Trip

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Trip

#1 Post by rugged » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:00 am

My one month trip around the world is now over :-(
We had a wonderful time seeing Europe.
Our trip started in London where we done the cheesey touristy things. We also went on a day trip to cambridge which was a really nice place, we were able to go punting down the river which was heaps of fun. The highlight from London was going to the musical The Lion King on our last night there. It was really exceptional and I would recommend it to anyone.

From their we went to liverpool and visted Sarah's (my wife) family. I managed to visit Anfield and also we went to Blackpool for a day which was ..... *cough* quite an experince, it did convince me that mullets and tight black jeans are still alive in England though!!

From there we travelled to Paris and spent a few days touring the city. I really like the Eiffel Tower and also enjoyed going out for some nice meals.

Next on our destination was Luzern which is a beautiful lake side town. We decided to shell out some cash and do a tourist trip. It started with a 90 minute boat cruise through the lake which was truly breath taking. Then we went on the worlds steepest cogwell train up a 6000 foot mountain. The view was amazing and their were many cool walks to go on. From their we took a large cable car halfway down the mountain to a place where we could go toboganing (sp?), which was also a lot of fun. We then took a half an hour Gondola ride down to the bottm and then a 15 minute bus trip back to the centre of Luzern.

From there we went to Venice, which while very beautiful we did't have much time and we so hot we went and lay on the beach for most of our time their, we did have a really nice meal at fantastic value that evening though

We travelled to Rome and did most of the touristy things and enjoyed staying at a camping ground with a pool and good restaurants.

We then travelled to Cyprus which was really really nice. After rushing around all the tourist things it was nice to go somewhere and blob. I did go on a snorkling trip and was amazed by the clarity of the water (the sea life was only average though). In Cyprus they served us the biggest meals and we ate likes kings for five days. I am sure I put on about 3 kilos in those five day in Cyprus!

We then had one night back in London (the morning on which we were leaving was when the bombs struck) before heading to Singapore, the highight of Singapore was the Zoo. It was an amazing Zoo that I can't even begin to describe, so GOOD!! We also managed to do a bit of shopping at the markets and buy some fake surf labels!!

From there we flew all the way home and went from 33degrees to -3 (no exageration)

This is the very short version of our trip, but we thoroughly enjoyed it. Have only travelled amoungst the pacific islands and USA before it was great to experince the differences of other cultures.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#2 Post by VampD3 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:20 am

All I can say is WOW!!! sounds like you had a Fab time!!! I would love to travel the world, don't see it happening though. Which was your fave? Must have cost a bit to get around aswell, got any pictures?  :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:35 am

Sounds like you had the time of your life!!

I wish I could do that someday and hey I guess I have plenty of time to do it!

I lived in Cambridge for 10 years, cool place although I would imagine its changed since I moved away 11-12 years ago.

Khaveen
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Khaveen » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:34 pm

I must say I was intrigued with the topic title. ;)

Nice trip, rugged. ;)

rugged
Defense Minister Status

Photos

#5 Post by rugged » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:02 pm