The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jafar
Super Star

#526 Post by Jafar » Wed Oct 06, 2004 2:46 am

Anyone know where you find the biggest quiver in OOT? Now that I have light arrows, I'm going to need more space for them.

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#527 Post by anathoth8 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:40 am

Jafar wrote:Anyone know where you find the biggest quiver in OOT? Now that I have light arrows, I'm going to need more space for them.
Go to the Geruto village during the day with Epona. Climb the hill to the top of the village. There is a horseback archery range there. You must score higher than 1500 points to receive the largest quiver.

Alternatively, since it doesn't matter in which order you get the quivers, in Kakariko Village, go to the archery range. Shoot all 10 targets to get a new quiver.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#528 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:42 am

Ah Ocarina of Time. I just recently started playing it again. I haven't played it in a few years. My N64 was stolen along with all my games however my brother got a hold of the wind waker/gamecube pack which came with the OOT Original and MasterQuest games so I've started again. I was the first to beat that out of all my friends and my brother. I don't remember 70% of it anymore, though.

Zelda was always my favourite game.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#529 Post by Skyshark » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:47 am

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of Megaman X: Command Mission, but I don't know if it will be released for PAL territories. Same goes for Megaman X8, but I managed to get a copy of Megaman X7, so here's hoping.

<is a Megaman nut (in particular, the X series), aside from Sierra games>

Jafar
Super Star

#530 Post by Jafar » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:19 am

Gamefaqs' release dates wrote:Release Data
RockMan X Command Mission Capcom 07/29/04 JP
Mega Man X: Command Mission Capcom 09/21/04 NA
Mega Man X: Command Mission Capcom 11/19/04 EU
If this is correct, it will come out where you are.
Last edited by Jafar on Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#531 Post by Skyshark » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:32 pm

S'pose. At either rate, it'll most likely be one of those titles that'll be hard for me to find. I know I had to look around a fair bit to find Megaman X7, as well as Megaman Zero 1 and 3 (yet to find Zero 2).

Jafar
Super Star

#532 Post by Jafar » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:39 am

Now I need help catching the Big Poes. :\
Theres only one left, and he's at the boulder at the "Y" on the map. But he never appears unless I'm on foot. I have no idea how to catch him. Help please?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#533 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:27 pm

Just finished Def Jam: Fight for NY!

This game is GREAT!!!! It has the best story I've ever expieranced in a fighter!! The game is near perfect!! 9/10!!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#534 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:19 am

Hey Broomie / Eyetoy owners!!

I just downloaded some PC drivers for my PS2 Eyetoy USB Camera and it works!!

So now I have a webcam for my PC!!!

The Eyetoy even has a built in mic!!!

Sweeeeeeet!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#535 Post by Angelus3K » Sat Oct 16, 2004 2:37 pm

WOW!!!!

Just finished Second Sight this game has such a good story with twists and surprises along the way!

Plus you have loads of cool weapons and MENTAL ABILITIES!! You can heal yourself, use telekineses, astral projection, physic blasts, posses people while astral projection, mind choke people in mid air and other cool stuff!!!

This game is definetly worth checking out!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#536 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:20 pm

Just started to play the game Evil Genius I think anathoth mentioned it awhile ago and man this game is SERIOUSLY FUN!!!

I've only played 5 mintues of it building my underground lair in a mountain!!! But I cant wait to play some more!!

I wish Vamp and I didnt have to go to my parents for dinner now :lol

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#537 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:22 am

Any body seen this new adventure game? Gilbert Goodmate, it looks good but looks a little cheesy!!

Oh and the new GTA: San Andreas trailer has been released!! Check it out!! Warning! Strong Language!

Skyshark
Knight Status

#538 Post by Skyshark » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:27 pm

Hired out Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy last night, but didn't get much of a chance to play it due to dealing with a problem with my car (electrics).

Anyway, you play a soldier who has potent psychic abilities. For example, you can use telekinesis to pick up enemy soldiers, hit them against the wall repeatedly, throw them into other soldiers, position crates or throw them, and you can even position enemy soldiers above a pit and then release them. :evil

Your powers gradually awaken with time (having had your memory wiped prior to being captured by the enemy so that your abilities couldn't be detected) and before I took it back, I unlocked two more powers. One was remote-viewing, where you leave your body and can go through doors and scout ahead, but you leave your body defenseless in the process. The other is an ability called mind drain, where you can the psi energy of enemies to replenish your psi energy levels (draining live enemies can make their heads explode too! :evil ).

Worth hiring out, IMO. As a sidenote, I've hired out GT4: Prologue and V8 Supercars 2 for tonight.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#539 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:43 pm

Hey Skyshark that is VERY similar to a new game which has come out called Second Sight, I posted about it earlier in this thread.
WOW!!!!

Just finished Second Sight this game has such a good story with twists and surprises along the way!

Plus you have loads of cool weapons and MENTAL ABILITIES!! You can heal yourself, use telekineses, astral projection, physic blasts, posses people while astral projection, mind choke people in mid air and other cool stuff!!!

This game is definetly worth checking out!!

Skyshark
Knight Status

#540 Post by Skyshark » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:33 am

Actually, that sounds familiar. Midway did Psi-Ops, but I'm not too sure who made Second Sight. One of them must be a copycat game, I'm guessing.

Either way, t'was a pretty good game from what I played of it. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#541 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:54 am

Second Sight was done by Codemasters.

Skyshark
Knight Status

#542 Post by Skyshark » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:55 pm

Ah, ok.

Anyway, GTA: San Andreas, if it's not delayed any further, will be ready for me to pick up on Friday! :D Already got a pre-order for it (mentioned that yonks ago), so I don't have to fight the crowds for a copy. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#543 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:09 pm

Yea I'll be picking a copy up on Friday too, I didnt pre-order it but I doubt I'll have trouble getting it (famous last words lol).

I doubt R* will delay it as it was leaked nearly a week ago so they'll want to get it out to the public ASAP.

On a similar note I cant believe that when Half Life 2 got delayed because of the leak it would be delayed for a whole YEAR that is a really long time!!!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#544 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:49 am

Whaaaaaaaaaatt!!!!

ps2.ign.com's review of GTA San Andreas is up!!

I cant believe the score they have given it... I've never seen a game with a score like that!

[spoiler]9.9/10!!!!!!!!!!! It must be okay then ;) [/spoiler]

EDIT: Lol look at the FIRST paragraph of the review
I'm not going to beat around the bush. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the single best PlayStation 2 title I have ever played. It's larger than the biggest RPG, has more story than the heftiest adventure game, and has almost as many mini-games as Nintendo's Mario Party. Additionally, it has a production value that's second to none, boasts a faithfulness to '90s source material with an eerie accuracy, and provides more hours of entertainment than all the previous Grand Theft Autos combined. In short, it's a terrific unending masterpiece of a game -- and one that will never fall victim to an over-exaggeration of its lofty status. It's the defining piece of software for Sony's successful sophomore system, and it's almost impossible to imagine a PlayStation 2 library without it.
Ahhh sweet sweet Grand Theft Auto.....

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#545 Post by anathoth8 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:32 pm

Tragic that the defining game of our generation is all about committing unending acts of meaningless violence and lewdness. Kind of says something about our society, doesn't it?

Parhelion
Royal Servant Status

#546 Post by Parhelion » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:36 pm

I couldn't agree more.

GTA3 was really popular among my friends. When I finally watched them playing it, and saw all my friends laughing about the whole thing with picking up the prostitute, getting health restored for money, and then getting the money back if you kill her, I just wanted to throw up.

Rockstar Games will never see a penny of my money.

Incidentally, when a few kids went on a shooting rampage, and a group filed a class-action suit against Rockstar Games, I defended the lawsuit in another forum and ended up causing a flame war like no other.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#547 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:55 pm

anathoth8 wrote:Tragic that the defining game of our generation is all about committing unending acts of meaningless violence and lewdness. Kind of says something about our society, doesn't it?
Yeah, heheh, and now they're whining because "People are pirating the game and breaking the law......."

Heh.

Now, on the otherside of the pretentious societal cracking,

Beyond social ramifications, GTA is a fun game that allows one to experience an alternate reality, where doing such forbidden things as stealing cars can be accomplished at will. It is, sadly, human nature to wish to try things that are forbidden. This game is a fantasy; which should be left at the console when done. Unfortunately, because of inadequate education and training (and the selective breeding of DNA [read mass sexual enounters by nitwits] that should have already been ended years ago) many people today cannot distinguish between why reality is the way it is, and why fantasy is the way it is. The crossover of these two areas is becoming a serious problem, and it is concurrently promoted (the deviant thug lifestyle) within films and music as well.

Bt

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#548 Post by anathoth8 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:14 pm

Blackthorne519 wrote:Beyond social ramifications, GTA is a fun game that allows one to experience an alternate reality, where doing such forbidden things as stealing cars can be accomplished at will. It is, sadly, human nature to wish to try things that are forbidden. This game is a fantasy; which should be left at the console when done. Unfortunately, because of inadequate education and training (and the selective breeding of DNA [read mass sexual enounters by nitwits] that should have already been ended years ago) many people today cannot distinguish between why reality is the way it is, and why fantasy is the way it is. The crossover of these two areas is becoming a serious problem, and it is concurrently promoted (the deviant thug lifestyle) within films and music as well.

Bt
Yea, don't misunderstand me. I do think that such media desensitizes people, however, I don't believe that video games, movies, or music with violent or sexually explicit themes cause people to do these things. Rather, I believe that the content in popular media is a reflection of the tastes and demands of the public at large.

Yes, I would rather see a violent video game, than arenas full of people gathered to watch a man maimed by a lion. At least no one gets hurt if it doesn't go beyond the film screen. If people want to play these games, that is their decision; obviously, the vast majority of these players are perfectly well-balanced people who would never commit such crimes in reality.

But I still think that it is a rather sad commentary on our society.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#549 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:42 pm

anathoth8 wrote: But I still think that it is a rather sad commentary on our society.
Certainly, but it's not like such violent entertainment has never before been seen in societies; this is just how we manifest it in our entertainment culture.

Look at the Roman Gladitorial Combats, which were FOR entertainment, or The Knight Jousting/Battle competitions of the middle ages; to the backroom Bare-knuckle boxing, cockfights and dogfights of the late 19th, early 20th century. Violent entertainment has ALWAYS been a part of society.

And that is sad.

Bt

Skyshark
Knight Status

#550 Post by Skyshark » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:38 am

People who sue game companies when they commit violent and deviant acts upon society due to something they saw in a computer game are just trying to shift the blame and avoid responsibility for their actions. They are just looking for the easy way out and maybe a bit of money from "compensation".

IMO, such lawsuits ought to be banned outright! Because: 1. They're just a veiled grab for money, whilst shifting the blame. 2. It's far too easy to blame a third party than to accept responsibility. 3. It's a waste of time for the courts. 4. I'm getting sick of people trying to cottonwool society.

And from what I've heard, some people who commit these acts aren't old enough to view/play the alleged inspirational material (i.e. if something's rated MA15+, 11-year old kids who play something like this and go out and do something like gangbash old people have no sympathy from me, because they're too young and another question springs to mind: How did they manage to get hold of the game when they're underaged?)

It's got to stop.