To Californians: What the heck??!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

To Californians: What the heck??!!

#1 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:10 pm

I was told y'all didn't get as many detectable earthquakes as people say you do, yet, in the past 4 days, there's been 3 of fair magnitude - the 5.6 on Sunday, the 7.0 on Tuesday, and, today, the 5.3!  what the hell?  i was sitting on the couch, minding my own business, and the building starts shaking.    I've been here just over a week, and this is what i have to contend with!  some welcome, i must say.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:24 pm

People in California lie, too.  Don't worry.  Someday it'll ALL be under the sea.

Bt

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

HEY!

#3 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:45 pm

Hey! Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) is a Californian, so watch it MISSY!

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#4 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:44 pm

wtf? where did that come from?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:52 pm

Cain if you hadn't noticed than perhaps I should tell you. Father Ghost Face is a little girl and watches little girl tv such as desperate house wives and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. From these two shows we can also assume that he/she is watching simmilar shitty TV like Clean Sweep and Trading Spaces. Congratulations Father, you are an honarary crappy tv watcher.

Also California is the state that's sliding North right?

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by FatherGhostface » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:54 pm

:(

Da_elf
Knight Status

#7 Post by Da_elf » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:17 pm

boy how times change. back in my day it usued to be things like my little pony, care bears, strawberry shortcake. etc. (SMURFS RULED!!!)

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:25 pm

um, FG, where in there did i insult Californians?  it's more of a general "what the hell is going on?" post.  whatever.  i get the impression you don't really read most of what you respond to.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#9 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:03 am

Da_elf wrote:boy how times change. back in my day it usued to be things like my little pony, care bears, strawberry shortcake. etc. (SMURFS RULED!!!)
So did Transformers and VolTron!

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#10 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:10 am

Steffi Evenstar wrote:i get the impression you don't really read most of what you respond to.
I sometimes get the impression that he doesn't think when he responds...

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:20 am

navynuke - that too.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

#12 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:43 am

You'll hear about this in the news section of my website!  >:

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#13 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:45 am

As long as you don't spam it here I'll never see it   :D

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#14 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:30 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:As long as you don't spam it here I'll never see it   :D
:lol    "If a tree falls in the forest, but no one hears it, does it make a sound?"

I'm not sure if California is sliding north.  If it is, does that mean it's pushing Oregon and Washington into British Columbia???  Pretty soon everyone would be in Alaska.

Hey, California and Florida are nice sunny places.... but in CA you have earthquakes and mudslides, and in FL you have hurricanes.  What's the saying?  Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there?

Yes, the days of the Transformers cartoons were great.  I mean Generation One, with Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream, etc.  Not "Wee Beasties" or whatever this new crap is.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#15 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:37 am

Beasties was my day where they transformed from robot to animal. It was during that whole 3D shows era when Reboot came along. The characters were rediculously flat and only optimus made it worth watching and the snappy wit and put downs of Rat Trap...oh yes I remember my sixth year of life well.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#16 Post by Ghost_Rider » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:58 am

:)   Well I guess I'm a bit older than you then.  I think Transformers G1 started in 1984, when I was 5 years old.  It had already been on for a few years before I really got into it.  I don't think my attention span at 5 years of age was very good.   ;)

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:13 am

Here's the thing there. You're 25, and I'm 15. therefore your tv consisted of 4 frames and mouth animation where as my tv consisted of 3d experiments and subliminal messages.

Da_elf
Knight Status

#18 Post by Da_elf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:54 am

hell im 29. cartoons back then were probably even less frames hehe. the amount of times ive seen a walk cycle reused for scoby-doo is rediculous. as well as the backgrounds. sheesh.

as for this comment "If a tree falls in the forest, but no one hears it, does it make a sound?" ....yes it does make a sound. The 1st definition of sound according to www.dictionary.com is this "Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing. " so whether or not someone is there to detect it or not....it still is creating vibrations in the air. so in fact yes. it does make a sound.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#19 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:27 am

I've always thought so but these questions stick with you throughout your life. My brother is in College right now and he did an entire report on "What came first the chicken or the egg?" He got 97% on it. It was an oral presentation and he asked the class and over half of them said

"the chicken because it made the egg."

to which he says "and who made the chicken?"

The boy responds "God of course"
(in my family we are atheiasts or atleast close enough)

my brother shrugs and says "Back that theory up and I'll let you take over my presentation."

hehehh good ole bible and it's not making sense...reminds me of some Jesus jokes I heard at school today but I think I may offend someone.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#20 Post by Klytos » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:31 am

Jesus people. How about a little less caffine or something!

Father Ghostface was a little obscure in his reference to Sarah Michelle Gellar, but he wasn't insulting Californians or anyone else. So ease up.
Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Cain if you hadn't noticed than perhaps I should tell you. Father Ghost Face is a little girl and watches little girl tv such as desperate house wives and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. From these two shows we can also assume that he/she is watching simmilar shitty TV like Clean Sweep and Trading Spaces. Congratulations Father, you are an honarary crappy tv watcher.
Just cause he watches shows that don't make it high in your 15 year old world of knowing absolutly nothing about anything, doesn't give you the right to throw insult after insult at him. I suppose it makes you feel like a big man to pick on people who are younger than you. Two Words : Grow Up!

As for Buffy, it's a good show and I don't think I'd be the only other person here who would think so. Desperate Housewives is one of the highest rating shows around at the moment, although I don't like it, there's a lot of people out there who do.
The King of Iraq wrote:So did Transformers and VolTron!
You're damn right they did. VolTron rocked. Especially the ones with the lions, not the other series in space.

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Thank you!

#21 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:33 am

Thank you! But I just watch DH becuase it's got Maria Cross in it.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#22 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:37 am

|I sorry, it's been a long day... I geuss it was a bit over the top and in other places to sorry Father Ghost Face

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Thanks!

#23 Post by FatherGhostface » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:46 pm

Dat okay! I'm soory to. :D  OW MY ANKLE! The best part about today is that my sisters stoped ruining my life, and I can continue to ruin theirs. And I have more Ice Cream Cake YUM! So now Californains Steffi, do tell?

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#24 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:57 pm

This thread makes me think...........

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Bt

Broomie
The Enigma

#25 Post by Broomie » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:26 pm

Good old Billy Madison quoting there, BT.