Any advice on getting rid of unwanted attention?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#51 Post by fluxmaster » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:46 am

Thepal wrote:Generally the girls will be on a queue for certain guys and the guy will go through them one by one :P (or several at a time)
Well, that's a little bit like what I said about polygamous cultures, where a few men hoard all the women, but with a big difference. In serial monogamous cultures like ours ("ours" refering to the various cultures that most forum members belong to), after the women have waited their turn in line for the studs, the stud can, at most, settle down with one woman. So, to a young man who is not a stud, the situation may appear like the case in a polygamous culture. But as the young man gets older, the women who rejected him in the past (not necessarily the exact same women, but that type of woman) find that the limited number of studs have all been taken, so they will consider the type of man that they may have rejected in the past. So, for men, time really is on our side.

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#52 Post by Renodox » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:05 am

Yes, it is all your fault that they are interested
ANY woman who is interested in ME has something wrong with her eyes and her brain.

Actually, the kind of world I want to live in is the world that my namesake "Renodox" comes from.

Renodox is a member of the warrior class of planet "Xoneris." On this planet, only members of the ruling and upper classes are allowed to choose thier mates and that is only those of their own class. The members of the warrior clas must be assigned thier mates and the only purpose of the mating is reproduction. There is no "love" nor "relationship" involved. However, I would want my kind of love life to be like that of the lower class. These members are not allowed to mate. Escentially, the lower class members are the children of warrior class that did not develop into strong, able fighters. Because of this they are banned from passing on their genetic material in order to prevent the production of more weak Xonerainians.

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#53 Post by 1eyedParrot » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:44 pm

Women will almost always find you more attractive if you date their friends first.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#54 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:22 pm

1eyedParrot wrote:Women will almost always find you more attractive if you date their friends first.
Or sleep with them all, and completely ignore her.

Bt

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#55 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:10 pm

You want to know how to get rid of women? Simple...
Renodox is a member of the warrior class of planet "Xoneris." On this planet, only members of the ruling and upper classes are allowed to choose thier mates and that is only those of their own class. The members of the warrior clas must be assigned thier mates and the only purpose of the mating is reproduction. There is no "love" nor "relationship" involved. However, I would want my kind of love life to be like that of the lower class. These members are not allowed to mate. Escentially, the lower class members are the children of warrior class that did not develop into strong, able fighters. Because of this they are banned from passing on their genetic material in order to prevent the production of more weak Xonerainians.
Tell them that story. ;)

Seriously, though, WTF is wrong with this picture? Women only want guys who are not interested in them or something? And good grief, what a problem to have, Renodox. :\

~Wolfgang

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#56 Post by Alias » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:18 pm

Why dont you just say scram! Or say your gay. :| :rollin

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#57 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:20 pm

Or say your gay.
He doesnt wasnt ANY attention male or female!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#58 Post by Alias » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:24 pm

Angelus3K wrote:
Or say your gay.
He doesnt wasnt ANY attention male or female!
hehe! Just say get lost then!

We should start a DR.Love thread, were everyone can post their problems! :lol

I think I might do that! 8o

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#59 Post by Renodox » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:04 pm

hehe! Just say get lost then!

We should start a DR.Love thread, were everyone can post their problems!

I think I might do that!
I don't want to hurt their feelings, just get them to quit showing any sort of interest in me. As for the Dr. Love thread... do as you will.

I had a strange dream last night. Some woman dressed in a bell-boy outfit was following me around. She was normal enough except carried a red rod of some sort, she walked using her hands as well as her legs (kinda like Rafiki from The Lion King) and she had a monkey tail. She introduced herself as the "Monkey Queen" and kept following me around. When I finally confronted her, she told me that she'd do anything that I wanted. I told her to go way. She then states, "Anything at all, whatever you want!" However, she didn't leave. So, I told her to go away. She then waved her tail around and explained that I shouldn't let that disturb me. It was part of her but that was the only thing on her that was strange. Escentially she was just an agile woman with a tail. I told her to go away. Reguardless of her CLAIM that she'd do whatever I wanted she never did just go away and that's all I asked of her. What do you think of that?

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#60 Post by 1eyedParrot » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:10 pm

A dominant-beastality fetish?

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#61 Post by fluxmaster » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:27 pm

Well, I think it's rather obvious, you don't want women showing interest in you, so you dream about a woman who won't stop showing interest in you. As far as the bell-boy outfit, a bellboy is someone who is at your service, so to speak, but they can also be annoying because they always have their hands out for a tip. Sometimes, when I stay at a hotel, if the bell-boy tries to carry my suitecase, I say, "No, thank you, I'll carry it myself," because I think that, if I let him carry it, he'll want me to give him a tip. As far as the monkey tail, I'm sure you know the expression "to have a monkey on your back." The red rod may be something she used to dominate you, and may symbolize bondage of some sort. From here on I may be on shaky ground, but I think the color red may symbolize blood. I have a couple of interpretations: One is that the rod is used to inflict pain and draw blood from you. The other is that it represents menstrual blood. We all know that many women like to use red lipstick and red nail polish. The red lipstick is to make her "northern" lips remind us of her "southern" lips, and so I think that that is what the red may represent.

By the way, is it always the same women giving you unwanted attention, or is it different women? Because I don't think it is realistic to expect women to stop expressing interest in men; it is a part of nature. If it is always the same women, just give them the celebacy line. If it is different women, then you just have to accept that as part of nature.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#62 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:10 pm

The red lipstick is to make her "northern" lips remind us of her "southern" lips, and so I think that that is what the red may represent.
:lol :lol
If it is different women, then you just have to accept that as part of nature.
And exactly what nature would that be?! I have yet to see this "nature" of which you speak. :p

But that's a good analysis, fluxmaster. I wonder if maybe something happened to Renodox when he was young that made him feel this way now? Like maybe he was over-pampered as a small child by his mother or something, so he tries to shy away from all attention? Or maybe he was embarrassed by an aspect of himself (perhaps through the fault of someone else) and therefore didn't want anyone to notice him?

Meh...I'm no psychologist, so I'm just wildly guessing here. Interesting stuff, though, flux. :)

~Wolfgang

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#63 Post by Meerbat » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:31 pm

For an explanation of the red rod, read Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. ;)

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#64 Post by fluxmaster » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:51 pm

Wolfgang Abenteuer wrote:And exactly what nature would that be?! I have yet to see this "nature" of which you speak.
According to Aristotle, everything has a nature or φύσις ("physis"). In Aristotle's work On Nature, which is sometimes called Physics, he wrote
Of things that exist, some exist by nature, some from other causes.
'By nature' the animals and their parts exist, and the plants and the simple bodies (earth, fire, air, water)-for we say that these and the like exist 'by nature'.

All the things mentioned present a feature in which they differ from things which are not constituted by nature. Each of them has within itself a principle of motion and of stationariness (in respect of place, or of growth and decrease, or by way of alteration). On the other hand, a bed and a coat and anything else of that sort, qua receiving these designations i.e. in so far as they are products of art-have no innate impulse to change. But in so far as they happen to be composed of stone or of earth or of a mixture of the two, they do have such an impulse, and just to that extent which seems to indicate that nature is a source or cause of being moved and of being at rest in that to which it belongs primarily, in virtue of itself and not in virtue of a concomitant attribute.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . Antiphon points out that if you planted a bed and the rotting wood acquired the power of sending up a shoot, it would not be a bed that would come up, but wood-which shows that the arrangement in accordance with the rules of the art is merely an incidental attribute, whereas the real nature is the other, which, further, persists continuously through the process of making.
So, in other words, it is in the nature of men and women to seek each other out. It is not something that is imposed on them, like the form of a bed on wood, or something that they have to be taught. They will do it of their own accord. (Gays claim that it is part of their nature to be attracted to the same sex, and I have no reason to dispute this.)

Whether Renodox's desire not to have romantic envolvement with anyone is part of his nature or whether it is something he learned is not for me to decide. If it is part of his nature, then he is merely following his nature; if it is learned, then he can choose to unlearn it if and when he desires to. Both of these questions are for him alone to decide.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#65 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:09 pm

Okay, I was being facetious with my "nature" comment, but evidently my attempt at humour has once again failed. :p Thanks for the lesson, though!

~Wolfgang

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#66 Post by Renodox » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:22 am

I know! I'll show her the true passion of my life!
http://www.snopes.com/photos/commercial ... asp#photo3
By the way, is it always the same women giving you unwanted attention, or is it different women? Because I don't think it is realistic to expect women to stop expressing interest in men; it is a part of nature. If it is always the same women, just give them the celebacy line. If it is different women, then you just have to accept that as part of nature.
It's different women. Maybe this is the fault of Manypaws the evil potato. Hmm. Anyway, if it is just nature then I'm like Chunk: I'm not scared of the dark, I like the dark, I love the dark! ...But I hate nature! I hate nature!

I wonder if maybe something happened to Renodox when he was young that made him feel this way now? Like maybe he was over-pampered as a small child by his mother or something, so he tries to shy away from all attention? Or maybe he was embarrassed by an aspect of himself (perhaps through the fault of someone else) and therefore didn't want anyone to notice him?
Nope. None of those things happened. In fact, the most trumatic thing was that I was diagnosed with a terminal condition before I was even born. While it's not the sole reason, one reason I don't want to get involved with women is because there is the possibility of children. Unfortunately, if I were to conceive children, they would inevitably be inflicted with this same condition.

The Knight
King of Men

#67 Post by The Knight » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:29 am

Unfortunately, if I were to conceive children, they would inevitably be inflicted with this same condition.
I don't think you really have to worry about that. ;)

Keenermart
Royal Servant Status

#68 Post by Keenermart » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:52 am

First of all, I'm still shaking my head at Flux's interpretation of his dream... Freud was a Froot Loop... The reality of dreams is that they are more or less just an extension of awake-time thinking. Strange and bizarre things happen, but they're more often than not based in something that was already in your head... just an extension of your imagination. Dreams have very few hidden meanings and interpretation, bizarre though they may be.

Second... why the hell can't I have this kind of problem? I mean sure, I'm not the best looking guy in the world... in fact, I'd wager I'm in the lower half, albeit near the top of the lower half... but at least I give some attention back. I mean, these girls aren't just smiling and waving, their lifting their shirts and skirts Girls Gone Wild style, and practically throwing themselves at his feet, and he just ignores them!! If he doesn't want that, great for him... it seems a little strange, but hey, if that's what he truly wants, let him be. But come on... show a brotha some love!!

Skyshark
Knight Status

#69 Post by Skyshark » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:49 am

The Knight wrote:
Unfortunately, if I were to conceive children, they would inevitably be inflicted with this same condition.
I don't think you really have to worry about that. ;)
Unless he gets abducted by extraterrestrials. :evil

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#70 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:00 pm

I mean, these girls aren't just smiling and waving, their lifting their shirts and skirts Girls Gone Wild style, and practically throwing themselves at his feet, and he just ignores them!! If he doesn't want that, great for him... it seems a little strange, but hey, if that's what he truly wants, let him be. But come on... show a brotha some love!!
:lol Amen, man. My point exactly!

Hmmm...maybe girls only like guys who ignore them completely? Like the whole hard-to-get thing? Maybe it makes the guy seem more intriguing that way, like "Hey, I wonder what he's got going on...?" 'Course, I doubt that's the case, because for the most part I used to ignore girls and they were always kind(?) enough to return the favour. :p

There's just no damn justice, I tell you! I bet Renodox is a player. I mean, he comes on here and starts a thread amidst a plethora of "Help me find a woman!!" threads, and posts that all these girls are going after him like he's going out of style, and he wants to find a way to get rid of them all. C'mon Renodox...own up! You've been busted! :D
While it's not the sole reason, one reason I don't want to get involved with women is because there is the possibility of children.
Y'know, you can get married without having children, right? I mean, it's not a foregone conclusion that everyone wants to have kids. Besides, you could always adopt, if you want to have kids without actually...erm..."having" kids. There are plenty of kids to adopt out there. I just hope you don't deprive yourself of the potential happiness of having a soulmate based solely on something like that. There's always a way to work things out, yeah? :)

~Wolfgang

fluxmaster
Knight Status

#71 Post by fluxmaster » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:52 pm

Renodox wrote:Unfortunately, if I were to conceive children
I think you mean "beget" children.
Keenermart wrote:Freud was a Froot Loop
To a certain extent.
Keenermart wrote:Dreams have very few hidden meanings and interpretation
Regardless, I think that my "interpretation" was rather straightforward and didn't involve anything that was deeply hidden (except the last part about the significance of the color red).

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#72 Post by Renodox » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:30 pm

Y'know, you can get married without having children, right? I mean, it's not a foregone conclusion that everyone wants to have kids. Besides, you could always adopt, if you want to have kids without actually...erm..."having" kids. There are plenty of kids to adopt out there. I just hope you don't deprive yourself of the potential happiness of having a soulmate based solely on something like that. There's always a way to work things out, yeah
It matters not. The truth of the matter is that I have a terminal conditon and there is no cure for it. There never will be. In fact, the only way to remedy the condition is to die. And I said, POSSIBILITY. One of my teachers had the idea that a good 60% of his students weren't planned out.
I think you mean "beget" children.
Whatever. You got the general idea did you not?
There's just no damn justice, I tell you! I bet Renodox is a player. I mean, he comes on here and starts a thread amidst a plethora of "Help me find a woman!!" threads, and posts that all these girls are going after him like he's going out of style, and he wants to find a way to get rid of them all. C'mon Renodox...own up! You've been busted!
Like heck I am! One of the reasons that I took the name of an alien as my internet name is because I don't believe in interspecies mating or dating. I knwo that there are some creatures that are bred in this manner like a Tigon (father tiger, mother lioness) or a Liger (mohter tiger, father lion) or a mule (Horse/donkey cross breed). All the same I don't like the idea no matter how close they are. So... I am so far out of the loop I may as well be an alien.

And just for the record I think that the human body is one of the most disgusting sights there is. It's bald, wrinkled and/or lumpy. I've kissed before and it felt like pressing my lips to one of those "snake" toys (you know, the ones that are filled with a gel and it's supposed to be hard to hold them) covered with water. Besides, when you think about what's going on with a kiss, you'd get the same result by spitting into each other's mouths.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#73 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:32 pm

And just for the record I think that the human body is one of the most disgusting sights there is. It's bald, wrinkled and/or lumpy.
Okay, seeing grandma get out of the shower is enough to traumatise anyone, I'll agree. Still, it would behoove you to not use that as your prime example of nakedness. :p The internet is full of...ah..."better" examples. ;)
I've kissed before and it felt like pressing my lips to one of those "snake" toys (you know, the ones that are filled with a gel and it's supposed to be hard to hold them) covered with water.
Hmmm, I've never had one of those snake toys, but kisses are warm, and gentle, and emotionally euphoric (I remember the first girl I kissed was wearing strawberry chapstick at the time <3). Try thinking about it that way should the opportunity again present itself to you. Better yet, don't think about anything and just enjoy the moment for what it is. :)
Besides, when you think about what's going on with a kiss, you'd get the same result by spitting into each other's mouths.
Dude, if you're thinking about science while you're kissing someone, then you're wayyyyy off base. :p It's a much more emotional connection than a physical one (or at least it is for me), so you should be more concerned with how much you care about the person you're with, not how many microorganisms you are going to give and receive during the operation. :eek

I wish the best for you, man. I hope you can work this problem out, yeah? There's a lot to be had by having a relationship, and it'd be a pity if you missed out on a potentially grand one for some reason.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what condition is it that you have that you're worried about? And (totally joking here) is that the whole reason you're obsessed with making death lists of all the adventure games? :p

~Wolfgang

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#74 Post by 1eyedParrot » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:06 pm

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#75 Post by Renodox » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:06 pm

UGH! :x You should put a WARNING on that one! She proves my point however. You may notice the lumps on her arms, the ones that blare out on her hands, the huge lumps near the middle of her legs and the wrinkled foot! Besides, she's BALD! Remeber the most heinous crime that Valanice commited in Falderal. I don't remember it exactly but I think it went,
Guard: "And the most heinous crime of appearing in a public place without any hair, scales or feathers to cover her bald face... she is found..."
Jury: "Guilty, GUILTY, GUILTY!"
Besides, she's arrogant! That's worse than ugly!
Okay, seeing grandma get out of the shower is enough to traumatise anyone, I'll agree. Still, it would behoove you to not use that as your prime example of nakedness. The internet is full of...ah..."better" examples.
That's not what I meant and you know it! I mean all human anatomy! And don't talk to me about inner beauty either. I've taken a year of anatomy and I can tell you human insides aren't any more beautiful than the out.

Oh and as for the terminal condition... You mean you haven't figured it out?
[spoiler]It's Life.[/spoiler]