remains one of my favorite sci-fi series of all time.
Yeah, I guessed from the SN...... just struck me as weird, cause I just started reading God Emperor of Dune, like 40 minutes ago......heh.

Bt

PumpkinChick
Peasant Status

#479 Post by PumpkinChick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:39 am

Blackthorne519 wrote: Yeah, I guessed from the SN...... just struck me as weird, cause I just started reading God Emperor of Dune, like 40 minutes ago......heh.

Bt
Oh, I love that one! ^.^ Now you've got me all nostalgic, I'm gonna have to go read the whole series again.

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#480 Post by Snarky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:48 am

I am also a big Dune fan. Not sure I could read God Emperor without starting from the beginning of the series, though.

Have any of your read DOON?

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#481 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:57 am

DAMMIT BT! Must you hit on all the girls on this forum? First Swift, then Chels, now PumpkinChick? You stay away from Vamp, she's engaged!!!!!

:rollin

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

DUNE

#482 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:49 am

Rambaldi0503 wrote:DAMMIT BT! Must you hit on all the girls on this forum? First Swift, then Chels, now PumpkinChick? You stay away from Vamp, she's engaged!!!!!

:rollin
How is discussing the greatness of Frank Herbert's magnum opus epic hitting on chels, Rambaldi?

As to my opinion on Dune, I love all the original works by Frank Herbert but I've never really been able to get into the continued works by his son Brian. Arrakis is indeed one of the best known worlds in sci-fi (it's even in the holographic display of Sci-Fi worlds in the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle). However, I must honoestly say that the Dune saga is NOT my favorite massive sci-fi novel series; anyone care to guess what is? 8o

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#483 Post by Swift » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:58 am

Don't you mean PumpkinChick, Brainiac?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Oops!

#484 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:07 am

Shoot, that's the second time I've screwed up names (Navy instead of AGD2 was the first)! Either I'm going senile or my brain still hasn't recovered from you turning me into a mouse... :lol

Anyway, I meant PC, not chels; sorry to both ladies. :o

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#485 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:19 am

Good lord! I don't hit on everyone here! I just asked about Dune!!!!!!

Heh. Hmm..... Brain's favorite Sci-Fi series......

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? or Red Dwarf! Heheh

Bt

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Sorry...

#486 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:34 am

Blackthorne519 wrote:Heh. Hmm..... Brain's favorite Sci-Fi series......

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? or Red Dwarf!
I loved the Hitchhiker series (what self-respecting QfG fan doesn't? :D ), but I'm afraid both are wrong. Next!

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#487 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:04 am

Blackthorne - Any specific reason the dude in your 'tar walks with a limp? I know you said he's a villian, so maybe that's his thing? I mean, all villians gotta have a thing, right?

Oh, and before anyone says it, I'm talking about his thing, NOT his thing-y. Dig? ;)

~Wolfgang

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#488 Post by Snarky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:03 am

Favorite SF series? Some high-probability possibilities:

Asimov - Future History (Robots/Foundation)
Simmons - Hyperion Cantos
Banks - Culture

As for Brian's Dune books, I think Penny Arcade expressed it best:

chels
Royal Servant Status

Re: Oops!

#489 Post by chels » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:21 am

Brainiac wrote:Anyway, I meant PC, not chels; sorry to both ladies. :o
you should be! hehe :p

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: Sorry...

#490 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:53 am

Brainiac wrote:
Blackthorne519 wrote:Heh. Hmm..... Brain's favorite Sci-Fi series......

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy? or Red Dwarf!
I loved the Hitchhiker series (what self-respecting QfG fan doesn't? :D ), but I'm afraid both are wrong. Next!
I'm not sure if I'm respectible but I never got around to reading them. My brother...Steve (-O?) who got me started on WFG read them so there is some truth to that statement

I never read Dune bit the middle brother (Not steve not me) wanted to read Dune and we found the books right after he got in a car accident that made his right eye leak an erie puss so he never got to read them :(

I almost watched Red Dwarf the other night at like 2 AM but the way you guys talk about it it seems highly inaproprite for an almost 15 year old.

I geuss you cans say the Di Rocco house is a house of nerds. Now if you'll excuse me i need some alone time after my date with the three boobed chick from zenon ;)

O god that post went to hell the closer it got to the end.

P.S is my grammar getting better? I'm really trying hard to take Erpy and Steve-O's advice. By the whosists what is Erpy's Name? I never got it.

PumpkinChick
Peasant Status

Re: DUNE

#491 Post by PumpkinChick » Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:31 pm

Brainiac wrote: As to my opinion on Dune, I love all the original works by Frank Herbert but I've never really been able to get into the continued works by his son Brian. Arrakis is indeed one of the best known worlds in sci-fi (it's even in the holographic display of Sci-Fi worlds in the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame in Seattle). However, I must honoestly say that the Dune saga is NOT my favorite massive sci-fi novel series; anyone care to guess what is? 8o
Well, my favorite sci-fi series is probably Ender's Game. That wouldn't happen to be it, would it? I haven't read very many other sci-fi series, mostly just fantasy fiction (though there are many books that kind of fall into both categories). In fact, the only other truly sci-fi series I think I've read would be the Hitchiker's Guide.

Oh yeah, and I was totally not getting hit on by BT. :lol I have a sixth sense about these things.

Jafar
Super Star

#492 Post by Jafar » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:34 pm

Its getting better QFGfan. Erpy's name is(Probably misspelled) Stijin Van Empel. Did I get it right?

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#493 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:58 pm

Oh yeah, and I was totally not getting hit on by BT. I have a sixth sense about these things.
No, see, you don't understand him very well. Trust me, I've known him for like six months now. He thinks if a girl just TALKS to him, she's his girlfriend. :p

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Answers

#494 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Sorry, PC; the Ender novels are great, but not my favorite. Snarky, you want to pick one in particular as your guess?

chels
Royal Servant Status

#495 Post by chels » Wed Jul 14, 2004 4:07 pm

Rambaldi0503 wrote:Trust me, I've known him for like six months now. He thinks if a girl just TALKS to him, she's his girlfriend. :p
Then BT is quite the pimp! :hat :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#496 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:15 pm

Wolfgang Abenteuer wrote:Blackthorne - Any specific reason the dude in your 'tar walks with a limp? I know you said he's a villian, so maybe that's his thing? I mean, all villians gotta have a thing, right?

~Wolfgang
I think cause he's missing a frame, to get the file size under 6k.....

Bt

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Sorry...

#497 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:20 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote: P.S is my grammar getting better? I'm really trying hard to take Erpy and Steve-O's advice. By the whosists what is Erpy's Name? I never got it.
Dude, I gotta say, this post was EVER so much more readable, and I actually could understand your points. Kudos to you man. I'm glad to see that you actually care about the forums enough to try and improve yourself, even if it is a tiny bit and something stupid like better grammar and punctuation. Right on.
chels wrote:Then BT is quite the pimp!
You DAAAAMN right!!!!!

Just kidding.

Bt
Last edited by Blackthorne519 on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#498 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:20 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Wolfgang Abenteuer wrote:Blackthorne - Any specific reason the dude in your 'tar walks with a limp? I know you said he's a villian, so maybe that's his thing? I mean, all villians gotta have a thing, right?

~Wolfgang

Bt
Really? He looks like he walks in the demo...

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

Re: Answers

#499 Post by Snarky » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:02 pm

Brainiac wrote:Sorry, PC; the Ender novels are great, but not my favorite. Snarky, you want to pick one in particular as your guess?
Alright, I'll go with the one I like best, Banks' Culture series.

Though personally, I rate Ursula Le Guin's Hainish cycle (The Dispossessed, The Left Hand of Darkness etc.) higher. It doesn't seem to be as popular as it deserves to be, though. (Or people tend to think of them as individual novels rather than as a series, at least.)

I don't think there's anything inappropriate for a teenager in Red Dwarf, QFGFan.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#500 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:15 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:

Bt
Actually, it seems to me that the frames weren't properly aligned when the .gif was made. Try taking the animation apart and aligning the character's head so that it's in the same location in each frame and then put the .gif back together. It seems to look fine that way. Then again I know bubkes about graphics and animation, so meh. :p I just figured it was intentional for one reason or another (cool looking sprite otherwise, BTW :) ).

~Wolfgang