Comments

This forum is for discussion about KQII:RTS. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

Comments

#1 Post by Peter Swinkels » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:03 pm

While I was playing Kings Quest II vga I noticed the following:
To place the blue gem in the skull at Hagatha's cave just clicking the gem on the skull isn't enough, you need to find the right pixel to click on.
It is the same with turning the skull, clicking the skull doesn't turn it, clicking the right pixel does. This is annoying because you need to click several times while moving the mouse carefully before the game performs the required action. The message you get when clicking the wrong pixel also gives people the impression they are trying to perform the wrong action while the are clicking the right object at the right spot but not the right pixel.

To make a long message short: wouldn't increasing the size of the hotspot that triggers the actions make these actions less of a pixel hunt?

Except for these minor things Kings Quest II vga looks pretty good so far though.

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#2 Post by anathoth8 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:13 pm

Hmm, I don't recall ever having this problem.

You should notice that each cursor has a "twinkle", for lack of a better word. This is the cursor's hotspot. Make sure that this hotspot is over it is you wish to interact with.

As a comparison, think about the arrow cursor in Windows. When you click on something, you point the tip of the arrow at it, not the stem or any other part. You want to do the same thing here.

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#3 Post by Peter Swinkels » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:40 pm

Ok, I noticed the twinkle, that seems to help.
So, I shouldn't aim the object but the twinkle at the hotspot :-)

Thanks.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:08 pm

Yep, the bright spot on each inventory item and cursor is the thing you need to position over the character/object you want to interact with. This is just the way AGS works.

catwoman55
Peasant Status

#5 Post by catwoman55 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:05 pm

@ Peter

Tell me, do you happen to play KQ2VGA on my comp while I am not around??? :eek

Looks like we are having exactly the same problems (see also KQ1 forum where I posted as a guest "Cat").

@ ALL

Now, this leads me to my first question, and as I am not sure if I should open a new thread or not, I will just post it here....

I am stuck in the cave of the enchantor, having read the book and being unable to find a beaker or other container to put in the ingredients (earrings, flower etc.) for the spell. Is my screen too dark? Maybe. No way to lighten it up, and no, not having the intention to get a new monitor... :D

Where IS this darn thing!!! I see something green in the center corner and am told that I should not touch mystic things. But even when I try to put the flower on it (or the earrings or the gem), nothing happens.... just the enchantor shows up and turns Graham into a pig ... *teehee*

Any idea???

Cat

PS. Otherwise: compliments for the great work. I am really enjoying this game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:00 pm

You can click the hand on the desktop to get a close-up view.

catwoman55
Peasant Status

#7 Post by catwoman55 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:53 pm

With the twinkle?

:D

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#8 Post by anathoth8 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:49 pm

Yep. Make sure that you click on the counter next to the book, but not on the book itself. You will get a closeup view of the counter and there you will find what you need.