i don't know what i'm going to do

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

i don't know what i'm going to do

#1 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun May 08, 2005 2:38 am

i'm in dire straits right now.  

i learned this past week that the likelihood of me getting a place on Fuller's campus by the time classes start on June 20th is very dim.

So, I've been spending the past three days, almost non-stop looking for apartments/roommates in Pasadena, within walking distance of Fuller.

I'm having zero luck.  I've sent out some e-mails, made some calls, nothing.

There's some great apartment search sites, however, they charge $60 to search for 30 days.  60 dollars is a hell of a lot of money, particularly for something I'm not going to use for more than a week, at the most.

I'm crying.  Again.  That's all I've been doing lately.  I don't know what I'm going to do.  I can't find a place to live.  My mom is being zero help - when I told her the situation, all she told me to do was to call Fuller Housing and make a scene.

They're going to tell me the same damn thing they told me when I called them several days ago - there's nothing they can do.  They have a very lengthy waiting list, and there are people who have been on it significantly longer than I have.

I don't know what I'm going to do.  I'm stuck.  I'm frustrated.  I'm crying.  I've got so many other things going on right now.  I don't have time for this.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Oh dear!

#2 Post by FatherGhostface » Sun May 08, 2005 3:09 am

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Steffi! Surley things will change of heart in the luck catagory for you, very soon of course!

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#3 Post by Ghost_Rider » Sun May 08, 2005 4:35 am

Hey Steffi,

Sounds like you are doing the right things, just keep at it and I'm sure you'll be able to find something.  

One idea is to find out what the local newspaper (or newspapers) are called.  Many newspapers have websites with stories and news, and more importantly for you, classified ads - updated daily.  If you can get onto a website of a local paper you should be able to find listings on apartments for rent.  You can use Mapquest or Google maps to see where they are physically located so that you know if it's within walking distance or not.

That really stinks that Fuller Housing can't be of more help.  I mean, they should at least be kind enough to give you the numbers for some apartment buildings in the area - but sounds like they're being useless.

One more idea - if you know anyone who knows someone that lives in or near Pasadena, that would be huge.  It's much easier if you can get a contact within the local area to be your scout.

Let us know who things go.  Best wishes!

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#4 Post by Swift » Sun May 08, 2005 5:09 am

Good luck, Steffi.

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#5 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sun May 08, 2005 7:51 pm

I know this won't help, but something things happen you can't change. Hopefully this will get worked out soon for you.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#6 Post by Angelus3K » Sun May 08, 2005 8:02 pm

Good luck Steffi, I'm sure you'll find a great place, just keep trying!!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#7 Post by Klytos » Mon May 09, 2005 1:24 am

Hey Steffi, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you're looking for somewhere to live. You'll find something.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#8 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed May 11, 2005 2:42 am

Never give up and trust your instincts. Those are the words I love to hear at any trial that comes. So just don't stop and be upbeat as well as persistant

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#9 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Wed May 11, 2005 5:17 am

yup, i found a place!  

i'll be rooming with a 34 year old woman.  I'll have a large room to myself, which she is going to get furnished.  She knows a lot of people at my school, and is going to see if any of them have extra furniture.  The cost, with expenses, will be around $800 a month.

Best part?

I'm going to have my very own balcony with a view of the San Gabriel Mountains. :)

I'm so excited.  Yeah, life is good.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#10 Post by Swift » Wed May 11, 2005 5:33 am

Congrats. :D

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Wed May 11, 2005 8:28 am

Told ya you'd find a place  :p

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#12 Post by VampD3 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:28 pm

Funny how things always turn out. Congrats Steffi!!! Sounds great!!

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#13 Post by Klytos » Wed May 11, 2005 2:10 pm

Well done. Glad it's all worked out for you!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu May 12, 2005 3:12 am

imagine where you would be if you gave up or didn't trust your instincts ;)

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#15 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu May 12, 2005 2:20 pm

bahhhhhhhh .... most recent update .....

my mom is driving me insane.  she called me 3 times yesterday because she's convinced the woman i'm going to be living with is a crack dealer or a hooker or something along those lines.  then, last night, i learn - from my dad - that my mom called the Fuller housing office - without asking or telling me first - because it's like she didn't believe me when I said they didn't have anything.

i'm really tired of being treated like a kid and being second guessed every single time I make a decision.  I'm really looking forward to living in this apartment, and I don't want to be made to feel like I'm screwing up because of that.  Bah.  How can she tell me one minute that I need to be an adult, and then the next turn around and do soemthing like that?

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#16 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Thu May 12, 2005 4:29 pm

I was going to get an apartment about 45 minutes from my home, so I could sling to university in Murfreesboro and work in Nashville, but my sister is due to have her baby in late August, early September, and contrary to pop culture, she, her husband, and my parents get along awesome, so my parents are thinking of moving to Philadelphia for a few months, to help out with the kid and all that, which means I'd have to hold fort, and all that crap at home, which means that it'd be pointless for me to look for an apartment until like December, as I can live at home, which my parents want me to do anyways, but between driving from home in Franklin,  school in Murfreesboro, and work in Nashville, I would get less sleep than I do now, and be massivly responsible for a gas shortage(j/k).  Aggravating how people make plans around you, no?  I seriously, sometimes, just want to walk away from it all and come back when I'm stronger, more experienced, and better capable of dealing with all this growing up bullshit, while my parents don't wanna cut the ulmbilical.  Sometimes, I can wait to turn 18, and othertimes, I'm scared shitless.